Profile for hebejeebie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Knog Blinder O Front 4 LED Light - Black
Knog Blinder O Front 4 LED Light - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little bright light!, 25 Jan. 2015
Great little LED front light - I was a little apprehensive about it being so small and also USB rechargeable as thought it might be a little too fiddly. However I was in need for new light since my current one is a little temperamental. Nonetheless I am very pleased with this purchase after having used it for a few weeks now.

It is much brighter than my old light (still fitting in the 'lights to be seen' category), which is fine for me as I am a commuter on well lit roads.
I like the O ring design and think it spreads the light better rather than one narrow beam. The usb function is fine for me actually and fits well into my laptop without obstructing the other USB ports - I can't fully comment on the charge but haven't needed to charge it yet since using it for about 3 hours (although be aware there is no function telling you when it's about to run out).

I think the size of the light and the easy clip attachment makes it really easy to attach on and off, the silicone seems very sturdy but time will tell if it stretches/gets worn out - for now I'm very happy with it and my bike handles are about 2cm wide (I can see larger handlebars struggling with keeping the light fixed in position well). If you want an easily removed light that is small and fits in pockets easily, then I would recommend this. Also I love the minimal packaging and biodegradeable box it came in, very eco friendly!

The Art of Eating Well
The Art of Eating Well
by Melissa Hemsley

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and feedback to me is that it is a great book showcasing lots of healthy recipes but also teaches ..., 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Art of Eating Well (Hardcover)
This book was purchased as a gift for a keen foodie for Christmas - it was extremely well received and feedback to me is that it is a great book showcasing lots of healthy recipes but also teaches and gives you information about the reason behind some of the food choices/changes they advocate. A well laid out and colourful book which is keeping up with the boom in the healthy eating trend.

Kilner Handled Drinking Jar Blue 17.6oz / 500ml | Jam Jar Glass
Kilner Handled Drinking Jar Blue 17.6oz / 500ml | Jam Jar Glass
Offered by SelectiveGoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality drinking jar, 25 Jan. 2015
Lovely drinking jar which was bought as a gift for a smoothie enthusiast - the only thing is that it is a little small (500ml), a slightly bigger version would have been nice. The tinge of colour adds a nice point of interest, well made and sturdy like the traditional Kilner jars.

Quiksilver Mens Generation Backpack EQYBP03013 Black
Quiksilver Mens Generation Backpack EQYBP03013 Black
Offered by Bagable Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly durable rucksacks, 18 Jan. 2015
I bought a quiksilver rucksack some three years ago and it is still going strong, however the base corners have shown some signs of wear due to all the weight it's been bearing, and the padding on the straps has been rather flattened. However since I like the design and simplicity of the bag I have stayed loyal to the brand. And I am extremely pleased to say they have addressed these weaknesses by this version having new padding on the bag and base of the bag which gives it a more rigid shape and should hopefully improve it's wear time even more. I bought the black version which has a rather stark red interior but otherwise it was as expected. Handy simple rucksack to have.

Ampro Pro Speed Rope 9ft
Ampro Pro Speed Rope 9ft
Offered by Ampro Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed rope, 18 Jan. 2015
Great quality skipping/speed rope is you want to use it for fitness. I purchased the 9ft length rope (my height is roughly 5ft8) and it was perfect, though could be adjusted if too long by tying off the ends. Nice and compact rope, easily fits in a gym bag and should last quite long.

Beethoven: The Piano Concertos (Decca Collectors Edition)
Beethoven: The Piano Concertos (Decca Collectors Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Jan. 2015
My favourite recording of the Beethoven concertos, great quality CDs, highly recommended.

2 x Lined & Margin Exercise Books 80 Pages 40 Sheet 230 x 175mm Grey cover EX28
2 x Lined & Margin Exercise Books 80 Pages 40 Sheet 230 x 175mm Grey cover EX28
Offered by First Steps

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality note books, 8 Nov. 2014
I use these exercise books to write quick notes in at university, which are then written up properly so I discard these afterwards in the paper recycle. They are soft back so can be folder in half for carrying around or storing in a pocket. Paper is decent thickness so ink doesn't bleed through, fine with biro too. And they have a decent number of pages so you don't run out so quickly. All in all, good quality exercise books at a fair price I think.

Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug
Pac-Man Paladone Heat Change Mug
Offered by Zoozio Tv

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved the mug on purchase (August 2012) however it cracked ..., 2 Oct. 2014
Absolutely loved the mug on purchase (August 2012) however it cracked rather spectacularly recently so lasted a measly two years (if that) during which it was not used excessively or even dropped at all, it simply cracked on pouring hot water (as I usually would to make tea) into it.

So though the design is rather fun, I would caution whether this reduces the ceramic quality of the mug as I have had far cheaper mugs last a great deal longer. Perhaps a lovely gift?

Orla Kiely yoga mat
Orla Kiely yoga mat

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality mat, proceeds to charty!, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Orla Kiely yoga mat (Misc.)
I am a fan of Orla Kiely, and this yoga mat is a lovely subtle product.

Designed exclusively for Yogamatters to raise money for Action on Addiction, it was a pleasure to buy a product where all the profits go to a charity (although I did buy it when the price was lower than it is currently advertised as).

The mat itself is lovely, it's described as 5.5mm thick and you can definitely feel the benefits of that when using it which I really like. Easy to roll up, sturdy on wooden floors and generally a quality mat. It would probably be slightly more troublesome to travel with than other yoga mats due the thickness which does make it heavier, but mine stays at home so not a problem for me at the moment.

My only gripe is the colour which is a rather unusual pale terracotta almost, in person I would probably describe as closer to a light orange find a little odd - would have preferred it in perhaps a fresh green (in keeping with the leaf pattern) for example, but the design and other qualities of the mat persuaded me nonetheless and I am very pleased with it. Will definitely be an item to last I hope.

Forest Feast Premium Fruit Doypacks Exotic Dried Mango 130 g (Pack of 4)
Forest Feast Premium Fruit Doypacks Exotic Dried Mango 130 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously soft dried mango!, 2 Oct. 2014
One pet hate of mine, why is so much supermarket dried mango shrivelled up and so dry and crispy? When our local Chinese supermarket stopped stocking a lovely brand of Malaysian dried mango which was actually soft enough to bite without cracking your teeth, I looked for alternatives.

Yes these are quite expensive so I just buy them as a treat, but the mango is deliciously sweet but more importantly lovely and soft, making it a joy to eat. Practical packaging with the reusable ziplock top so you don't have to eat them all at once (although I find it hard not to!). Cheaper than if you buy the same brand full price in a supermarket and that's including delivery.

If you are a mango-lover I urge you to try these, they taste amazing!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9