Profile for H. Haynes > Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun. 2016
Excellent!

Netatmo Welcome, NSC01-EU Continental Reference No UK Plug Included
Netatmo Welcome, NSC01-EU Continental Reference No UK Plug Included
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Faulty unit, 24 July 2015
I previously wrote a bad review as the first unit I had was faulty, but the excellent team at Netatmo helped me sort the issue out and I am a lot happier with the product now. One of the issues I still have is that reception of my wifi signal seems weak, and unless the unit is in clear view of the router it won't pick it up....so placement of the camera remains an issue. This is strange because I have a strong signal around my house, but I guess it is just something I get used to. If the camera is near the router it works perfectly....the issue I have is that if I place it by my front door - where I want it - it won't pick up the signal and remains disconnected. Other than that, it's a great product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2015 5:18 PM BST

Soiled Doves: Prostitution in the Early West (Women of the West)
Soiled Doves: Prostitution in the Early West (Women of the West)
by Anne Seagraves

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow and bland, 16 July 2014
A really interesting subject, but it was so badly written that it barely skimmed the surface of the subject. The author's inability to tackle this head-on in an adult way, and just refer to the girls as 'soiled' made it feel that it was written for 10 year olds. Interesting, but I felt it was all very bland and formulaic.

Solo: A James Bond Novel
Solo: A James Bond Novel

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, but....., 16 July 2014
Started well, but soon became more of a novel about a fictitious countries politics than a James Bond novel. Frankly, I lost the will to live as I couldn't care less about the warring factions in an African state that doesn't exist. I thought it took itself a bit too seriously and I could have done with more Bond action. Bond should be hunting down bad guys and not trying to stop wars in Africa!

Garmin nuvi 3598LMT-D 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Digital Traffic Alerts, Bluetooth with Magnetic Mount (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but traffic is rubbish, 10 July 2014
The design is fantastic sand there are amazing features....but, the traffic simply doesn't do its job. Last night it directed me into Farnham during rush hour when there were perfectly good routes that would have avoided it. It's a shame, because I ditched my TomTom because of the lack of features...and ended up putting it back on the dashboard to get me home.
In summary, looks great but in terms of routing through traffic is completely useless

The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [Blu-ray]
The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ James Corden
Offered by rsdvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, but went off the rails, 29 May 2014
The series started brilliantly, but soon became overly complex and contrived. Although it is enjoyable, the last couple of episodes dragged because they became more and more far fetched, and towards the end I found myself wanting to skip sections just to end it all! A great shame, as it was a fantastic start.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9
Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 3 Aug. 2009
The software simply works! I am delighted as I have tried numerous other packages over the last 6 months, all of which failed dismally. My problem was that I have a Sony HD camera and most packages fail to recognise the format. Those that did were slow, unwealdy and generally crash! However I bought Movie Studio on the basis of positive reviews, and I can honestly say it is both easy to use and powerful. Most of the features are intuitive, and although it was quite expensive, I think it was worth every penny. I have now transferred my new 'HD' movies to 'bluray' and it works brilliantly.

Quo Vadis [Blu-ray] [1951] [Region Free]
Quo Vadis [Blu-ray] [1951] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Robert Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Pan and Scan?, 5 Feb. 2009
I must admit I am hugely disapointed with this blue ray title because it seems to have been simply recorded from a pan and scan TV recording! Why not widescreen? Yes, the film is fantastic, but the thousands of extras just look like smarties when crushed between the two black bars in the centre of my TV. I understand another version is coming out later in the year - I think there should be warnings all over this to encourage people to wait, or buy a £1.99 version of the VHS until a better one arrives.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 3:43 AM GMT