Profile for lynned > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Girls from Corona del Mar
The Girls from Corona del Mar

2.0 out of 5 stars A dull disappointment, 29 May 2016
Not what I was expecting and it was rather boring.

Forbidden (Otherworld Stories series)
Forbidden (Otherworld Stories series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 3 Feb. 2015
Very disappointed with this story. Elena has changed from a feisty,strong, admirable character to a domesticated, dull bore. It's a mistake settling her down and saddling her with children; yet we are still expected to believe she is capable of being Alpha. Her constant soul searching about her ability to be alpha and keep her children safe is totally tedious. Also, Kelly Armstrong falls into the habit of spending a great deal of the novel explaining, explaining and yet more explaining which does not hide the fact the story is thin, unbelievable and cliche ridden rubbish. Based on this offering of her work, I wont be reading any more.

BLO pens (Pack of 5)
BLO pens (Pack of 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete rip off!, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: BLO pens (Pack of 5) (Toy)
I am very disappointed with this product..
It is not worth the cost. If I had seen them in a shop there is no way I would have paid this price for them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 1:40 PM GMT

Isolation (Faithwords)
Isolation (Faithwords)
by Travis Thrasher

1.0 out of 5 stars I found the constant banging on about Christianity tedious and it spoiled the story for me, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Isolation (Faithwords) (Paperback)
I wish it had been made clear this is a religious story in the reviews I had read as I would not have bought it. I found the constant banging on about Christianity tedious and it spoiled the story for me..

The Broken
The Broken

1.0 out of 5 stars Total tripe, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Broken (Kindle Edition)
I had this book on my wish list for a while but didn't want to pay the price quoted on Amazon. fortunately I was able to get it from the library because if I'd paid even £1 for this I would have felt cheated. This novel is so bad I could not bear to read more than 100 pages. It is full of hysterical, ridiculous and unbelievable characters behaving in incomprehensible ways. None of the main characters are sympathetic so it is really difficult to care what happens to them. The plot tries to mix genres but fails to gel them coherently.

The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Book 1)
The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars A dull read, 3 April 2014
This book has an interesting and exciting opening - but for some inexplicable reason the writer jumps from this story into the present and from that point on the novel looses all impact and intensity. I couldn't finish it.

Dirty Secrets (A Karen Rose Novella): (A Karen Rose Novella) (Romantic suspense)

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 4 Jan. 2014
I usually love KAREN ROSES novels but found this really disapointing. There were some really cringe worthy sex scenes and the plot delended on lots of unbelievable coincidences.
I expect a bit of cheese in her novels but this was a cheddar fest!

Love & Inheritance - Box Set: Love & Inheritance Books 1 to 3
Love & Inheritance - Box Set: Love & Inheritance Books 1 to 3

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear!, 4 Dec. 2013
I had high hopes fof this but was very disappointed. The story never seems to get going instead there are endless pages of information and background delivered in uninspired prose. The characters ard dull and unsympathetic. I'm glad I did not pay full price for this as it was too tedious to finish.

The Bone Season
The Bone Season

1.0 out of 5 stars glad it only cost 99p, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Bone Season (Kindle Edition)
It takes more than lots of silly made up names to create a believable and gripping world. seriously tedious drivel!

An Englishwoman in New York
An Englishwoman in New York

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 15 Nov. 2013
I really didn't enjoy this book as it did not flow but jumped about from character to character . IT wasn' t funny just very, very dull.

Page: 1 | 2