Profile for educate_yourself > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Christmas Wedding
The Christmas Wedding

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Jan 2012
I'm afraid this book did not live up to expectations. Having read numerous James Patterson thrillers, I was hugely anticipating something exciting to occur throughout the novel, and kinda realised when I'd read three quarters of the book that the chances of this were getting slimmer and slimmer. The bride -Gaby is re-marrying following the death of her husband three years ago, though she has received proposals from three different guys, so the mystery is which of these guys she has chosen to marry. The guys are all however very nice and perfect suitors and do not have any flaws, thus it is irelevant to the reader as to whom she does choose to marry as she's guaranteed a happy ending whoever she chooses. The novel contains a happy start, middle and finish and not much suspense. I don't think it is worth the £14.99 list price for the hardback.

Silver B2090-CZ 18cm Cubic Zirconia Cross Bracelet
Silver B2090-CZ 18cm Cubic Zirconia Cross Bracelet

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality & Flimsy, 20 July 2009
I was hugely disspaointed when this arrived to find that the quality was not as per the photograph. I purchased this as a gift, though am embarrased at the prospect of presenting anyone with this bracelet as it looks as though it has come from a Christmas cracker. I will be returning mine. It is a shame because the photograph on the Amazon site is beautiful.

Steve Madden Women's Madalynn Heel
Steve Madden Women's Madalynn Heel

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes, 19 Jun 2009
Wow, these are georgeous! They are leather lined, comfortable and look great on! I can't wait to show them off this weekend!

Alpha-H Balancing Moisturiser and Gentle Exfoliant 50ml
Alpha-H Balancing Moisturiser and Gentle Exfoliant 50ml
Offered by House of Dreams

4.0 out of 5 stars This has to be the best moisturiser I have ever used, 18 May 2009
This moisturiser is light, non-greasy and works wonders for my face. I have tried Clarins, Origins, Body Shop, Clinique, Simple, Cocoa Butter, boots, nivea, clearasil etc etc but nothing even comes close. Teamed up with the facial scrub my face is flawless.

My only grumbles are the scarcity of this product and the price. Though admitedly one tube lasts around two months as you only need a tiny amount to cover the face.

Anolon Bakeware Square Cake Tin, 9 Inch
Anolon Bakeware Square Cake Tin, 9 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes perfect cakes, 14 May 2009
This tray is sturdy, easy to wash and makes perfectly formed cakes. It is simple to remove the cake from the tray without dismantling it and sold at a very competitve price by Amazon.

Bio-Synergy Whey Better Banana--750g
Bio-Synergy Whey Better Banana--750g

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good!, 14 May 2009
After trying other more expensive shakes and having to force feed them down and swallow huge lumps, I was presently surprised to find that this one actually had a plesant flavour and mixed well, without lumps.

MaxiMuscle Promax Lean 1200 g Strawberry Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder  (packaging may vary)
MaxiMuscle Promax Lean 1200 g Strawberry Weight Loss and Definition Shake Powder (packaging may vary)
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes bad!, 5 May 2009
This shakes tastes real bad. Also it is almost impossible to make without consuming a significant amount of lumps, even in the Maximuscle shaker. I guess you could get around this by using a blender, though not sure how pratical that would be. You really have to force feed yourself. I have not noticed any changes whilst using this alongside exercise and a strict diet. Though I would like to give it another go, as I have read impressive reviews on the maximuscle website. I will try the Vanilla formula next time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2009 11:25 AM BST

MaxiMuscle Thermobol Weight Loss and Definition Formula Tablets - Tub of 90
MaxiMuscle Thermobol Weight Loss and Definition Formula Tablets - Tub of 90
Offered by Boost & Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 5 May 2009
I have been using this for a week now and am very impressed indeed. It supresses the appetite as well as making you thirsty, thus drinking water is not such a chore. I have not had any significant side effects except the tingling of the tongue just after I take it. Also, if you do not drink enough water you will feel a very slight burning sensation in the stomach imediately after, though this is not extensive enough to cause discomfort or concern. I have not had any problems sleeping as per other reviwers. I have not used the scales, though have been told I have lost weight by almost everyone I have been in contact with over the past couple of days. I have now purchased my second batch, as summer is now here! However, I would like to know how long it is safe to use this product for.

Vidal Sassoon Hot Tools 1.5" Styling Tong VS113UK- White
Vidal Sassoon Hot Tools 1.5" Styling Tong VS113UK- White

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice ringlets, 22 April 2009
This tong is great for producing ringlets. My hair is just past my shoulder and it works wonders. I can tong my full head of hair in around 10 minutes. It is also great for flicking the hair upwards. Unlike the other reviews this has been a very good product for me and I have very thick hair. I have used it three times now and have been bombarded with comments each time.

Three Can Play That Game [DVD] [2008]
Three Can Play That Game [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Vivica A. Fox
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 5 Feb 2009
I must say I enjoyed this film. It's definately one for the ladies. Vivica's performance wasn't great, though the movie will keep your attention and give you a few chuckles.

Page: 1 | 2