Profile for George > Reviews

Content by George

George (London)

Page: 1 | 2
The Digital Photography Book: The Step-by-step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros'!: 1
by Scott Kelby

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book with some good ideas, 1 Feb 2014
After buying a new camera I thought it best to read a book like this. The book is organised by examples of picture taking. For example, taking pictures of wildlife, or taking pictures of peoples faces.

It has many different scenarios which is good. Much of what is said is fairly obvious 'don't zoom up too close to wildlife else it gives it a boxed in feeling' for example. However, it gives some good ideas and good advice such as what time of day to take pictures, when to use aperture setting and so on. It is not specific to any camera which is good. It is a quick read and has pictures of examples.

A useful book for a new photographer who is looking for a bit of advice, but nothing too technical.

Authentic RDX Leather Gel Fight Boxing Gloves Punch Bag, 14oz
Authentic RDX Leather Gel Fight Boxing Gloves Punch Bag, 14oz
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, 1 Feb 2014
After a few months boxing, and using my clubs mismatched gloves, I decided to invest in a pair of my own. I had no idea what to get so I just went by amazon reviews.

I bought the 14oz as I didn't really know what to get but figured these are good for training. They are still in good condition after months of training, no visible damage. They are very comfy, and give good support. Very happy with my purchase.

Sports Glove Deodorizer
Sports Glove Deodorizer
Offered by Osaka Fight Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sports Glove Deodorizer (Misc.)
Two yellow bags to place in my gloves after I have boxed. My gloves don't stink so they're doing they're job! Happy with them and I think a very useful purchase.

Arsenal Crest Mug
Arsenal Crest Mug
Offered by lovelybooks4u

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mug, but not the same as the picture., 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Arsenal Crest Mug (Misc.)
I used to have a mug which was the same as the picture showed. It broke so I bought this as a replacement. The picture on the outside was different. It it still Arsenal, but not the giant crest shown. Somewhat disappointed as it doesn't look as good.

Apart from that, its a standard mug so 3*

Django Django
Django Django

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the album, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Django Django (MP3 Download)
Fanstastic album, my favourite of 2013. I can't wait for their next album to be released. Song after song is great and I couldn't get enough of it. Hard to describe the style of music, sort of, electonicy alternative. I would say, if you were a fan of Alt J, you would enjoy Django Django too.

Would definitely suggest this album. I think that if anyone gives it a chance, they will love it.

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
Offered by AllTheMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 1 Feb 2014
The speakers on my laptop broke, so I bought this. It is very small but has a great sound, especially for music. The battery seems to last forever which is great.

Acer Aspire S3-391 13.3-inch Ultrabook - Aluminium (Intel Core i7 3517U 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good laptop, 1 Feb 2014
I bought this laptop around 6 months ago. I think it's always better to wait to make the review.

The laptop is very attractive, it is very thin and nice feeling. It feels sturdy and good quality. It is incredibly light which is perfect for travelling around. It doesn't have a number pad like larger laptops. Another good thing is that the mouse pad is in the centre of the laptop, not over to the left like many other newer laptops.

The laptop runs on Windows 8. Which is quite different from the earlier Windows, I found very frustrating at the start, but once I sat down and really got to grips with it, I found it easy to use and I can see many benefits.

One different thing with this laptop, is the mousepad. I initially found it tricky to use and annoying as it kept switching between pages, but once I learn how it works, I find it useful.

Different options included :
- Ability to pinch zoom with 2 fingers.
- If you drag your finger from the left of the mouse pad, on to the mouse pad, it switches between apps that you are on.
- If you drag your finger from the right of the mouse pad, then it bring up a menu option.
- If you hold 2 fingers on the mouse pad and drag up and down, it has a scroll function.

That all might sound very basic, but it took me a while to work it all out.

I am very happy with the laptop. I use it mainly for browsing the internet and general document writing, and for that, it is perfect.

Home Brew Ingredients - Brewmaker IPA - 40 Pint Homebrew Beer Kit Including 1Kg VinClasse® Brewing Sugar
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Beer!, 1 Feb 2014
This was the first beer that I had ever brewed. Very easy to do. Once the beer was in the barrel, it was drinkable with a week. However, the taste improved over time and was really delicious at around 3-4 weeks.

Home Brew - Balliihoo® Complete Equipment Starter Kit - Best Seller
Home Brew - Balliihoo® Complete Equipment Starter Kit - Best Seller
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kit!, 1 Feb 2014
I had never brewed beer before, so I bought this kit. All I needed was the beer brewing ingredients ( can be bought for around £20) and I was away. The kit can be used again and again, the only thing that you need to replace is the sterilizing powder.

Tiger police style elastic notebook pad with pencil
Tiger police style elastic notebook pad with pencil
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, 1 Feb 2014
Small note pad that comes with a pencil. Perfect for taking notes!

I use it for taking notes on vocabulary as I am learning a foreign language and I am very happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2