Profile for Sheila Camp > Reviews

Content by Sheila Camp

Sheila Camp "Sheila" (Durham)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Figure Shredder
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Action Figure Shredder
Offered by MedClub

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an action figure, what more can I say., 13 Jan. 2014
As I've said, it's an action figure what more can I say. For my grandson who loves action figures, this was a welcome gift. The Ninja Turtle plays with the Imaginext Dinosaur, everyone is happy. I haven't yet worked out who is winning, but hearing the shouts, it's lovely to know that this toy is being enjoyed.

Really pleased I bought it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Rice Paper had to be explained., 13 Jan. 2014
For a 5 year old who is into Ninjas, I thought this was a novelty stocking filler. He enjoys baking with his mam and I could see me being the recipient of a fairy cake with Ninjas on the top.

How wrong.

I had to explain that the paper was edible (even to my daughter) but as yet they're still in their packet. Just as well they weren't expensive.

Fisher Price Imaginext Dinosaur Pterodactyl
Fisher Price Imaginext Dinosaur Pterodactyl
Offered by bubble n squeak

5.0 out of 5 stars A great toy for someone who likes Dinosaurs, 13 Jan. 2014
This was one my grandson's favourite Christmas gift (he loves dinosaurs so we couldn't go wrong). The Imaginext range are always good and some of them interact with each other.

It's a good size and he really enjoys it.

The Super Smelly Alien: A Scratchy, Sniffy, Stinky, Whiffy Book! (Smelly Picture Book)
by Igloo Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Jan. 2014
This is my grandson's bedtime story when he stays. He loves finding the smelly patches (some of them are a bit whiffy).

The story is in rhyme and the pictures are very colourful.

All in all an excellent book albeit in our house a bedtime story book.

Frankie's Magic Football: 01 Frankie vs The Pirate Pillagers
Frankie's Magic Football: 01 Frankie vs The Pirate Pillagers
by Frank Lampard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so interesting really, 13 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my grandson after seeing Frank L in an interview talking about the book. I felt it was a bit boring and after about two pages so did my grandson.

My grandson is 5, loves pirates and enjoys football, but unfortunately didn't enjoy this book.

On a positive note, If a child is to read this themselves, the size of the print is ideal and there are not a lot of words on each page.

Case Logic BEBP115 Backpack for 15.6 inch Laptop/Tablet
Case Logic BEBP115 Backpack for 15.6 inch Laptop/Tablet
Offered by Appods

4.0 out of 5 stars Headphone slot not good for left-handers, 28 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used mine on and off public transport but it was used frequently for work, including walking to work and then also for my work items but using the car. Let's begin with the positives for this backpack. The storage is immense and it will take you a while to remember where you've put things but as soon as you get used to where things are it works well.

I didn't have a change of clothes in mine although I know the blurb reckons you could but I did have in the front compartment a hat, scarf and gloves some fruit and a full A4 ring binder (but no laptop). In the next compartment (the one closest to the back) I had the equivalent of half a ream of A4 paper (loose), a large notebook (that is about an inch thick), a big shawl and then my iPad. Both of these compartments closed without effort.

The pull-down compartment at the front had things like my purse, phone, car and house keys. Other things such as pen drives, pens/pencils etc. also fitted comfortably in here and I included notes I was given at work so I wouldn't lose them. Due to how I was using the bag I didn't feel the need to put anything in the compartment that fits on to my back but this is a great addition for anyone walking where this is necessary. Finally for the positives, it is comfortable to carry, the zips slide easy and don't snag and overall it is well ventilated for your back. The grab handle is also secure and comfortable on your fingers. It isn't particularly feminine but it does the job.

Now for the negatives and there's not many of them. The little handle at the very top of the bag has frayed and come away already so is rendered useless but it doesn't detract from the use of the bag. The bag doesn't actually stand upright, it tends to lean forward which just makes it slightly less practical if you were commuting. Finally, the little compartment for your headphones which when on your back is on your right hand side isn't good for left-handers as you would take your phone/mp3 player out of your left pocket to use and not right and if you've got your headphones in you would need to take them off before removing the back as you naturally remove the back towards your left hand side.

Overall, for a left-hander the bag needs a bit of consideration as it might not entirely meet your needs. It would be a great bag for a busy commute but does have a more masculine feel about it.

Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)
Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)

3.0 out of 5 stars No better than the cheaper products, 12 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This will be short and sweet, and as I've said in previous reviews of similar products, I do think it's the name you pay for. Yes the glasses come out nice and `squeaky' but they do with my `non-branded' rinse aid.

I honestly can't convince myself that the extra money I'll have to pay is worth it. This is a huge 800 ml bottle (description said 2 packs!) and when it's finished, unless something magical happens (well it is Christmas), I'll be back to my usual `non-branded' rinse aid.

Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250 ml)
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250 ml)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 6 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm more and more convinced that it's the name you buy with these products. I've noticed no difference in the dishwasher and the bottle shows the same contents as my usual supermarket dishwasher cleaner. As you have to use it every month the price difference becomes quite a lot.

The bottle is easy to use, just peel back the label, put it in the machine `upside down' and set your dishwasher going on the hottest setting.

There will be a nice clean sparkle from your machine, but I think that once I've trialled these I'll be back to my usual supermarket cleaner and only buy Finish Dishwasher Cleaner when it's on special offer.

Finish All In One Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets
Finish All In One Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars Would only buy if they were on special offer., 26 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a good time to test these dishwasher tablets as my machine needed rinse aid and salt and it was full of very greasy crockery and also glasses.

I have to say I didn't find any difference between these and my normal `non-branded products'. I don't normally buy `branded' dishwasher tablets because I feel that they are a bit expensive. Yes I have to use separate salt and rinse aid, but the cost outweighs the inconvenience. We live in a soft water area but I still like to add salt and the rinse aid makes the glasses `sparkle'.

So all-in-all, I would not go out of my way to purchase these tablets, unless of course they were on special offer.

Colgate C200 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C200 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Offered by imperialoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years of receiving toothbrushes via Amazon Vine this has been by far the best one I've used. There is sufficient product information available here and elsewhere on the internet that I'd rather focus on what worked well for me. It is a very sleek product that is so lightweight to hold, whereas in the past they have seemed somewhat chunkier. Also, when brushing, I've yet to find I accidentally turn it off which means it is a smooth consistent clean making full use of the timer function.

I like it better than a sonic toothbrush as I don't feel all the vibrations and noise in my head. I haven't found I need to charge it as often as the manual says I need to so I don't know why that is. The only criticism I have is that the head is a little smaller to what I've used before but I've found it still works well and I'm using less toothpaste.

I have difficulty deciding when the unit needs recharging but I don't feel that warrants me dropping a star. Part of my gums have a constant sore spot following a biopsy in one area and removal of teeth in another and this brush head is great over those areas. I really like it and I would buy it and recommend it to friends. Good product - 4.5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20