Profile for M. Rayner > Reviews

Content by M. Rayner

M. Rayner (United Kingdom)

A Fine Romance: Falling in Love with the English Countryside
A Fine Romance: Falling in Love with the English Countryside
by Susan Branch
Price: 15.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight from beginning to end, 15 Jan 2014
As a follower of Susan's Blog, and having followed her trip here in the UK via that blog I could hardly wait to get my hands on this amazing book. It is a treasure and a wonder. All of the artwork and writing are just delightful. It weaves a spell. Even my husband read it and was mesmerized. Part of the appeal is Susan's enthusastic approach to all things British and even having lived here in the UK and seen most of these places myself it is so refreshing to see them again through her eyes. It takes me back to the way I felt when I first moved over here from North America fourteen years ago. I highly recommend this book to anyone!! It is my favourite of all her books, and that is saying a lot, because they are each one pretty fabulous in their own right.

Kandle by Ozeri II in Black -- Designed for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect addition to my Kindle Reader, 23 Oct 2013
I received one of these about a month ago and have been using it with great success since It clips on very easily and is very non-instrusive. Unlike the reading light I have been using previous to this, it needs no adjustment. It just pops up and turns on at the push of a button. I love that there are two strengths of light given. It's very easy to use and does a fabulous job! I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great and affordable night time light for their electronic reader!

The 26 cm Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating from Germany (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Pan, 2 Sep 2013
I have been using this pan and putting it through it's paces for about a month now and have only great things to say about it's performance. It's performed very well when cooking, giving me reliable results each time I have used it. Non stick performance is spot on, with nothing sticking at all and very little to no fat needed when frying. Easy to clean after use. Not overly heavy, so quite easy on my arthritic wrists, and yet it performs as well as any heavier pan in my collection. Heats up quickly and evenly. And it's attractive to boot! If you are looking for a great performing, non-stick all rounder, this is YOUR pan! I highly recommend.

Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, in Elegant Black
Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, in Elegant Black
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable and Easy to Use, 15 April 2013
These scales are not only very affordable but work as well as my pricier set of Digital Scales. Why pay more when you don't need to. They are easy to use and easy to store. I have been using them for several weeks now and they have performed very well. I love that they came with an extra bonus . . . not only the two batteries as promised, but an extra set, so 4 altogether. Batteries are easy to put in and to remove. I love that it turns itself off automatically after two minutes. It does all that it says it will do. Easy to view. Easy to convert between the weights. Easy to clean. All told good value for money spent. If you are looking for a good little scale at a great price, you can't go wrong with this one.

A Slice of Cherry Pie
A Slice of Cherry Pie
by Julia Parsons
Price: 15.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for the Soul, Eyes and Tummy!, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: A Slice of Cherry Pie (Hardcover)
I have long been a fan of Julia's blog, "A Slice of Cherry Pie." It was one of the first food blogs that I discovered on the www and I was hooked at first byte (every pun intended!). I was excited when I found out she was writing a cookery book and even more excited when I found out it had been picked up by a publisher. I could hardly wait to get my hands on it. I received my copy about a week ago and I just have to say that all the weeks and months of anticipation were worth the wait. This is a beautiful book. Food for the soul and eyes as well as the tum tum. Beautifully written. Beautifully presented and chock full of lovely, doable recipes. I love that it reads almost like a journal and I adore the pictures and little snippets of Julia's blog scattered throughout. One feels almost like they have been a glimpse of something at once secretative and very, very special. This is a fabulous book. All I can say is . . . move over Nigel Slater, there's a new kid in town! If this isn't on your Christmas list, it should be. If you only buy yourself one cookbook this year, I highly recommend this one!

Joy of Cooking
Joy of Cooking
by Irma Starkhoff Rombauer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: Joy of Cooking (Hardcover)
I was very disappointed when I received this book. I had thought I was going to get a normal sized cookery book with recipes in it. Instead I got a joke. What a waste of money.