Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Learn More
Profile for DD > Reviews

Content by DD

DD (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Apie Premium Genuine Wood Corded In-ear Headphones Earbuds Heavy Bass Noise Cancelling Earphones with Microphone for All Apple Device Android Smartphone MP3 MP4 Portable Music Player
Offered by APIE Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 12 Jun. 2016
These were bought to replace recently purchased Onkyo earbuds, which didn't impress me. Although considerably more expensive than the Apie, I found that they lacked bass response, which as a rock and metal fan was never going to work!?
The Apie are a work of art! They are beautifully packaged in a high quality box, which contained a selection of ear buds, a cloth bag, with drawstring ties and an alternative, hard case for the headphones. The headphones themselves are a quality item and the sound is perfect for my needs; crisp response across all the ranges with deep bass. And they look superb. A steal for less than £20. I just hope they last as I tend to get through a lot of earphone sets!?

Allure of the Vampire: Our Sexual Attraction to the Undead
Allure of the Vampire: Our Sexual Attraction to the Undead
by Corvis Nocturnum

1.0 out of 5 stars Get an editor!!!!, 3 Jan. 2016
Unlike most other reviewers, I found very little of substance in this poorly written book. All subjects covered seemed to be skipped over, adding nothing to what has already been written by much more talented authors. This is a shame as the subject of sexuality and the vampire is ripe for a detailed study and exploration. I don't feel that it is covered in any depth here.
Nocturnam has a tendency to put a homosexual subtext onto everything and while I understand the homoerotocism of some aspects of the vampire I am not convinced that, for example The Lost Boys is 'reflecting the public fear of homosexuality' or that Hammer films were 'gay-paranoid' and showed "a fear of homosexuality in their subtext"?
Worst of all is the apparent lack of any editing, so the book is left with poor grammer, sentences being repeated and spelling mistakes. This does not endear me to any book, least of all one that I am already having doubts about!
All in all a book to be avoided in my opinion.

SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle PRO Full-body Hybrid Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector - Dual Layer Design + Impact Resistant Bumper for HTC One M8 2014 Release (Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother looking elsewhere, 28 Dec. 2015
Does exactly what it claims to do. I bought this to protect my HTC M8 when I had it, over 12 months ago and haven't regretted my purchase. Recently I inadvertently dropped my phone down a flight of stairs. Not a mark on the case and no damage to the phone. Nothing else to say ?

Evocation I: The Arcade Dominion
Evocation I: The Arcade Dominion
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Pagan hymns, 27 Dec. 2015
I absolutely love this CD and it is the one that I always come back to. My tastes are very eclectic, ranging from extreme metal to Mediaeval Babes and this just ticks all the boxes for a great album for me. Atmospheric and spiritually uplifting. Superb.

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't been a positive experience, 12 Sept. 2015
Unlike most reviewers I have had no luck with this product at all. My second one has stopped working, having lasted 4 weeks. The first one lasted two weeks. Both times there has been no warning as I am using it one minute and the next it is not registering on my laptop. I won't be buying another!

Freedom: Atlanta Pop Festival
Freedom: Atlanta Pop Festival

5.0 out of 5 stars Experience Hendrix release something worthwhile at last!, 28 Aug. 2015
I haven't always been a fan of the Experience Hendrix franchise, with sub standard releases doing far more to damage Hendrix's legacy than most of the unofficial releases that EH did their utmost to eradicate. However, credit where it is due, this is a superb release. Beautifully packaged, it features the full set from the Atlanta Pop Festival and it is a good one. Hendrix sparkles on this and it feels like he was having fun with it. No Hendrix fan should be without this release.

MICRO USB CHARGER DATA SYNC CABLE FOR HTC One Samsung Galaxy HTC DESIRE SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X2 X10 MINI Erics Eperia X10 NOKIA MINI N97 6500 N82 6600 HTC HD HD2 HD7 LEGEND BRAVO Incredible BlackBerry: 8220 Pearl, 8520 Curve, 8530, 8900, Bold 9700, Storm 9500, Storm2 9520, 9530, 9550, 9630 LG: BL20 Chocolate, BL40, GD510, GM750, Motorola: Milestone, RAZR2 V9, ROKR E8 Nokia: 3720, 5330, 6600i Slide, 6720, 6730, 6760, 8800, E63, N85, N86 8MP, N900, N96, N97, N97 mini Palm: Pre Vodafone: 360 H1, 360 M1, M1 Samsung: Samsung i9100 Galaxy S 2, samsung epic 4g sprint, B5722, B7620 Giorgio Armani, C5510, C6112, Galaxy i750, Genio PRO, Genio Qwerty, Genio Touch, H1, Jet, M7500 Emporio Armani, M8910 Pixon12, Omnia HD i8910, Omnia II I8000, Pixon12, S8000, S8300 Ultra Touch, Tocco Ultra Edition Sony Ericsson: Elm, Hazel, Xperia X10 & all other devices with Micro USB
Offered by GHMZ-JH

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 2 May 2015
Took over two weeks to arrive, as it comes from China. Initial impressions that were that it was as good as the original. Unfortunately it only lasted for 3 days before the connector at the phone end came loose and was therefore useless. I have now bought an original HTC one!

Jimi: All Is By My Side [DVD]
Jimi: All Is By My Side [DVD]
Dvd ~ André Benjamin

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing., 8 Mar. 2015
Less of a biopic and more of an inaccurate, offensive fantasy. I was okay with the inaccuracies until the domestic violence started. Why would something that didn't happen and has no basis in reality, be added to this 'biopic'? Kathy Etchingham, who had no consultative role in the film (odd in itself as she witnessed that time first hand and is the author of one of the best Hendrix biographies written) has already objected to the film and stated that the violence did not happen.
The actors all do a great job with the material that they have and this should have been a worthy tribute to a great man. Instead it is a tawdry portrayal that disrespects Hendrix and Kathy Etchingham and all of us who love him and his music.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 7:18 PM BST

Betron Wood Earphones Heaphones with Dynamic 10mm Driver with improved Bass for Ipods, Ipads , MP3 and MP4 players with 3.5mm Jack
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 30 Oct. 2014
Excellent headphones for the money and very comfortable. Would definitely look for Betron products again.

South Side Of The Moon
South Side Of The Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the title!, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: South Side Of The Moon (Audio CD)
I am assuming that most people can read and so are fully aware that a cd by Gideon Smith and the Dixie Damned is not by the Damned? Or any other band that aren't called Gideon Smith and the Dixie Damned? This is GSDD's second cd and is more accurately classed as Southern rock with a country tinge to it. I am not a fan of country music per se but love this band. Stand out tracks are Indian Larry and Devils Night.
In case you aren't sure there is an option to listen before you buy?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6