Profile for mr j cr > Reviews

Content by mr j cr

mr j cr

Cubot X17 Android 5.1 4G Smartphone LTE 5.0 FHD 1080*1920 MTK6735 1.3GHz 64Bit Quad Core 16.0MP 3G RAM 16G ROM Dual Card
Offered by Hifone

5.0 out of 5 stars Cubot X17 review, 14 Dec. 2015
I've had my Cubot X17 for over a week now and I am very impressed. I initially was looking for a smartphone with a decent amount of storage as my previous smartphone was running out of space with all the constant google updates to android. I decided that a 16gb model would be best and a surveyed all the cheaper smartphones on Amazon. I noted that the reviews for Cubot were generally very positive and after viewing several YouTube videos I decided to get a Cubot X17. The X17 is basically a X16 with an extra 1gb of ram which should improve performance and metal body rather than the glass-fibre of the X16. I liked the idea of the metal body. I should at this point say that I ordered the phone direct from Cubot on eBay and saved a few pounds. The phone took about 7 days to arrive and came with a UK charger.
The phone itself is very sleek and modern and feels very solid in the hand. in use everything is fast with no lag, screen is very sharp. I am particularly impressed with the WiFi which is decidedly quicker than previous phones, I think it uses the 5g band as well as the 2.4g. The data is great as well and I get 4G reception at home, although I have not run any speed tests on the 4G as I am on PAYG.. Camera seems good although no doubt if I paid 5 times as much for a Galaxy S6 or iPhone the camera would probably be better.
I have been trying to think of any bad points to raise- and I am struggling - if I am particularly picky I think I would mention that the phone comes with a protective plastic back cover. I have left it on to protect the phone. However this plastic has a slightly sharp edge to it which I dislike the feel of.. I thought of taking a bit of sandpaper to it but decided to buy a £3 gel cover for the phone instead.
All in all I am very pleased with the Cubot X17 and I think for the money it a great deal ,a strong recommend.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2016 4:02 PM GMT

PowerSave® Quality Lighting ~ Dimmable 6.5w LED BC B22 Candle ~ 2700k Warm White ~ Energy Saving Light Bulb ~ A+ Rated ~ Latest Technology ~ 40w Replacement ~ 470 Lumen (Dimmable)
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality bulbs, 9 Nov. 2015
Excellent quality bulbs, nice and bright with instant on. Also I had a problem in that I made a mistake on the order- Powersave were exceptionally good and replaced the order promptly , so customer service from Powersave gets a 5 star mark as well.

WD 1 TB NAS Desktop Hard Disk Drive (Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64 MB Cache) - 3.5 inch, Red
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars WD red 1TB, 8 April 2013
Just bought to replace Sansung F1 which was telling me it was about to fail. Impressed by this drive seems quick and very quiet. No problems at all.