Profile for Francisco M. Albino > Reviews

Content by Francisco M. A...

Francisco M. Albino

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mizuno Wave EVO Cursoris 2 Running Shoes - 7
Mizuno Wave EVO Cursoris 2 Running Shoes - 7

5.0 out of 5 stars My second pair, 11 Dec. 2014
I'm on my second pair, looks like Mizuno addressed the fit around the ankle on this second iteration, they are much better, they hold your ankle much better, I really like them. They are very light, comfortable and provide for very pleasant runs.

Helly Hansen Men's Crew Midlayer Jacket - Navy, Medium
Helly Hansen Men's Crew Midlayer Jacket - Navy, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
Looks nice and feels nice for mild wet weather. Happy with the purchase.

Merrell Excursion Glove Smooth, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Brown (Espresso), 7 UK (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes, 11 Dec. 2014
I simply love these shoes. They are very comfortable, durable and I love walking in them. High quality craftsmanship and the ground feel is awesome. I am on my second pair, I use them for work (as they can be seen as office shoes) and casual wear. Very good shoes, my favourite shoes, I wish Merrell never stops making these. It would be great if they made them with an 'urban' outsole too, the sole is very durable but it will wear more if you walk on hard paved areas all the time, so if they had an urban version with a hard pavement outsole it would be even better.

Manual Of Freediving: Underwater On A Single Breath
Manual Of Freediving: Underwater On A Single Breath
by Umberto Pelizzari

5.0 out of 5 stars very complete manual, 9 Feb. 2014
It looks to me to be the definitive guide on freediving. I have learned a lot with this book, I think it covers all the important areas, and has very technical detailed explanations and information. Very good.

Merrell  EXCURSION LTR GLOVE Low Top Mens  Brown Braun (ESPRESSO) Size: 7 (41 EU)
Merrell EXCURSION LTR GLOVE Low Top Mens Brown Braun (ESPRESSO) Size: 7 (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, 9 Feb. 2014
I am bit suspect since I am a big fan of Merrell's barefoot line. I own 3 pairs at the moment one for trail, another for road running and these one for casual wear / work wear. All I can say is that I absolutely love these shoes, they are comfy, practical, good looking, excellent quality and most importantly they have a very good ride (I like to walk with them). Strongly recommend them and hopefully Merrell will never stop to sell these.

Update after nearly 2 years of wearing these every single day Monday to Friday to work often cycling to work or walking long distances:
These shoes are simply excellent. Durability is outstanding, the sole has long gone, it was very sticky while it lasted and lasted quite a while. Now the sole is a bit flat, but the rubber is good so there's still some adhesion. I am getting another pair.

Jiu-jitsu University
Jiu-jitsu University
by Saulo Ribeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good JJ reference, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Jiu-jitsu University (Paperback)
I have been practicing JJ intensively for 4 years (blue belt), and own several other books mainly from Royce / Renzo / Royler Gracie (all very good) and a few JJ dvds. What I can say is that this book is very very well put together. The system / structure in terms of main focus of each belt is different but it does makes sense and meets my own demands to improve and evolve in certain areas and techniques. I can say that I think that if you follow this book closely and train hard following this system and approach you can't go wrong. You'll have a proper JJ base. This is exactly what I was looking for, no point in learning very advanced techniques as whit/blue belt, what you need is to have a solid base and work from there, and this is exactly the philosophy behind this book and Saulo's teaching methods. Having said that, this book does contain advanced techniques, but for upper belts. The main focus however is for you to prioritize your learning, and focus on the most important areas according to each belt and your experience along your JJ journey. Brilliant book and Saulo is a brilliant insructor. The only fault I have is that I can't go back in time and start training JJ with Saulo 4 or 5 years ago and build a solid base. Great buy, recommend it for every one from novice to black belt.

Baby / Toddler Safety Backpack Walking Harness with Reins Blue
Baby / Toddler Safety Backpack Walking Harness with Reins Blue
Offered by Little Skiers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Feb. 2014
Very good does the job, looks sturdy and durabe and looks nice. I am happy with it. Would recommend it.

Merrell Men's ROAD GLOVE 2 Cross Trainers Black BLACK multi-coloured Mehrfarbig (BLACK/SULPHUR SPRINGS) Size: 7
Offered by Naolo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 9 Feb. 2014
Love all the shoes in the Merrell barefoot line. These are no different, Good quality, wide toe box, firm and responsive ride, great looks. I love them. I plan on using them for light runs and casual wear.

Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris Running Shoes - 7
Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris Running Shoes - 7
Offered by Runmarkt

4.0 out of 5 stars Good running shoe, 24 Jun. 2013
Really like this shoe, I am a bit of a Mizuno fan has I have spent the last 3 years running with a pair of Wave Rider 13 shoes and I really like them. So now that I am looking to run in a more minimal shoe with more flexibility, ground feel, and without a massive heel/forefoot cushioning drop I got a pair of Cursoris.

Overall the shoes are generally good, the ride is firm as expected, stable and with lots of toe space and flexibility which is what I was after. The shoes are very comfortable and well constructed (as are my Mizuno Wave Riders). The only gripes I would have are related to the shoe lacing and the design of the shoe around the ankle. I think that it doesn't hold my feet firmly and snugerly, as a result I feel that when I lift the foot the shoe falls a bit from my foot, creating a few milimeters gap, that should't be there. Maybe this only happens because the shoe is very slighter larger than it should be, but I ordered the same size (&) as the my other Mizunos, however in terms of shoe length and width they feel exactly the right size or even a bit tight, so it's only around the ankle and upper side of the foot that they feel a bit lose. Maybe the lacing system needs some re-engineering? Could be. Not sure. But would have liked the shoes more if they felt snugger around the ankle and didn't have that gap. In my opinion the best running shoe is the one you forget you are wearing i.e. feel as one with your feet. These shoes are close to that, if it weren't for that gap. Overall a good buy.

iGloo Premium: Soft Velvet Pouch Cover Case for the Nokia Lumia 800 - Blue
iGloo Premium: Soft Velvet Pouch Cover Case for the Nokia Lumia 800 - Blue
Offered by iGloo Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 22 Feb. 2013
It's an ok product but my previous leather pouch was more user friendly. This requires zipping and un zipping the pouch every time you put the phone inside.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3