Profile for MRS TWEEDY > Reviews

CDN Meat/ Poultry Ovenproof Thermometer, 54 to 88 C
CDN Meat/ Poultry Ovenproof Thermometer, 54 to 88 C
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant piece of kitchen kit, 3 Feb. 2014
I have recently bought several thermometers to test whether meat is cooked. The digital ones are prone to breaking and they all take quite a time to get a reading and need batteries.

This meat thermometer is brilliant.It gets straight to the temperature and has proved to give reliable readings.
It is easy to read and doesn't need batteries. It says that it can be left in the meat in the oven but I haven't yet tested this.
It is very sturdy with a thick domed glass dial.

It does take a little longer to be delivered as it comes from America but it is well worth the weight.
I will be getting another of these for my son.

Anika Rubberwood Folding Wooden TV Table With Wood Pine Finish - Ideal For T.V. Dinners
Offered by Onlinesupermarket

1.0 out of 5 stars folding table not as shown in thepicture., 16 Jan. 2014
Really disappointed with this purchase.
It is not as shown in the picture.

I bought this because in the picture it seemed to be exactly the same as a rubber wood folding table I already had, which was good quality with rounded edges which means that you can use it to use the laptop without getting table edges digging into your arms when you type.

The table that was delivered doesn't seem to be rubber wood but a cheap wood covered with a veneer and it has a damaged corner. It doesn't have rounded edges as shown in the picture

I would send it back but can't be bothered with the hassle.

Be aware that the product sent is not the one shown in the picture.

On reflection I decided to return the item and contacted the seller. A woman contacted me and said that to do this she would I would need to have access to a computer and as this was not possible she arranged to phone me today at 10, which she has not done. Service is a s ropey as the table. You can get a similar product at Dunhelms for 1/2 the price and it is solid wood.

27/1/14 Update, I am still being messed about by the seller, who still has not collected the damaged table, nor have the promised phone calls materialized.
I would avoid this seller.

Gibsons Pass the Pud Family Game
Gibsons Pass the Pud Family Game

5.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 16 Jan. 2014
We had loads of fun and giggles with this game over Xmas. It kept the whole family interested and away from the telly.

The Allotment Almanac
The Allotment Almanac
by Terry Walton

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Allotment Almanac (Hardcover)
Bought this for my hubby at Xmas for his stocking.
He is delighted with it. It has lots of advice and colourful tales and anecdotes.
The writing style is easy to read and the layout and photographs are beautiful too.
I can thoroughly recommend this for allotmenteers and veg growers.
I have been borrowing it for a read when himself lets me get my hands on it.

Ladies Soft Fleece Printed Long Kaftan Poncho Sleepwear One Size Grey
Ladies Soft Fleece Printed Long Kaftan Poncho Sleepwear One Size Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cosy, 16 Jan. 2014
As a fully paid up member of the freezing club I am delighted with this kaftan.

It is soft, fleecy, comfortable and so wonderfully warm. It is lovely to snuggle up in this on the cold winter evening.
A wonderful buy.

Lesser & Pavey 26 cm Home Sweet Sage Seed Box
Lesser & Pavey 26 cm Home Sweet Sage Seed Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for the quality, 16 Jan. 2014
Where the handle meets the lid there is enamel missing and it is already starting to rust.

Very disappointing for the price.

Ladies Slipper Heat Holders Thermal Socks Size 4-8 Uk, Various Colours (Violet)
Ladies Slipper Heat Holders Thermal Socks Size 4-8 Uk, Various Colours (Violet)
Offered by Sock Snob Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea BUT, 1 Jan. 2014
Had I written the review before wearing these I would have rated it much higher.
However.....

They are very warm but

the slippers twist on my feet and need constant readjusting and despite having worn these about 6 times one has developed a hole.

Total waste of money.

DIGITAL KITCHEN PROBE THERMOMETER FOOD COOKING BBQ MEAT STEAK TURKEY WINE JAM
DIGITAL KITCHEN PROBE THERMOMETER FOOD COOKING BBQ MEAT STEAK TURKEY WINE JAM
Offered by cheap4uk

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty, 16 Sept. 2013
This took 3 weeks to arrive; I didn't realise it was coming from China!!! It was different from the picture shown and is of the cheap and flimsy variety. I bought 2 one for my son and one for me. I tried both in the same temperature water and they showed 2 temperatures. It took ages to get a reading as the temperature went up a degree at a time.

if you want a cheap nasty probe that takes up to a month to be delivered order this, if not look elsewhere.

Pitt Cue Co. - The Cookbook
Pitt Cue Co. - The Cookbook
by Tom Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars pitt cue co, 11 Aug. 2013
Have used this book for the first time this week to cater for son's birthday BBQ.
The recipes are quite involved but wow, are they good.

I made the chipotle ketchup, BBQ mayonnaise, barbeque sauce and house rub along with the mother sauce. Then went onto to the pulled pork and chicken wings recipe as drumsticks.

Made the peanut butter icecream. My only mistake was making one quantity of the recipe as I had to make a second it was sooo good.

very little left overs after the BBQ.

Smoking Food at Home with Smoky Jo
Smoking Food at Home with Smoky Jo
by Jo Hampson

5.0 out of 5 stars The best smoker book yet., 26 May 2013
I have bought many food smoking books recently but this is absolutely the bees knees.

Highly informative, easy to read and everything covered to show you the way to your first smoke.

The information is not so technical that it give you brain overload.

Follow the instructions and it works. We have had a whole hot smoked chicken, mackeral, salmon and duck for Sunday lunch today after my first attempt at hot smoking.

My first attempt at cold smoking produced smoked salmon, cheese, nuts, olives and some sunblush tomatoes.

There were lots of recipes for brines to get you started.

If you want to have a go at smoking your own, get this book first. Brilliant!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7