Profile for Lady McMudwitch > Reviews

Lady McMudwitch

Temple Run 2
Temple Run 2

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Temple Run 2 (App)
I enjoy this game very much

Happiness by Design: Finding Pleasure and Purpose in Everyday Life
Happiness by Design: Finding Pleasure and Purpose in Everyday Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Paul, 10 Feb. 2015
I really liked Paul's approach, mainly because when you are experiencing little pleasure or purpose it's hard to concentrate on subjective ideas. This book gives a focused and logical plan for living and this is just what one needs when ones brain is not behaving!

Back from the Brink: True Stories and Practical Help for Overcoming Depression and Bipolar Disorder

5.0 out of 5 stars This book becomes your friend, 2 May 2014
This book helped me when I was at a particularly low point in life where I couldn't talk to anyone about my problems. It's really cool he spoke up and has inspired me to start writing my own book about what I've been through

Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics: A Philosophy for Achieving a Radiant Mind and Fabulous Body
by Jessica Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it very much, 19 April 2013
Funny and inspiring. It shows you can have an interest in being healthy without being a loser who people don't like

Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter
Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter
Offered by West Audio UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 April 2013
Does the job and fits nicely in my pocket when I don't use it for what it was made for

Quality Large 2 Litre Hot Water Bottle Hot Pink New
Quality Large 2 Litre Hot Water Bottle Hot Pink New
Offered by Urbanbrand

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a man, but softer and with a more robust body, 19 April 2013
When my old hot water bottle burst in the middle of the night in my bed I thought I would never have another one again. But unlike the old phrase 'Once bitten twice shy' (but in this case it would be 'Once burnt twice shy'), I gladly took the risk of opening my heart. I was rewarded with a very warm guest in my bed (the product!) and am sleeping without coldness every night since. It smells a bit of rubber but apart from that 5 thumbs up from me!

12 Super Fluffy Small Easter Chicks
12 Super Fluffy Small Easter Chicks
Offered by Robelli Online (UK SHIPPER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Where are they now?, 23 Nov. 2012
I bought these little chicks for a laugh. It was Easter and I was looking forward to seeing my family and eating some lovely Easter Eggs (I was hoping for a figure of around 8, based on an average of the past years' yield of amounts 2-16). HOWEVER!
Once the chicks arrived and I had found a suitable home for them (I chose the shed as it had ample feather-stretching facility and the temperature was of a most pleasing manner), a strange thing occured. I gone back into my house to make a nice pot of tea for myself and my neighbour who was visiting whilst her husband was building a new shelf ("SO noisy that man!" she said). We sat down with our earl gray and casually looked out of the window when what did we see? The shed had collapsed! All four sides were flat on the ground and stood in the middle were 12 giant chicks, the size of pigs! They were still huddled together in the style they had arrived in the box that morning but now they were 50 times the size and looked, well quite scary! My neighbour fainted and I locked the doors, fearing for our lives.
Under house arrest is not what I expected from these 12 super fluffy 'small' easter chicks! Luckily after 5 minutes of expansion, they shrunk back down to their original 2cm heights and my neighbour regained conciousness. Since then I've had no trouble at all and they bring joy to everyone who comes round to see me.
They lost 2 points on the fun section simply because rebuilding a shed is not my favourite activity! But on the whole, a great product, very happy :)

Teach Yourself Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TYG)
Teach Yourself Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TYG)
by Christine Wilding

5.0 out of 5 stars A friend in need, 23 Nov. 2012
This book really helped me during tough times. I felt I had no one to talk to but simply reading this book made me realise I was not alone. I thought, hey this book wasn't written just for me! That means other people need it to, which means I am not as mad as I once thought!
The exercises are practical which is essential if you are unable to get out of your monkey mind! It can seem tough when you can't be arsed to write or reflect but I found if I kept doing them during the bearable times, I was more motivated when it got tough.
When I started to see results I became less nihilistic and better able to see myself in a more realistic way. It reminded me of a quote from I can't remember who; Great Oaks are felled by little strokes. This is true of this book. It takes time but well worth it if you want to change your perspective of life.
I love the teach yourself series, it's really empowering. Just what you need when your self esteem is low. I also read the stand up comedy one too and am still doing gigs now. Both books, whilst not all-encompassing oracles, certainly give you tools to make your life better and help you achieve what you want. For a very small price. My kind of book thank you!