ARRAY(0xa3494edc)

Borrowed Time
Borrowed Time
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A really exciting and truly absorbing read, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Borrowed Time (Kindle Edition)
When I first started reading this book I thought it was just going to be a fictional account of how Britain might have been if the Germans had won the war. But once you get over the `factual' stuff at the start of the book you find it to be so much more, with the storyline developing into a really exciting and truly absorbing read.

I very much liked the fact that you can never quite guess where the plot is going to take you, and without giving too much away, I found the final twist to be quite intriguing and indeed thought provoking. As the story evolves, I found myself getting quite immersed in the dilemmas faced by the main character Tony Smith, and the realisation of how his actions in the past were to have have such devastating consequences to his future.
The author does a good job making the scenario of `time-travel seem very feasible and making the storyline believable. By the end of the book you have lots of food for thought and he makes you question your own origins and indeed your destiny.

If I was going to be at all critical I would suggest that there needs to be a little more elaboration of the personalities of some of the more peripheral characters, especially those back in 1945. However, this would be a minor criticism and not enough to stop me giving this a 5 star rating.
Overall a very enjoyable read, which I also believe would one day make a very good film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 9:06 AM BST