Profile for Jess > Reviews

Jess

I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number

5.0 out of 5 stars So Sophie Kinsella!, 25 Aug. 2013
I was very pleased with this novel. I have read most of Kinsella's work and this is one of her best. The plot has good consistency, threads that are very well tied up together and a successful, well-written, and happy conclusion. A twist is beautifully timed when you least expect it.

The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller
The Magpies: A Psychological Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really as its genre suggests, 25 Aug. 2013
It was very gripping throughout, had a good plot, good characters but unfortunately the genre and front cover is deceiving. It is only slightly 'thrilling' in parts and the ending is disappointing. Some threads are left unanswered such as the reason why the cat goes into Lucy and Chris' flat regularly, and also the reason for Paul's change in behaviour is explained flimsily. The last line is cliché and kind of feels like a conclusion was rushed to a convenient ending. I do still recommend but not as a psychological thriller and more of a city drama.

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but scratched, 12 Oct. 2011
I bought this item last week for an anniversary present for my boyfriend.
It arrived so fast i couldn't even believe it. About two days it took to get here when it had been expected 4 days after online purchase.
Everything was fine until I noticed that the box was slightly scruffy and not sealed correctly. No tape closed the box and it looked like it may have been opened before.
I ignored this minor detail, and I decided to survey the army knife incase it had been touched. And to my surprise there were small scratches on the side, sounds silly but it looked as though someone had scratched the side with a nail file. I opened all the little gadgets up (with great difficulty because they are so tightly compact) and noticed water in all the joints as though it had been recently washed.
I am not returning the item because the defects are that minor but I decided to write feedback incase this happens to anybody else.
Thanks!