Profile for M. Bilsland > Reviews

Insane Ghost Pepper Peanuts - Hot as Hell Seasoned Peanuts 80g
Insane Ghost Pepper Peanuts - Hot as Hell Seasoned Peanuts 80g
Offered by UK Chilli Seeds / Chilli Wizards

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely hot but very nice, 7 Jan. 2015
I do like hot and spicy foods and these ticked both of those boxes. Manly the hot box as these are like the packaging says: extremely hot. Did think I was sweating a little after the 1st peanut, after the second one it felt like my mouth was on fire.
Saying that the peanuts themselves are very nice if you can stand the heat. If not then keep something cold on standby nearby, milk springs to mind

Derek - Series 1 [DVD]
Derek - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Derek in my opinion is one of the best TV programmes to have ever been made in my opinion. I genuinely believe you would need to have a heart of stone not to be touched by any of the episodes in this series. I am not ashamed to admit that I cried my heart out when I watched the final episode of this series for the 1st time, and I still do it every single time I watch it. Ricky Gervais has done this series perfectly and if I ever get the chance to meet him in person, I am going to shake his hand and thank him from the bottom of my heart for creating Derek
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 10:03 PM BST

QPAD QH-90 Pro Gaming Headset with Closed Ear Cups - White
QPAD QH-90 Pro Gaming Headset with Closed Ear Cups - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Sept. 2013
A very comfortable, very well priced headset. I forget that I am wearing mine when I get immersed in a game and that is a good thing. The sound quality is also fantastic when you are listening to music or watching a movie or even just random videos on youtube. The closed cup design is perfect for blocking out excess noises, I've lost count the amount of times my phone has been ringing and I haven't noticed it due to wearing the headset.
I'm seriously wondering why I didn't buy one of these sooner.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC DVD)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC DVD)
Offered by Clickforgamesltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Well Thought Out, Well Polished Game, 29 Dec. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Video games about superheroes in recent years, have always seemed to be a bit on the crap side. Thankfully this isn't the case with Batman: Arkham Asylum. It is one of the best games that I have played in 2009. Quick run through of the plot: The Joker has taken over the Asylum, and he has let some of Batman's most dangerous foes free in the process. So it's your job, as the Dark Knight to stop the Joker and whatever other plans he has got up his sleeve.
This game has been very well thought out, and a bit of thinking goes a long way in this game. If you plan to go charging into every room, you aren't going to get very far. You've got to take your time, pick your spots as you pick off Joker's henchmen. While it sounds boring, it is actually pretty liberating in a sense. Rather than having to attack everyone head on, this gives you a chance to decide your next move. And take someone down without their friends even noticing. But that doesn't mean there isn't some hand to hand combat in the game. There is a bit of that. It's mostly clicking your mouse, but it is a great feeling when you see Batman swiftly move from one combo to the next.
Aside from dealing with the usual run of the mill enemies, Batman will have some big battles ahead of him, against some of his enemies: Bane, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy to name a few. And of them have been given a new look for the game, but they are still instantly recognisable. But unfortunately, a few of them dont appear in the game. You will hear the Riddler, and try and solve the riddles he gives you, but you wont ever see him. There will be times in the game where you see an item that belongs to a Batman enemy that doesn't appear as an enemy in the game: a poster saying "Vote Harvey Dent" inside a cell for example.
If you are a fan of Batman, you will love this game. This game lets you get as near as you can be to becoming the Dark Knight without putting on a Batman costume. Only difference is in the game, you do get a few gadgets to fiddle around with.

Feel The Steel
Feel The Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album and Very Funny, 24 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Feel The Steel (Audio CD)
I first heard about Steel Panther a few months back. But never listened to any of their songs. A couple of days ago, I decided to listen to one of their songs, and now curse myself for not listening to them when I first heard of them. They are a brilliant band to listen to, and the lyrics are very funny. This isn't a band to be taken seriously, they are all about fun. After I finished listening to their album for the 1st time, I went and listened to it again straight away. I loved every single second of listening to Steel Panther. The first song on the album: Death To All But Metal, lets you know what sort of trip you are going to go on during the listening to this album. Each song is a gem in it's own right. So that makes it hard to pick out one song that stands out in this album as my favourite. The tongues are firmly lodged in the cheeks in each of the songs. This is one of those albums that you will either love from the moment you hear it, or hate it.

The Conduit (Wii)
The Conduit (Wii)
Offered by konsolenkost

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives Up To The Hype? Yes & No, 11 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Conduit (Wii) (Video Game)
The Conduit finally arrives on the Wii, and it is a fine looking game. You play Michael Ford, who has the joy of finding himself in the front line of an alien invasion. Cue a reason to go about and killing everything - great fun. The enemies in the single player mode are annoying, but in a good way. They flank, retreat and move forward depending on how you react. Rather than just stand about in the same place waiting to shoot you. Or you to to shoot them as the case maybe.
Online is where this came does come alive. 12 players battles and a number of modes to choose from, and the inclusion of the Wii Speak as well, which is a nice touch to this game. This lets you chat to your friends, and if your playing a Team Game, you can talk tactics with each other. The system for adding friends in this game puts any other games that were released before this to shame. So long as they are in your Wii's Friend List, you can add them straight to the game.
There is a few niggles with this game. Most of the rooms you will go into do look the same. But then again, when are you going to stop in the middle of a fight in the middle of a FPS and go: you know what? this room seems familiar. And a few times I have joined a match that is happening online, I have gotten a black screen, and I had to restart my Wii. But other than that, this is a good FPS game for the Wii.

Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii)
Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn the volume up to max!, 30 Dec. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I loved Guitar Hero 3, so naturally World Tour was the next step for me. Even if you have played Guitar Hero 3, I would suggest sitting through the Tutorial, so you can get to grips with some of the new features in the game. The game improves on every single aspect of Guitar Hero 3. If the first installment of the Guitar Hero series set the bar on the Wii, then World Tour just went and set it even higher.
You can choose which part of the band you want to play, wether you want to be the drummer, sing your heart out, play some bass or my personal favourite, play some solos as the guitarist. World Tour mode allows you to play through it on your own or if you got some friends round, play through it as a fully fledged band.
The online mode is one area where the game shines out. You just choose what settings you want, and start searching. You can play against someone, or join up with people around the world and rock out to the list of songs you got to choose from. You can play songs you have downloaded, but only if all the parties in question have the song.
I would suggest getting a SD Card if you wish to download songs. The songs will eat up your Wii's memory like nobody's business. But so long as you have a SD Card, you can put the songs there, and you can still play them without having to move or delete files. There isn't much to choose from at the time i wrote this, but hopefully there will be more in the future.
Overall, if you lked any of the previous installments of Guitar Hero, then you will love this.

Silver Spoons & Broken Bones
Silver Spoons & Broken Bones

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the Darkness. The Stone Gods rule, 7 July 2008
Forget about Justin Hawkins, in fact forget about the Darkness. The Stone Gods blew me away and this is just their first album. If you have ever wanted to see a Phoenix rise out of the ashes, this album is the next best thing. Cause thats what this album feels like. The whole album is just brilliant, and it is very hard to pick a track which stands out, as they are all very good. If you were a fan of the Darkness, I would suggest buying this album. I was, and after listening to this album, I honestly believe these guys deserve every bit of success they get.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Offered by Oligopoly Charity

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Brawling, 4 July 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendo have done it again, after the brilliant Super Smash Bros. Melee, I wondered how they were going to top that. And in Brawl, Nintendo topped it with ease. With over 25 characters to choose from, some old and some new. You are spoilt for choice as to what character to go for. There is a very good single player mode, with the Classic Mode making a return. You play against different characters, and the last battle is against a returning enemy: the Master Hand.
The Subspace Emmisary is a nice addition to the game. There is a good storyline that unfolds as you work your way through it. I wont say what the storyline is like, but there was one moment in the storyline that I didn't see coming.
Brawl really comes into it's own in the Brawl mode. Up to four players battling at once = sheer madness, and fun at the same time. You can also go wi-fi with Brawl and fight against other people in the world. But it does feel a little unfinished in places, but when you see how much is in this game, it is easily forgivable.
If you are not in the mood for battling, you can go into the Spectator Mode, and place bets as to who you think will win the battle you are watching. I always seem to bet on the guy that is going to lose the match, so hopefully you'll have better luck than me.
One addition I like is the option to save battles, and take snapshots. You can save them to your Wii or SD Card, and then watch your best moments all over again.
There is a lot to this game, and I am really just scratching the surface as to what this game has to offer. And that is why I'm not wanting to say too much about the game. Otherwise it may spoil some of the things that I haven't mentioned the game has to offer

Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Offered by Tracymuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Every Minute, 22 April 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game has had me hooked from the word go. I cant get enough of it, it's a great game to play. And it also offers a new way to play the game via the Wii Wheel. I know a few people dont use the Wii Wheel, but I do. The way I see it is; anyone who doesn't use the Wii Wheel, it missing out on a truly unique experience when it comes to Mario Kart.
The amount of racers has been increased from 8 to 12, and there are unlockable characters to be found as well. The items make a welcome return. Some old like the Green Shell, some new like the Mega Mushroom which turns your racer into a giant for a limited amount of time. There are 16 new courses to race around, Rainbow Road makes a welcome return, but then it wouldn't feel like Mario Kart if there wasn't a Rainbow Road. And 16 Retro courses from previous Mario Kart games. My old favourite DK's Mountain makes a welcome return.
A few people were unsure about Nintendo adding bikes to the mix, but I can safely say they have nothing to fear. The bikes offer a chance to try something different, and since I started using the bikes, I always end up going for the bike. A bike can do a wheelie, which lets you go a bit faster, and you cant do that on a kart. But that isn't the reason I go for the bike. There is just something about the bike that I like.
Multiplayer is where this game comes into it's own, especially over wi-fi. There is no better feeling than coming 1st in a 12 person race, especially when it's on Rainbow Road, the hardest course in the game. Battle mode also returns, and like the courses, you got some new arenas and some Retro. Battles over wi-fi is done in teams, so you may find yourself in a 5 vs 6 battle at one point. But even then, if you get a good team, you may find that you win even when your outnumbered. During one battle, I was partnered with someone else, and we were against a team of 4 in a Balloon Battle. We beat the team of 4 easily with a score of 13 - 6.
Now and again Nintendo will run competitions on Mario Kart Wii, these can be anything from getting a good time on a course, or collecting coins. And that does add to the lifespan as you try and beat other racers from around the world.
This game will keep you hooked for months to come.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3