Profile for Sheila Camp > Reviews

Content by Sheila Camp

Sheila Camp "Sheila" (Durham)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
CAR SEAT BELT SUPPORT CLIPS STOPS SEATBELT SCRATCHING NECK PACK OF 2
CAR SEAT BELT SUPPORT CLIPS STOPS SEATBELT SCRATCHING NECK PACK OF 2
Offered by Seat Belt Extender Pros

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief from strangulation at last!!, 8 May 2013
These clips are great. I was sick of being "strangled" by my seat belt which I couldn't alter any further and the clip has solved the problem. The spare one is used in my husband's car for when I'm the passenger.

They are so easy to fit and just clip on the part of the belt that goes across your stomach with the part that goes over your chest "slotting" into this. It doesn't get in the way and can be moved around the belt so if someone else drives your car, and they don't want to use it (or want it in a different position), no problem.

A great product at a great price.

Cocofina 100 Percent Coconut Water 500ml (Pack of 6)
Cocofina 100 Percent Coconut Water 500ml (Pack of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't all it was cracked up to be, 5 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Coconut water has a slightly sour taste and even after an hour of exercise I still couldn't take to it. I'd opened up the bottle to have a taste and gagged then decided as I didn't really need to drink it as a drink and could just have a glass of water at that time, I'd hang on to the bottle for after an exercise class. An hour of Zumba later and I still didn't feel any direct benefit from this drink which suggests sports drink as one possible use for it. I didn't feel like it refreshed me any faster than good old water. I passed a bottle on to my husband who tried it after a run and he did feel more hydrated than from just water but the sour taste put him off. It has slightly less calories than say Gatorade (which has 25 per 100ml) with Cocofina having 21 per 100 ml but for me it would boil down to the taste; it certainly has less sugar and carbohydrates than Gatorade so that might be worth factoring in for some people.

I'm sure if this was the only brand available I'd continue to use it but it isn't and I don't exercise hard enough to feel I warrant this drink because if I'm honest I would only use it as a sports drink, I wouldn't use it to simply feel refreshed or hydrated - for that there's fruit juice and water. I also wouldn't use it simply as a drink, I'd prefer to have zero soft drink. So that left 4 bottles to try as I'd had one and my husband had one. I offered one to someone running a half marathon who found the drink fine for its purpose but the taste too awful to contemplate and then that left three. One more was taken to try as a drink the day the water cooler at work stopped working and again that wasn't met with much enthusiasm. So I still have two and the taste puts me off that much that I think I'll always have two left in the cupboard.

If you've got to the end of this review wondering why two stars instead of just one when I really found the taste that disgusting; well it is because it is better for you than other brands of drinks available.

Scholl Express Pedi Electrical Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Express Pedi Electrical Hard Skin Remover
Offered by PremiumBrands-4-Less

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd anticipated, 25 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For an item that Amazon are selling for £29.99 I was incredibly excited to receive free to review. As soon as it becomes warm enough to wear sandals, out come my Birkenstocks and I live in them again until the weather is cold. Due to not being able to bend as easily to use a pumice stone I thought this would be great. I've used items from the Scholl range before and I'd anticipated as equally as good a product. I made sure I'd soaked my feet (I'd had a shower) but maybe this wasn't long enough as it really didn't do much for my feet after I'd used it. In fact, there was a teeny bit of skin and that's all. I did my pedicure straight onto a dark laminate floor so that the evidence could be inspected for the review. It seems I'm in a minority as there was very little. The equipment felt faffy to use for 2-3 seconds, stop, inspect and then possibly re-use for 2-3 seconds. After a couple of minutes of not a lot happening I took the roller out to see what was going on and then tried again. I've gone on to try this a further 3 times and still not getting good results.

I have now reverted back to my old favourite Scholl Instant Hard Skin Remover which never fails (and is only £7). Using the other product instead of the more expensive one, yields better results and the foot cream soaks in beautifully afterwards. I'd feel dubious about recommending this product for people to buy, when the other product I've linked costs 75% less. I don't know how often the rollers have to be replaced in the Scholl Express Pedi but they're £9.37 a time. Overall then, I think the product is okay because I've not had to pay for it. However, if I had to pay for it I'd go for the Scholl Instant Hard Skin Remover which wins every time as far as I'm concerned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 10:46 AM BST

The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur
The Really, Really, Really Big Dinosaur
by Richard Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars A colourful book for young toddlers, 22 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The colorful book arrived in the post at the same time as my grandson (three and a half) arrived so we were both excited about getting started. The story has a moral to it being that if you are a show off and always demanding things it won't always bring you friends.

The book tells us how Finlay is sitting on a grass mound counting out jelly beans for him and his friend when a big dinosaur arrives on the scene. As the story progresses we realise that Finlay is not sitting on the grass but sitting on ....................... who is his friend.

This is a great book with just enough words and bright pictures for young toddlers. I think this will become a favorite with my grandson and me.

30 April - since receiving this book it is read every time I see my grandson so I was right in it becoming a favourite. He had to draw a picture at nursery of his favourite book and this was it.

Marco Tozzi 2-2-25302-29-543 Womens Ankle Boots
Marco Tozzi 2-2-25302-29-543 Womens Ankle Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars 5th pair - must stop buying!!!, 16 April 2013
This is my fifth pair of Marco Tozzi boots - I must stop buying them (no way). They are so so comfortable and the heel height is just right. Sturdy heel and soles ideal for the wetter days. I already have this style in black and as I said this is my 5th paid of Marco Tozzi boots so that has to tell you something about how good they are

22 April 2013 - I wore these boots for 3 days off the trot and they are so comfortable.

Bosch Tassimo TAS5542GB Multi Hot Drinks Machine, Black
Bosch Tassimo TAS5542GB Multi Hot Drinks Machine, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love your coffee, you'll love this machine, 22 Mar 2013
This is my second Tassimo machine. The first one needed some new parts, so we thought it was time to update the model, having had it for years.

This is a lovely, very smart machine, much better than the original one, and takes up less room. You can see at a glance from the front of the machine how much water is left, before you move the machine to refill the water container.

I didn't buy this machine because it has a water filter, but there will be those of you who like this added benefit.

The price on Amazon is very competitive with other electrical stores, but like a child I "wanted my new machine straight away" and couldn't wait the few days for it to arrive and I had mine up and running within 2 hours from ordering it.

I Don't Want To Go To Bed!
I Don't Want To Go To Bed!
by Julie Sykes

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for a toddler, 18 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this story for my grandson who's three and a half and he loves it. He joins in with "I don't want to go to bed".

The story has baby tiger not wanting to go to bed and mammy tiger getting annoyed and letting baby tiger stay up. Baby tiger thinks this is great until he finds all his friends are in bed or going to bed. When he's left in the jungle alone in the dark .........

The pictures are lovely and colourful and I'm sure this book will please any younger person and whoever is reading it to them.

Disabled Toilets - radar key
Disabled Toilets - radar key
Offered by Keys-Cut

5.0 out of 5 stars So good at saving queuing, 20 Feb 2013
Being disabled and not able to stand for any length of time this was a boon. I hate how the ladies toilets always have lengthy queues, so thought I'd buy a RADAR key service station toilets. Because the key is quite big and very thin, I used it first when no-one was around as I was frightened it would snap, but I needn't have worried.

I know some toilets have larger cubicles for those, like me, who have a walking stick, but sometimes they are used by everyone, so if you feel the key is worth the cost (I couldn't get over how cheap it was) and therefore cuts out the waiting, BUY ONE.

If there has to be a downside to this key, it's the size. It's a shame it can't be smaller.

Clevamama Clevabed Toilet Training Sleep Mat (White)
Clevamama Clevabed Toilet Training Sleep Mat (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Feb 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have this for my grandson when he comes to stay for the night. At the moment we aren't using it for toilet training but rather as a sheet for nappies that aren't absorbent enough to last the night. The sheet lies on top of the existing bed sheet and we have it just below the pillow and it fits to about where his knees are (he's just over three to give you an idea).

It is secure enough that it doesn't move around the bed with him and even though it is a waterproof sheet I really had expected some moisture on the bed sheet but no, it was completely dry. The clevabed toilet training sleep mat can be washed as normal - it recommends 60 degrees. I don't have to worry about it being washed and dried instantly as it isn't being used every night. If I was a parent I'm sure I'd find this excellent value for money.

BT Sonus 1500 Single Digital Cordless Phone with Answering Machine - Gun Metal /Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up, 19 Feb 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lucky enough to receive this via Amazon Vine and I like it enough to see if I can purchase a single handset to use upstairs. This was really simple to set up, I used the manual to support set up but didn't really need too much reference to it; it is straightforward. The unit looks smart enough on display as the base isn't cumbersome. In fact, it is the base that you operate the answering machine facilities from. My only criticism so far is that I keep putting my incoming calls on loud speaker but it is just a case of me getting used to a different button to answer calls from my previous set of housephones.

The menu on the phone is simple to use, especially if you're used to navigating settings and controls on a mobile phone. Although there isn't a vast amount of ringtones available there is sufficient for what I need. I've been able to successfully programme in the phonebook, this was done two days ago and I've been able to access the numbers with ease today. As yet I haven't created my own recording for the answering machine, I'm happy with BT's own service but it is an option for those that prefer a more personal touch. There is also clear quality when accepting calls; I found the range on my last phone sometimes meant that if you were a room away from the handset it wouldn't always work well.

As mentioned, the only reason so far that I can find for it not being 5 stars is that calls keep ending up on loudspeaker. Only three days of use but so far so good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20