Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer "barneyrubble1"

Crime Of The Century
Crime Of The Century

5.0 out of 5 stars An unheralded classic, 13 Jun 2005
This review is from: Crime Of The Century (Audio CD)
This has to be one of my top ten albums of all time. I think a good sign is the fact that the better known tracks ie Dreamer and Bloody Well Right are probably the weaker songs on the album.
Hide in your shell, Asylum, If everyone was listening and Crime of the century are absolutely ace tracks which rate amongst the very best of prog rock. However you don't need to be a prog rock freak to enjoy the wonderful record.

Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle
Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Distinctive gem, 19 May 2005
This review is from: Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle (Audio CD)
I tried this based on critics recommendations and surprisingly found the whole album to be really quite exceptional. Heart Like Wheel is the famous one and probably is the stand out track, but this doesn't mean the remaining tracks are weak. I happen to slightly prefer the tracks written by Anna but I would recommend the entire album as an absolute delight.

Drive on
Drive on

4.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten wee gem, 22 April 2005
This review is from: Drive on (Audio CD)
Firstly let's correct the Amazon description. This album is of course by Mott not MTH. This was one of the first re-runs of MTH without Ian Hunter.
I first bought this album on vinyl many moons ago and have been looking for the cd for a while.
I got this a few days ago and am totally won over (again) by the high quality rock music contained in it. The style is somewhere between maybe MTH and Bad Company and maintains a high quality throughout.
You maybe haven't heard of this album or this group but well worth a try.

Street Legal (Remastered)
Street Legal (Remastered)
Offered by moo V man

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise, 31 May 2001
I agree with a previous reviewer who was expecting not much from this album due to its bad press. I really feel that some of Dylan's 70s albums are the pinnacle of his career and I think that Street Legal is right up there with Blood on the Tracks and Desire but in a totally different way. The Dylan purest may not like this album because it is far more melodic than many but I think he is merely showing his versatility and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Senor, Is your love in vain, Baby stop crying are all great tracks, but I have to say that I dont think there is one weak track here. Why this is not universally liked by the critics is the fact that this is probably his most easily accessible album and this unfortunately brings out the worst type of Dylan elitism. Anyway, great stuff!

"Billboard" Book of Number One Hits
"Billboard" Book of Number One Hits
by Fred Bronson

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs a bit of updating., 11 May 2001
This book is a great book for reference lovers, but only if you have never bought a previous edition. I have and was really looking forward to reading the "revised updated" edition, only to find that nearly all old summaries had not been changed at all. My enjoyment therefore was merely limited to the reviews on the new no 1s since the last issue. A big disappointment as I really wanted to give this book a super review.