Profile for Gubette > Reviews

The Holiday
by Jane Green
Price: 6.21

1.0 out of 5 stars Duller than dull., 10 April 2013
This review is from: The Holiday (Paperback)
Hell I wish I had read these reviews properly beforing buying this on a whim before my hols. Rubbish and predictable and what a con three stories in one one. I could tell it wasn't Jane Green. Dreadful waste of money!

After the Party
After the Party
by Lisa Jewell
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Big yawn, 7 April 2013
This review is from: After the Party (Paperback)
I was really looking forward to this and saved it especially as one of my holiday reads last December. I found it annoying, boring and predictable. I was expecting a really interesting sequel to the original book and instead had to endure a real trek which seemed to be totally geared around children being the b all and end all of ones life. I'm sure that is fine if that is what you desire in life, but for those of us that don't/can't have children, I found it rather condescending and one dimensional.
The plot didn't go anywhere for me and and dragged along. I actually had to skim read a number of pages to get through it. Suffice to say I left this book behind in Thailand and exchanged it for something else!
Disappointing really. Not up to Lisa's usual.

Nickel Creek
Nickel Creek
Offered by Music-Club
Price: 22.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshment - thank God!, 24 Jun 2002
This review is from: Nickel Creek (Audio CD)
I too heard The lighthouse tale, but on Irish radio and was captivated. I bought the album on the strength of that song and was very, very impressed. In fact, I have played the disc to death. I am not a huge Bluegrass fan, but this has a more mellow feel, which is extremely appealing. Chris Thile has a haunting voice that sends shivers down your spin - well mine anyway.. Not at all surprised that Alison Krauss produced this, what a lady! Only one negative point...It ends too soon.