Profile for Sheila Camp > Reviews

Content by Sheila Camp

Sheila Camp "Sheila" (Durham)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Frankie's Magic Football: Frankie vs The Pirate Pillagers: Number 1 in series
Frankie's Magic Football: Frankie vs The Pirate Pillagers: Number 1 in series
by Frank Lampard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so interesting really, 13 Jan 2014
I bought this for my grandson after seeing Frank L in an interview talking about the book. I felt it was a bit boring and after about two pages so did my grandson.

My grandson is 5, loves pirates and enjoys football, but unfortunately didn't enjoy this book.

On a positive note, If a child is to read this themselves, the size of the print is ideal and there are not a lot of words on each page.

Case Logic BEBP115 Backpack for 15.6 inch Laptop/Tablet
Case Logic BEBP115 Backpack for 15.6 inch Laptop/Tablet
Offered by Appods

4.0 out of 5 stars Headphone slot not good for left-handers, 28 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used mine on and off public transport but it was used frequently for work, including walking to work and then also for my work items but using the car. Let's begin with the positives for this backpack. The storage is immense and it will take you a while to remember where you've put things but as soon as you get used to where things are it works well.

I didn't have a change of clothes in mine although I know the blurb reckons you could but I did have in the front compartment a hat, scarf and gloves some fruit and a full A4 ring binder (but no laptop). In the next compartment (the one closest to the back) I had the equivalent of half a ream of A4 paper (loose), a large notebook (that is about an inch thick), a big shawl and then my iPad. Both of these compartments closed without effort.

The pull-down compartment at the front had things like my purse, phone, car and house keys. Other things such as pen drives, pens/pencils etc. also fitted comfortably in here and I included notes I was given at work so I wouldn't lose them. Due to how I was using the bag I didn't feel the need to put anything in the compartment that fits on to my back but this is a great addition for anyone walking where this is necessary. Finally for the positives, it is comfortable to carry, the zips slide easy and don't snag and overall it is well ventilated for your back. The grab handle is also secure and comfortable on your fingers. It isn't particularly feminine but it does the job.

Now for the negatives and there's not many of them. The little handle at the very top of the bag has frayed and come away already so is rendered useless but it doesn't detract from the use of the bag. The bag doesn't actually stand upright, it tends to lean forward which just makes it slightly less practical if you were commuting. Finally, the little compartment for your headphones which when on your back is on your right hand side isn't good for left-handers as you would take your phone/mp3 player out of your left pocket to use and not right and if you've got your headphones in you would need to take them off before removing the back as you naturally remove the back towards your left hand side.

Overall, for a left-hander the bag needs a bit of consideration as it might not entirely meet your needs. It would be a great bag for a busy commute but does have a more masculine feel about it.

Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)
Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)

3.0 out of 5 stars No better than the cheaper products, 12 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This will be short and sweet, and as I've said in previous reviews of similar products, I do think it's the name you pay for. Yes the glasses come out nice and `squeaky' but they do with my `non-branded' rinse aid.

I honestly can't convince myself that the extra money I'll have to pay is worth it. This is a huge 800 ml bottle (description said 2 packs!) and when it's finished, unless something magical happens (well it is Christmas), I'll be back to my usual `non-branded' rinse aid.

Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250 ml)
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner Dual Action Twin Pack (2 x 250 ml)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 6 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm more and more convinced that it's the name you buy with these products. I've noticed no difference in the dishwasher and the bottle shows the same contents as my usual supermarket dishwasher cleaner. As you have to use it every month the price difference becomes quite a lot.

The bottle is easy to use, just peel back the label, put it in the machine `upside down' and set your dishwasher going on the hottest setting.

There will be a nice clean sparkle from your machine, but I think that once I've trialled these I'll be back to my usual supermarket cleaner and only buy Finish Dishwasher Cleaner when it's on special offer.

Finish All In One Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets
Finish All In One Lemon Sparkle 78 Dishwasher Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars Would only buy if they were on special offer., 26 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a good time to test these dishwasher tablets as my machine needed rinse aid and salt and it was full of very greasy crockery and also glasses.

I have to say I didn't find any difference between these and my normal `non-branded products'. I don't normally buy `branded' dishwasher tablets because I feel that they are a bit expensive. Yes I have to use separate salt and rinse aid, but the cost outweighs the inconvenience. We live in a soft water area but I still like to add salt and the rinse aid makes the glasses `sparkle'.

So all-in-all, I would not go out of my way to purchase these tablets, unless of course they were on special offer.

Colgate C200 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C200 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Offered by imperialoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years of receiving toothbrushes via Amazon Vine this has been by far the best one I've used. There is sufficient product information available here and elsewhere on the internet that I'd rather focus on what worked well for me. It is a very sleek product that is so lightweight to hold, whereas in the past they have seemed somewhat chunkier. Also, when brushing, I've yet to find I accidentally turn it off which means it is a smooth consistent clean making full use of the timer function.

I like it better than a sonic toothbrush as I don't feel all the vibrations and noise in my head. I haven't found I need to charge it as often as the manual says I need to so I don't know why that is. The only criticism I have is that the head is a little smaller to what I've used before but I've found it still works well and I'm using less toothpaste.

I have difficulty deciding when the unit needs recharging but I don't feel that warrants me dropping a star. Part of my gums have a constant sore spot following a biopsy in one area and removal of teeth in another and this brush head is great over those areas. I really like it and I would buy it and recommend it to friends. Good product - 4.5 stars.

Pavers One Touch Full Slipper with Contrast Trim 125 086
Pavers One Touch Full Slipper with Contrast Trim 125 086

5.0 out of 5 stars So cosy, 20 Nov 2013
I have these slippers in the Khaki colour. I need a slipper that's going to keep my feet warm and stay on my feet without slipping up and down and these do both these jobs to a tee. At first I thought of these as an 'older person's' slipper but I don't think they are. I would have liked a size 8 but the 7 is fine and over the week that I've been wearing them they have given so perhaps the 8 might have been too big.

Not disappointed at all.

Dinosaur Doo
Dinosaur Doo
by Andrew Weale

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Doo (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a small child/grandchild who loves dinosaurs and thinks it's great to talk about poo, then this is THE book for them.

The front cover is lovely and bright with the pictures inside being just as colourful. The story is in rhyme and we meet Spark who is so sick of the dinosaurs having a poo on the hill that he decides to invent the loo.

Grown-ups will snigger at the dinosaurs and the way they have a poo - the baby iguanodon doesn't use a nappy or potty and the way he poo's is like a mini pea-shooter!

If, like me, you struggle with the pronunciation of dinosaur names the front and back pages explain how to pronounce them (iguanodon is ig-wha-noh-don).

An excellent book.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward toothbrush, 24 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although this is a Limited Black Edition, don't be put off by the word `black' because it's a matt black and looks fine. If, like me, you already use an Oral-B toothbrush you should find that you can just use your existing charger and toothbrush heads.

In the box there is a charger, one toothbrush head and a bonus travel case. This travel case is ideal because how many times do you wonder where to put your toothbrush in your case. Mine used to go inside a shoe, because a few years ago, it was just put in the suitcase and had been `running' the whole journey so needed charging when we arrived.

If you're new to rechargeable toothbrushes, this has everything you need. Should you need an extra toothbrush head (only one provided), these aren't expensive to buy if you shop around.

Can't fail with Oral-B. No flash toothbrush, no sonic movements, just a straightforward Oral-B that cleans your teeth.

IronKey D80 4GB Hardware Encrypted USB
IronKey D80 4GB Hardware Encrypted USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you added security, 21 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a storage capacity of 4 gb. This doesn't seem very much but it's more than ample. I like the idea that you can't use the USB stick unless you put your password in first. I use a USB stick for almost all of my everyday `jobs' on the computer, but if someone was to locate this, they would be able to find information that I wouldn't perhaps want them to read - this solves that problem, making everything nice and secure.

If you're a new user to a USB stick, here we go - Insert the stick into your USB port. The stick will be found and the driver installed automatically to your computer. You will then get a dialog box that says "run ironkey software". You are then given the option to set your new password - I had to think about this because not only do you have to have capital and lower case letters as well as numbers but also special characters too. You'll end up with two dialog boxes on the screen, just exit the `black' one and off you go.

Regarding the password, when you insert the USB stick, you have 10 goes to get your password right and if you forget it, on the 11th go the USB stick will reformat.

For a USB stick this is expensive, but for the added security it isn't. It comes in a nice box if you wanted to buy this for a present. If you're not `computer savvy' there's no instructions on what to do, but I think there wouldn't be anyway because it's very simple to install and following the onscreen prompts is straightforward.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20