Profile for JD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tefal Actifry Plus - 1.2 Kg - Grey
Tefal Actifry Plus - 1.2 Kg - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder machine!, 25 Jan. 2015
I spent an age reading up on the various air fryers before I made up my mind to go for this one. I have to say I'm super, super happy with this fantastic machine. It's so easy to use and very versatile as I've done chips, stir fries, fruit and even rice dishes in it. It's easy to clean and easy to use (close lid, push on switch). I've seen some complaints that when the timer goes, it doesn't switch the power off. It's true, it doesn't do this, but then does a kitchen timer switch your gas hob off? So yeah, basically not a problem - you just have to remember to go switch it off.

Totally recommend the Actifry if you are interested in an air fryer. You won't regret it.

Panasonic Premium ES-RF31 Wet and Dry 4-Blade Electric Shaver for men with Flexible Pivoting Head
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shaver, 25 Jan. 2015
I bought this to replace my ageing rotary shaver as despite having used it for about 9 years, with regular head replacements, I never quite got over getting skin irritation from the rotary. So I figured I'd give a foil one a go and I am so glad I did. Really pleased with this shaver as it gives a great, tight finish and even with using it daily for three weeks, not even a hint of skin irritation from it.

It's great for battery life too, as it's done all this on just the one charge. Cleaning is also super easy with this thing - pop the foil cover off and rinse - unlike the fairly fiddly dismantling required to clean the rotary.

So yes, very pleased with this and I really recommend it for anyone looking for a great shave from a nice, simple to use and very effective shaver.

Ancillary Range 16 cm Porringer/ Double Boiler
Ancillary Range 16 cm Porringer/ Double Boiler

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little double boiler, 25 Jan. 2015
Bought for candle making and it does the job perfectly.

Prometheus
Prometheus
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars A big let down, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Prometheus (Amazon Instant Video)
I was so looking forward to this due to the Aliens link. The film is fantastic to look at with wonderful sets and scenery. Sadly the plot is nowhere near as good, with rather senseless events which come across as nothing more than nods to the Alien theme. Left me feeling very let down and disappointed.

Flame Effect Lamp - Forest Fireplace
Flame Effect Lamp - Forest Fireplace

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Lamp, 11 Nov. 2014
I wanted to 'cosy up' the empty fireplace in my house and had considered a bioethanol fire until I saw this. The wood design is wonderful and it's gives a superb effect around the room.

Scotch Corporation Liquid Instant Hair Grease Remover for Drains 1 Litre
Scotch Corporation Liquid Instant Hair Grease Remover for Drains 1 Litre
Offered by san direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat., 11 Nov. 2014
Remember the blood from the Alien in the self-same movies? Melts it's way through metal and all that. Well, pretty sure they've bottled that up and put it in here. Made light work of a stubborn, persistent slow running sink and I'm fairly sure that it would've eaten through the wall of the house had I not carefully followed the instructions.

In short, excellent stuff for clearing your drains (or melting a hole in the hull of your space ship).

Dreamscene Plain Fleece Blanket, Red, 120 x 150 Cm
Dreamscene Plain Fleece Blanket, Red, 120 x 150 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 11 Nov. 2014
For the price, impossible to fault these as they are very good quality. I got them mainly for my dog (he has a thing for liking being covered under a blanket) and I can report that he is most satisfied with these!

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I don't have a 'smart TV' so was looking for a cheap way to get access to the online content through services such as Netflix and Prime Instant Video. I know there are a bunch of other devices out there, but I took a punt and went for this one and I'm really very pleased with it. It's very fast to load and operate, and set up was a breeze as buying online, it was already set up and linked to my account.

I didn't realise this also included the Amazon music store too which, seen as I've bought a lot of CDs and digital albums through, means I now get them straight into my music system at home, all through the push of a few buttons.

Like I said, very pleased with this and would certainly recommend it to others who are looking for this sort of thing.

EasyAcc UK 40Pin 15V 1.2A AC Adapter ASUS Wall Charger for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101, Prime TF201, SL101, Pad 300 TF300 TF700T-with EMI CORES
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement charger, 12 Mar. 2014
My original one decided, for its own reasons, to pack up and the official replacements are hard to get and cost a fortune. This did the job perfectly so totally recommend it if you're in need of one,

Kong Wobbler
Kong Wobbler

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kong Wobbler (Misc.)
This is great fun for my dog to bash around the place and it keeps him nicely entertained and motivated to bash it about in pursuit of the treats inside. It's very robust too and very hard, so likely to be resistant to chewers. I got the large one which, for a medium/large sized dog, seems to be perfect.

Only word of caution is move anything fragile off the floor when their playing with this. If they're anything like my dog, he gives this thing a serious battering about when trying to get the last of the biscuits out!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3