Profile for R. Fry > Reviews

Martyrs
Martyrs
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Violence and gore in a boring kinda way., 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Martyrs (Amazon Instant Video)
Too much emphasis on shocking it's audience and not enough on dialogue and plot. The idea is good but I think it is too far fetched to be really scary or shocking.

The Office - Complete Series One & Two [2001] [DVD]
The Office - Complete Series One & Two [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais
Offered by Shop4World

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sitcom, 20 Mar. 2014
The Office is a good sitcom but unlike Fawlty Towers or Satellite City, it doesn't have me watching over and over.

OPTIMUM Adult Warm Up Lycra Shorts, Navy, M
OPTIMUM Adult Warm Up Lycra Shorts, Navy, M
Offered by Ampro Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and tight., 20 Mar. 2014
I love the quality of these shorts and they are nice and tight giving excellent support. I have great leg workouts with these on.

Tefal Rk302e15 8-in-1 Cooker - Slow Cooker, Steamer, Rice Cooker, Porridge Maker (2012 Model)

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange timer function, 7 Nov. 2013
I bought this to steam some fish and sweet potatoes on the delayed start function so that my lunch was ready when I get home.
The delayed start only works to the nearest hour which is inconvenient as I have to set it precisely 5 hours before I need it cooked. However, for some reason my food is cooked before the expected time. I haven't worked out why yet. According to the manual you have to set the delayed start to finish when you want to eat, for example, I need it cooked by 1.30pm, the steam function has a default of 30mins (which cannot be changed), so I have to set the 5 hour timer at 8.30am to have the stuff cooked by 1.30pm. However, when I get home at 1.10pm (20 mins early) the food is well cooked if not slightly overdone. This doesn't make sense as according to the manual it will only have had 10mins cooking time!
I am going to try using it on the weekend and watch exactly is going on with it to try and solve the mystery.

The only plus point is that it is easy to clean unlike ordinary steamers.

Also, I hope that one day someone will make a steamer that doesn't leak steam into the room but condenses it back into water instead.

James & Nicholson Men's Running Short Tights JN436 - Black, M
James & Nicholson Men's Running Short Tights JN436 - Black, M

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as tight as expected., 9 Aug. 2012
Great shorts but I would have ordered a smaller size if I had known. Have to wear tighter under shorts to stop my package from swinging around. Still, they look good anyway.

Kitty Hydrofloss Waterjet Dental Irrigator
Kitty Hydrofloss Waterjet Dental Irrigator
Offered by Shavers UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not perfect., 4 Jun. 2012
Does a great job of cleaning my teeth. I used to get a horrible taste in my mouth throughout the day but since this gadget it has gone.
The only fault I've found is that when using the fine nozzle on high pressure the nozzle head comes off.

Compact Steamer with Herb Infusion 9L (VTP030)
Compact Steamer with Herb Infusion 9L (VTP030)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 4 Jun. 2012
Bought one of these from mmnshop73 here on Amazon. The thing broke in a few weeks and couldn't get a refund. mmnshop73 are liars.
The steamer is flimsy, the beeper is almost inaudible and the display broke in weeks.
Bought a cheap £10 or £15 one from Tesco a couple of years ago and it still works.

Russell Hobbs 14127 Stainless Steel Digital Steamer
Russell Hobbs 14127 Stainless Steel Digital Steamer

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long, 4 Jun. 2012
Wouldn't buy another as it broke not long after I bought it and Wilkinsons sell a better one for £20.

Peak Body PRO 50 - 21 bars - Chocolate Orange
Peak Body PRO 50 - 21 bars - Chocolate Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Delicious but contain Aspartame., 11 Dec. 2011
These are very nice tasting bars but contain Aspartame, which is the most poisonous of artificial sweeteners. I feel sick now having eaten loads of these before I found out.

VERMATIK ALUMINIUM ELECTRIC FLY KILLER BUG ZAPPER 20 WATTS
VERMATIK ALUMINIUM ELECTRIC FLY KILLER BUG ZAPPER 20 WATTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if it will do the job., 17 Oct. 2011
Since I've started using the fly 'killer' there have been few flies around to test it, however, the 2 flies that I have seen fly into the 'killer' have not been killed. They do get trapped though and one even got buzzed, I thought it was dead but the next day when I moved the 'killer', it came back to life!
I hope next summer, that I have more success.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 6:37 PM GMT