Profile for Sophie > Reviews

Content by Sophie

Sophie "Sophie" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Childrens Childs Kids Boys Girls Boilersuit Overalls Coverall Boiler Suit (9-10 Years (30" Chest), Navy Blue)
Offered by Waterproofs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and quality, 14 Jan. 2016
Great value. Lasting much better than predecessor (bought elsewhere) which fell apart in a couple of months. Sons have to wear boiler suits at school break times to protect uniform. This does the job well. Note: my son is slim built, so might be too narrow for a more solidly built child.

Star Wars PEZ x4 (1 of each) (R2D2, Yoda, Darth Vader & Storm Trooper) - With PEZ Refills
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stocking fillers., 14 Jan. 2016
Small boys happy with Star Wars stocking fillers. Two spare in my cupboard for friends or next Christmas.

Childs Multicoloured Magic Gloves Set of 4. Available in Royal Blue, Black, Navy and Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Stocking fillers, 14 Jan. 2016
Stocking fillers for kids and spares for when they get lost, at a reasonable price.

Schildkröt Fun Sports Ogo Sport Set (Pack of 2) - Multicoloured
Schildkröt Fun Sports Ogo Sport Set (Pack of 2) - Multicoloured

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun present, 14 Jan. 2016
Bought as a birthday present for my niece. Many happy hours of fun have been had. The 'koosh' ball that it comes with is soft enough they were able to play inside over the horrid rainy weeks recently, without having to worry about damaging things.

CLASSIC BIKE BELL BICYCLE ROUND NOVELTY ALARM METAL HANDLEBAR SOUND PING GIFT (UNION JACK)
Offered by BARGAINS-GALORE

5.0 out of 5 stars cool bell, 14 Jan. 2016
Bought as a stocking filler for my son. He loves it.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband
Price: £89.26 - £224.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss, 14 Jan. 2016
Bought this last June, when they were quite a bit more expensive than they are now, after a lot of careful consideration of the options. I am a some times cyclist, regular dog walker and occasional runner who has a full time desk job and am conscious of increasing idleness, so was wanting to see just how lazy I had really got. I also reckoned I was pretty insomniac and wanted to prove to myself that I was just imagining this and my sleep is not that bad really.

To start with, this activity monitor was great, I was very happy with it, and it motivated me to make more effort to walk further, get my steps done, and I liked seeing how much time I actually spent with my HR elevated above resting level. I also quickly 'proved' to myself that I really do sleep badly and was waking 7 or more times a night, often for extended periods.

However, after about 3 months, I found that my commute to work by car was apparently the same as walking some 2.5k steps and climbing 40 flights of stairs. The stair climb is the part which is most inaccurate. The monitor often tells me I have climbed 10 flights before I have even got out of bed. Once you start seeing inaccuracies like this, you start to doubt the overall accuracy of any of the data generated.

My son is desperate for an activity monitor, so I will probably give it to him and have a rethink about what would work for me.

Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Offered by Distribution 365E

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, as long as you don't want more than a year's service!, 4 July 2015
I am in the process of returning my third one of these, admitting defeat and getting a refund. To start with, each one has been brilliant for just shy of a year, but then they stop producing steam and give up and die. We have tried changing the filter cartridge, and have only ever used softened water, to avoid scaling, to no avail.

The Unorthodox Arrival of Pumpkin Allan (The Pumpkin Allan Series Book 1)
The Unorthodox Arrival of Pumpkin Allan (The Pumpkin Allan Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak plot and too many errors (Spoilers contained to give examples), 22 May 2015
I struggled to finish this book. I am sure many would think it humorous, but I found it ridiculous beyond the point of suspending disbelief for comedy purposes. It is packed full of stereotypical characters, the timelines in the story simply don't make sense with the real world, and it is full of incorrect spellings (e.g. road/rode, complimentary/complementary and many others). Taking the opening section: the protagonist and her partner buy a house in Buckinghamshire (where people apparently have West Country accents?!), fail to notice on viewing that there is no electricity downstairs, nor is this picked up on their survey, the previous owners take the front door with them, but this is not considered a breach of contract. Then somehow, they are able to find tradespeople who are able to fully rewire, fit and refurbish the house within roughly a month of moving in. Parents who keep handing them large sums of cash (£40k type sums). Lois is 31 weeks pregnant at the beginning of the book, and has the baby at 38 weeks, at her wedding, having not even been proposed to at the start of the book, but somehow manages to arrange the whole thing in parallel with moving house. The neighbours all have some sort of supposedely quirky characteristic, e.g the morbidly obese neighbour who miraculously loses all her weight during this same timeframe, on the orders of a 16 year old neighbour; the drug dealer who hides his stash in people's sheds; the post-stroke gentleman who can only utter one phrase (which of course has containing swearing for 'comedy' value).
I really wouldn't waste your time.

Samsung S-View Case Cover for Galaxy S5 - Topaz Blue
Samsung S-View Case Cover for Galaxy S5 - Topaz Blue
Offered by Coque2mobile

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, 25 Mar. 2015
Great item, fits beautifully. Protects my phone. Looks smart. And a very good price too compared to buying in a shop - even the assistant had to admit that he couldn't justify their price when I showed him how much cheaper it was to buy online.

Skylanders Trap Team: Triple Trap Pack - Fire, Kaos, Tech (Xbox One/PS3/PC DVD/Nintendo Wii/Wii U)
Offered by Marczko

1.0 out of 5 stars Shop around before you buy, 23 Mar. 2015
Trying again to get a review that Amazon will not edit and remove the bulk of, given that it said nothing offensive or inaccurate, in fact was a lot more politely worded than the reviews of the single Kaos trap.
I bought this item from elsewhere, and yes, it fits the bill for completing the game, keeping small kids happy etc. However, it is vastly overpriced on Amazon. I find it extremely disappointing that this kind of sharp practice is allowed and condoned by Amazon. This disappointment is compounded by the refusal to allow my review to stand.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2015 11:07 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3