Profile for Observer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof) - Green/Blue
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof) - Green/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended and capable, 2 Jun. 2016
Just picked one of these up today for £85 after the usual tinterweb search for the best Bluetooth speaker. While I can't comment on the performance of its competition, and I can't crank it up just yet as me lads in bed, I have to say that first impressions are very very good. First and foremost, the sound is excellent. Rich and full with good bass and treble. This can be altered anyway via the app which you'll be prompted to download once connected. So, in the plus column...
1. Sounds fantastic
2. Excellent build quality
3. Well made extras
4. WaterPROOF!
5. Shockproof
6. Can recognise two devices at the same time (which I didn't know before purchase but was a nice surprise and has made the missus smile too).
7. Has a UK USB plug included in the bundle.
8. Two year guarantee
9. Sounds fantastic (again...)

And in the minus column...
1. Nowt

Birdman [DVD]
Birdman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Keaton
Offered by Discs4all

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if bald, 31 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Birdman [DVD] (DVD)
We went to the cinema to watch this. I counted 11,382 hairs on the head of the lady sitting in front of me.

AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Portable Mini Soft Cushioned Headphones with In-Line Volume Remote and Microphone Compatible with iOS Apple Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain and brilliant, 21 Dec. 2015
I was a little non-plussed by these to start out but I've grown to love em. Much prefer them to the in- ear style that I've used for so long. The sound is full with great depth and the noise leakage is almost non existent. I'd probably grab these over my Senhessier SD600's. And at this price you really really should (£38).

Terminator Genisys [DVD] [2015]
Terminator Genisys [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Offered by Its New 2 You

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 3 Dec. 2015
Unfortunately Amazon won't let us give 0 stars. 3 hours of my life I'll never get back

Firetrap Mens Mack 7Eye Boots Ankle High Lace Up Shoes Mid Tops Footwear Black 11
Offered by Coast and Country Soles

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 28 Aug. 2015
Thinking that £27 delivered for Firetraps was a bargain, I purchased these for work. It wasn't until I slipped them on did I discover how uncomfortable they were. The heel is so sharp it digs right in to the back of your foot. I lasted about a minute before I took em off and began the refund process.

Where You Been
Where You Been

5.0 out of 5 stars Attenborough found J's strings, 4 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Where You Been (Audio CD)
I've the utmost respect for the reviews of this album. Without reading too much into the lyrics and the meanings of the songs, to me, J remains one of the greatest guitarists of my lifetime. If you think bass and low slung vocals are a downer, then try listening again when your headphones are plugged in. Grunge was a term we used 20 years ago before 'Indie' was even invented. This remains a warm stroke classic.

The Hunger Games Trilogy
The Hunger Games Trilogy
by Suzanne Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars War of the Worlds prequel, 4 Nov. 2012
This trilogy is a rare treat, one that you read, and then read just a liitle more. And then read another chapter or two just to make sure. It feels like a cross between 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Battle Royale', and we're all children. If it doesn't grab you right away, stop and come back to it a few days later.

Maverick [DVD] [1994]
Maverick [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Sunday afternoon movie, 28 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Maverick [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
I remember seeing this in the mid 90's and it still makes me laugh. It's a bit of a Western, a bit of a heist, a whole lotta Poker and throws in a chase or three. Ultimately it's a movie which is so easy to watch it makes you wish for more like it. Just don't read to much in to it. It's entertainment. Perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Colour It In: Special Edition
Colour It In: Special Edition
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars An album, 17 Jan. 2012
So, how do you try to convince a buyer on amazon to buy this album?
Well the truth is I can't. If you walk through HMV one day and hear one of their songs you'll be hooked.
If you're in the car one day and one of their songs comes on the radio you'll be hooked.
If your feet start to tap for no good reason the chances are it's the Maccabees,
and chances are it's this album.
The truth is I've got a beat for a spine and this album makes my feet and ears stand to attention.
I'm sure if Lennon were here he'd be in HMV, tapping his radio with his feet and scalp.
If you're still not sure, give each song a few plays because after all,
the songs we love the most are those we know the best.

LG 50PK350 50-inch Widescreen HD ready 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview
LG 50PK350 50-inch Widescreen HD ready 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 30 Jan. 2011
Looked at a few TV's before deciding on the LG.
It had all I wanted and seemed to be good value.
I haven't been disappointed yet!
50", 1080p (PS3 games look amazing), 600Hz and
very stylish to boot.

Plugged all the connectons in and within 5 minutes
I had the PS2, PS3 and DVD up and running.

Menus are easy to understand and the remote works fine.
Definately glad i didn't go smaller. You get used to the
size in days and its worth the room needed.

As for the picture, its stunning. I'd upgraded from a
32" SONY LCD 720 which now looks like its 15 years old.

Freeview picture is fine, DVD's look great through the
upscaling PS3 but the real highlight is the HD PS3 games.
Assassins Creed Brotherhood looks simply amazing!

This TV surely has to represent outstanding value.
If it has the spec you need don't hesitate.

And a note on delivery. Why do so many people rate a
product because delivery was slow?
I oredered mine at 1.00pm on the Wednesday and it was here