Profile for Yvonne > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
C'est Ca Blancmange Tea Cosy
C'est Ca Blancmange Tea Cosy

5.0 out of 5 stars Picturesque and practical, 11 May 2013
Very thick so keeps tea nice and warm. Easy to wash - you can throw it in the washing machine (cool wash) and it keeps its shape and dries quickly. Lovely colours and drawings!

The Good Life Good Morning Mug, Fine China
The Good Life Good Morning Mug, Fine China

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful (but wry) start to the day, 11 May 2013
This has become my favourite morning tea mug - pretty and apt. The wide top means that drinks cool quickly but I've solved that inconvenience by adding milk made tepid in a little jug in the microwave ( 50 seconds on defrost setting) rather than straight from the fridge. It holds more liquid than the average mug so it's perfect for the morning brew.

Premier Housewares Cupcake Cake Stand - 12 cm
Premier Housewares Cupcake Cake Stand - 12 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrumptious looking, 11 May 2013
This is so cute - it's too small to be really functional - though I did put some mini chocolate Easter eggs on it - but it makes a very pretty ornament which looks great on a kitchen shelf. Loads of people have exclaimed over it and asked me where I got it from.

WMF Tea Cup Infuser
WMF Tea Cup Infuser

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 11 May 2013
I use this all the time, mostly in teapots, but also in mugs. It's brilliant, because you can take the leaves out when the tea's brewed and avoid 'stewing'. The only thing is that for some fine leafed tea you also need to use a fine mesh strainer when pouring from teapot to cup for aesthetic purposes.
Very sturdy, non rusting, should last a lifetime.

Russell Hobbs 18365 Glass Touch Kettle - Black
Russell Hobbs 18365 Glass Touch Kettle - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 11 May 2013
Every time I look at this kettle I feel a thrill of admiration for how gorgeous it looks (& I've had it for 2 mths now). It's really useful to be able to also use low temperatures - I can now drink coffee immediately without burning my lips, and I can avoid green tea becoming bitter because it's been scalded. The lid has stuck occasionally but I easily resolved the problem by turning the kettle upside-down - the lid opened hey presto!
It is costly - & the price has been going up amazingly - but then it is a Designer kettle. And I've found it reliable & efficient. I'm going to get the matching toaster because they'll look so good together!

Moon Diary 2014
Moon Diary 2014
by Astrocal

4.0 out of 5 stars Love its Colours!, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Moon Diary 2014
I do really like it only I'd prefer it to be a bigger format with a bit more space for writing. It's full of astrologically related information about the position of the planets and phases of the moon and how this could influence us. It's very well described on the site and I don't think anyone could say it wasn't what they expected. The publishers are very efficient. Perhaps they might consider making two sizes - this one is perfect for carrying around, but a bigger desk edition might be a good idea?
However I love the drawings & design of it and the info's very useful.

Kensington Duo Gel Mousepad Wave
Kensington Duo Gel Mousepad Wave

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design, 10 Jan 2013
Very elegant. Big mousepad area with wide,comfy gel wrist rest incorporated. I love the bi-coloured gel waves. It's both practical and fabulous looking.

WMF Profi Plus Tea Strainer
WMF Profi Plus Tea Strainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fine mesh net, 10 Jan 2013
It's surprisingly hard to find very fine mesh strainers and this one doesn't let even the smallest particle through. It's perfect for my use of it; I put leaves & berries in a teapot basket first, this retains the bulk of the tea but not the finer bits. So I then use this strainer before pouring into mugs. It wouldn't hold a lot of leaves as its quite small, but it's ideal for fine straining, which is just what I wanted. It seems made to last a lifetime; the only thing against it is that it won't stay on the cup by itself because the long handle is too heavy, however it isn't hard to hold it for as long as it takes to pour the tea and it looks good (quality) on the tea tidy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2013 1:21 PM BST

Second Nature Pop Up Greeting Card for a 18th Birthday Card
Second Nature Pop Up Greeting Card for a 18th Birthday Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Factor Plus, 10 Jan 2013
My daughter (for whom I bought it) absolutely loved it and now has put it up on her shelf as an ornament.
It pops out of the envelope like a jack-in the box! And stays up by itself in a very stable way.

The Tea Makers of London Tie Guan Yin (Iron Buddha Or Iron Goddess Of Mercy) Oolong Tea 125 g Caddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fragrant!, 22 Nov 2012
I love the way the tightly rolled balls unfurl during steeping. This tea is greener than I would have expected, Oolongs vary a lot in degree of fermentation/oxidisation and the greener they are the fresher the taste is; on the other hand darker tea has a more pronounced flavour.

The container looks fabulous on dispay!

Page: 1 | 2