Profile for nix_nax > Reviews

Content by nix_nax

nix_nax

KiwiBird® NEW 8 pin 3-in-1 Digital Camera Connection Kit/ SD Card Reader with 130mm Convenient Cable and USB 2.0 Port/ 8 pin to USB Camera Adapter for Apple iPad Air 1/2, iPad mini 1/2/3 and iPad 4 | Supports Micro SD(TF)/SDHC/SD Cards |Automatic Detection of USB cable and Memory card |Supports MPEG-4/H.264 Videos and JPEG/RAW Photos [12-Month Warranty]

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap, buy twice., 10 July 2015
I bought this to connect a MIDI keyboard to my iPad. It was quite flakey, but would connect sometimes for the first few days, although often I would get the 'Incompatible accessory' message and it would not connect. Then after the 8.1.4 OS update it never ever worked again.

I have since bought the official Apple cable (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Lightning-Camera-Adapter-Display/dp/B009WHV3XA/) and this has worked perfectly 100% of the time, so the issue can only be with the cable.

How Music Got Free: What happens when an entire generation commits the same crime?

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down, 3 July 2015
The development of the MP3 codec, the pre-release leaking of music, and the death of the CD are each fascinating stories in their own right. Witt follows all three with a personal as well as industry level perspective, and the causes and effects they had on each other. A gripping read, I couldn't put it down.

1080p Full HD outdoor wireless WiFi security camera. All-in-one home CCTV camera with built-in Cloud DVR. Setup, view Live and playback clips using our mobile and tablet apps. 15m night vision, motion sensor, ONVIF ready. UCam247-HDO1080
Offered by EyeSpy247

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and reliable cameras, 1 May 2015
I have two of these set up outside the house and they have been running without a problem since installation 4 months ago, not a single reboot required. The picture is excellent, as is the night vision, and they have a nice solid look and feel. They have microphones, but the sound quality is so poor from them that they are totally useless.

The software they come with is easy to use and set up on computer or mobile. They also support ONVIF standard, which I use to stream them to my Synology Surveillance Station box.

I should say that I have them hard-wired to my network with Cat6, so I can't vouch for the reliability or range of the WiFi.

Presents: Ziltoid The Omniscient
Presents: Ziltoid The Omniscient

5.0 out of 5 stars My perfect album, 11 Dec. 2014
If, like me, you are a fan of the humour of Tenacious D, the narrative of Jeff Wayne's War Of The World, and the Drumkit From Hell of Thomas Haake, and of course you like your music heavy, then this could be your perfect album too.

Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography
Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, well balanced, a bit too long, 23 July 2013
Isaacson has done an excellent job here. It's a very readable account of an fascinating human being. Everything is there and at no time is it reverential in it's tone, it all seems accurate and fair.

My only problem is that Steve was not a very nice man, and from half way through I just didn't want to spend any more time with him. It was good enough that I wanted to finish it but it was a real relief when we could finally part ways at the end of the final chapter.

Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy: A Journey to the Heart of Cricket's Underworld
Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy: A Journey to the Heart of Cricket's Underworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Stuff, 13 May 2013
This book reads like a thriller, with a travel story flavour, and just a hint of the maths behind the betting industry. I couldn't put it down.

I am a cricket fan, which no doubt added to my interest, but I'm not a gambler and some of the intricacies of the betting markets went over my head. No matter, it doesn't detract from the thrill of it. If you are into cricket and/or gambling you simply have to read this.

If you aren't a fan of either there's a good chance you'll be gripped by it anyway.

Forefront Cases® NEW KINDLE PAPERWHITE / KINDLE TOUCH Pink Leather Case Cover Wallet + Stand For Both New Amazon Kindle Paperwhite / Kindle Touch Wi-Fi + SCREEN PROTECTOR

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, shame about the light, 24 Feb. 2011
3 stars because the case itself is very good. However the reason I chose this particular product was for the light, and that is not so good. The problem is that the bendy part does not stay where you bend it, and is is next to impossible to get it to point at the screen and be able to read when it is dark. The only way I could manage was to use a hair band to hold it in place, but still doesn't work great, and having to keep a hairband tied to the case when carrying it around does ruin the effect.

There is also another minor issue where the push button for the light can be pressed through the case, so it can easily switch itself on when in your bag, and completely drain your batteries.