Profile for CJ Hakes > Reviews

Content by CJ Hakes

CJ Hakes (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News?
Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News?
by Philip Yancey

5.0 out of 5 stars I like all of Philip Yancey's books, 31 Dec. 2015
This is one of those books that almost has "life-changing" qualities. Of course, I like all of Philip Yancey's books, but this one is so relevant to our everyday situations that it really hits home. I liked it so much I ordered a copy for our vicar!

Acer Aspire E3-112 11.6-inch Notebook (Blue) - (Intel Celeron N2840 2.16GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not the fastest PC but it's lightweight to carry and it's good enough. I take it everywhere and it's much ..., 31 Dec. 2015
My little workhorse. It's not the fastest PC but it's lightweight to carry and it's good enough. I take it everywhere and it's much handier than a tablet, especially when I use a large PC at home and need to transfer things to this laptop notebook. I've found that transferring between a PC and Android tablet is not always satisfactory, so this --- being a Windows-based system -- is much more reliable and a good choice.

Prym Jumbo Base Model Click Box
Prym Jumbo Base Model Click Box
Offered by Knitandsew

5.0 out of 5 stars I really do love this item, 31 Dec. 2015
I really do love this item. I ordered the base set plus one supplement tray. My only criticism is that the latches tend to break easily. I've broken one but it still closes.... just have to be very careful when transporting it. When I'm not transporting it, I use it for my sewing supplies in my studio and the broken latch isn't so critical there. I think Prym could come up with a better design, but I've had the same problem with other similar products, like Artbin, etc.

Ladies Vintage Style Cloche 100% Wool Flower Detail Pull On Winter Warm Hat (Black)
Offered by Blue Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the look of this hat but it fits a ..., 31 Dec. 2015
Love the look of this hat but it fits a bit small. I don't have a very large head and have never had a problem with any other hat, so I don't think it's me that has the odd-size head. Even so, I do wear it as I think it's attractive, even if it is a tight fit.

The Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt: Inspiring Letters from Farm Women of the Great Depression and 99 Quilt Blocks That Honor Them
by Laurie Aaron Hird

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I have it and will use it again, 31 Dec. 2015
Fascinating to read. I've tried only one of the blocks but it turned out to be a disaster.... too far out of my skill range, but I think some of the others look much easier. I'm glad I have it and will use it again. The templates and the CD are very good.

OttLite 26300C-EURP LED Task Lamp, White
OttLite 26300C-EURP LED Task Lamp, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., 31 Dec. 2015
I had originally wanted (and received as a present) a different brand, but we sent that back (poor design as it kept turning itself on when handled). This one has more light and is much easier to use.I would give it five stars if it just were a little taller or if it were extendable to make it taller. I'll just have to put it UP on something to give a wider light display. It's very lightweight so will be easy to take along to my craft get-togethers.

Cold Comfort Farm (Penguin Classics)
Cold Comfort Farm (Penguin Classics)
by Stella Gibbons

3.0 out of 5 stars Just silly. I had to order it for our ..., 31 Dec. 2015
Just silly. I had to order it for our book club selection. Parts of it were humorous but I never really laughed out loud. It's a fast read, once you get sorted on all the characters, but there is really no plot to it. Not sure why it's considered a classic.

Taken Samsung Galaxy S6 screen protector - Tempered Glass - High Definition - Ultra Clear
Offered by Taken UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the BEST screen protector I've ever used, 31 Dec. 2015
This is the BEST screen protector I've ever used. Most of them have been so difficult to apply smoothly, without bubbles. This one is a little heavier and just went right on without a single bubble. I don't know how they did it, but it's great!

Liying® Versatile Soft Premium Leather Wallets Credit Card Holder ID Business Case Purse(Unisex) for all (Rose)
Offered by Liyinguk

2.0 out of 5 stars It looks good and the cards fit, 31 Dec. 2015
I needed something to just hold all the "loyalty" and membership cards I have, rather than stuff them into my wallet. It looks good and the cards fit, but the individual sleeves tear quite easily so you just have to be careful. I can predict that in a few months, I'll have lots of clear cello tape on most of them.

Bluedio T2+ (Turbine 2 Plus) Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones Micro SD Card/FM Radio Bluetooth 4.1 Headset On-Ear Headphones (Black)
Offered by Bluedio

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit (actually a LOT) fiddly, 31 Dec. 2015
I bought this headset as a gift for my husband. He wanted to listen to the radio while he gardens and doesn't want wires to tangle up. The sound is fine, once it's tuned, but it's really fiddly to get tuned. The volume and the channel scan are the same button, so it takes awhile to get the right function! We haven't tried the SD card, just the radio as that's all he wanted it for, but it does seem to pick up a decent number of channels. I just wish the controls were a little better designed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8