Profile for Steven Garratt > Reviews

Content by Steven Garratt

Steven Garratt "Steve" (Manchester, UK)

GreatShield iSlide Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Hard Case for Apple iPhone 5 / 5S (Black)
Offered by theWireless USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great without too much bulk, 21 Oct 2013
Bought it after having a recommendation of it from a work colleague. I've dropped it a couple of times already and the case has withstood the shock each time.
It's also not too bulky like some - I suspect because it doesn't need the extra room for the phone to fit into due to the slide/click fit of it.
Would highly recommend!

Kannoko Shochu 720ml
Kannoko Shochu 720ml
Offered by Tazaki Foods

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me a trip back to Japan!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Kannoko Shochu 720ml
Having picked up a bottle of this while on Honeymoon as a cheap gamble, we loved it and didn't realise how nice it would be! It took us forever to find out where to buy another bottle until I came across this amazon seller.
REALLY fast delivery, and bottle was exactly the same as we bought in Japan. HIGHLY recommend!

EasyAcc® 12000mAh Power Bank 4 USB 3.5A Output Portable Charger High Capacity External Battery Pack for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Android Phone Smartphone Tablets Pc GoPro - Output: 0.5A ~ 2.1A, Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars 12,000mAh - Works exactly as hoped, 28 May 2013
Having bought a cheap "12,000mAh" external battery pack from eBay that wouldn't even charge my phone once, this has charged my mobile several times over before running out of battery.
If there was any downside, it's that it takes quite a lot time to charge, but given how rarely you need to re-charge it, that's not an issue for me.
Definitely worthwhile over others too if you want to charge up different mobiles, as mine requires 1A input, whereas my wifes phone requires 0.8A, meaning I can use the lower power socket to charge hers too!
Definitely a worthwhile buy.

Hilly Twin Skin Socklet Unisex - Large 9 - 11 UK
Hilly Twin Skin Socklet Unisex - Large 9 - 11 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic!, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Hilly Twin Skin Socklet (Apparel)
As twin layer socks go, they're fantastic!

Over the course of nearly a year, used them twice a week for doing roughly 6 miles each time, a handful of half marathons and a full marathon, and I got no blisters from rubbing at the edge of my feet at all!

Only downside is that I still got the odd blister inbetween my toes, which no sock will make a difference with!

After a year of solid use, part of the fabric in the heal had started to wear and a small hold was forming, however I dread to think the total number of miles I have put the one pair through and would happily buy another pair for how well they have lasted!

Highly recommend!

Game Party - In Motion (Xbox 360)
Game Party - In Motion (Xbox 360)
Offered by GameExplorers

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be SO much better..., 6 Jan 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Initially it seemed pretty good, on par with most other Kinect games with some different and pretty good concepts for games that are a good laugh to play!

Unfortunately, the motion software on this particular game doesn't seem as clever as it could have been for a game that seems aimed towards social playing in a group.

For example of some of the games (like darts) where you take turns, it insists that both players much be visable in the Kinects play area... meaning you can't pop away from the game to grab a drink inbetween turns and refuses to carry on a 2 player match with only one of you there, even if only one of you can do something on the game at that time.
It also throws a wobbly when the two players cross over, which on the main isn't a huge problem, but if you're playing the games were you're again taking turns, it's a pain, and once it's even completely failed to recognise anyone after we had swapped over positions a few times and had to reboot.

All in all, if you're strict with where you stand while you're playing, it's got some great games, if you plan to play it at a party with people walking nearby all the time and moving around to grab drinks, I wouldn't bother.

Sennheiser MM50iP Stereo Headset with integrated microphone - tailormade for the iPhone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present - Brother Happy!, 19 Nov 2009
Bought the headset for my brother who is an Apple fanatic - he loved it! :)

Friends: Complete Season 1-10 (30 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [1995]
Friends: Complete Season 1-10 (30 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston
Offered by BIG Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars F.R.I.E.N.D.S - Need I say more?, 19 Nov 2009
It's friends... the episodes are brilliant... I didn't need to tell you that.

Handy box set, DVDs are double sized to reduce the size and packaging.

Only problem I had was that there were 2 dvds in the set were the same, (which meant one dvd (approx 8 episodes) was missing).
Amazon being the good retailer that it is however, swapped this over with no fuss, and even paid for the postage at my end! :)