Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for Natalie > Reviews

Content by Natalie

Natalie (England)

Inheritance (The Inheritance cycle)
Inheritance (The Inheritance cycle)
by Christopher Paolini

4.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to give it 5 stars!, 15 Nov. 2011
After the long wait it's finally over!

This book carries straight on from the last and has everything you'd come to expect from the other books in the series. I found myself getting a little bored at times with the constant battle scenes and enjoyed it when the book broke away from them at times. However having said that I still found it really enjoyable and couldn't put it down!

There are a few unexpected twists and turns that I really enjoyed and was pleased he'd included. He also throws in a few really good chapters towards the end where we see a different side to one character in particular. Personally I loved this part of the book and enjoyed finding more about them.

There has been quite a bit of disappointment with the ending so I didn't have great expectations for it, but when I actually read it I enjoyed it. I think he rounded off the story pretty well. How it's left (without giving away anything!) to me seems to end this particular chapter for Alagaesia but leaves a lot of room to pick the story back up or link it in with more stories from this world at a later time. I found some parts of it a bit frustrating, but I hope that it's so he can pick back up on it at some point as there's still a few questions that need answering and I'd love to learn more about certain characters such as Angela!

Overall I really wanted to give it 5 stars but I think it was slightly let down in parts. However it definitely deserves 4 stars and is worth a read! It's also worth sticking with it if you find your concentration wondering at parts, especially if you've enjoyed the others!

Left to Tell: One Woman's Story of Surviving the Rwandan Genocide
Left to Tell: One Woman's Story of Surviving the Rwandan Genocide
by Immaculée Ilibagiza

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing true life story, 25 Aug. 2008
This book is written brilliantly, and has you gripped from the start. I found that I could put it down as I wanted to see what happened next. Immaculee is an amazing woman and as you read the book you find yourself experiencing the trials that she went through to try and make her way in Rwanda and to survive. I found myself crying in parts - it is a very moving book and makes you see the world in a different light when you realize that these events happened recently in 1994.

RyanDan
RyanDan
Offered by rapid17

5.0 out of 5 stars Ryandan, 24 Sept. 2007
This review is from: RyanDan (Audio CD)
Wow! This album is amazing! I decided to buy the album after hearing the first track 'Like the Sun' which I thought was brilliant and I was not disappointed. Ryan and Dan are really talented.