Profile for bzbright > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gear4 Tyre Tread GT Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Black
Gear4 Tyre Tread GT Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable without being too chunky, 25 Nov. 2013
Whenever I upgrade my iPhone I always look for the Gear4 Tyre Tread covers - I've been using then since the iPhone 3 and they've never failed. The cover fits my iPhone 5 perfectly without being too chunky and provides excellent protection - the number of times I have dropped my iPhone without damage is a testament to its quality. In addition, I love that it has a slightly raised rim around the face of the iPhone, meaning that if I drop it and it lands face-down the force will be taken by the case and not the screen.

If you want a quality, durable case to protect your iPhone, this is the one.

30 X 21 NEW JEWELLERS LOUPE MAGNIFIER EYE GLASS GIFT
30 X 21 NEW JEWELLERS LOUPE MAGNIFIER EYE GLASS GIFT
Offered by factory-advisor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the price, 25 Nov. 2013
Not much more to say than the title - doesn't look as cheap as it was, and does the job for a great price.

Belkin MFI Approved Charge and Sync Desktop Dock with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus - Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and professional-looking iPhone stand, 11 Sept. 2013
Very impressed with this - it looks expensive (mostly because it is) and the silver version won't look out of place on your desk. iPhone slots in easily and is supported well by the back of the stand. Needs a bit of jiggling to remove it but nothing too extreme.

I was particularly pleased that my iPhone fits into the stand with the case on - I have a fairly thick and robust Gear 4 rubberised case, which I love, and this Belkin stand has more than enough room for that.

My only quibble would be the price, as realistically this should be priced at around £14.99 maximum - but if you want somewhere to stand your iPhone on your desk and charge it at the same time, you won't find anything better than this.

Dulwich Black Leather Double Watch Cufflink Box
Dulwich Black Leather Double Watch Cufflink Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy little box for keeping your "man stuff" together, 24 Oct. 2012
After acquiring an unmanageable number of cufflinks and feeling the need to treat myself to something essentially non-essential, I purchased this watch and cufflink box with high hopes.

They were not disappointed. The box is made of real, high-quality black leather and looks stylish and smart from the outside, while the inside reveals a quirky, jazzy lining of purples stripes. The man who owns me, says this box, is both serious and fun. He wears cufflinks, but cufflinks which are shaped like Pokémon.

The box is obviously well made and has a cufflink draw (9 pairs) which lifts out to reveal two dedicated spaces for your watches and a third space which could potentially hold a wallet (though mine was too wide), blackberry or travel pass. I plumped for this version rather than the wider single-level Dulwich Designs boxes as I thought it would be neater and smaller, and it is. And I'm very glad I chose the black version (crazy lining!) over the brown version, which I suspect would suit an older, slightly more serious gentleman.

Overall, highly recommended as a gift or treat for the man who has everything (and a lot of cufflinks).

P.S. Bought from the seller Adelbrook and cost less than Amazon's own price - bargain!

Cross Aventura Onyx Black Rolling Ball Pen
Cross Aventura Onyx Black Rolling Ball Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking pen at a reasonable price, 24 Oct. 2012
Bought this as a gift for a friend's birthday and was very impressed - it looks as high-quality as the more expensive Cross / Waterman models at a very reasonable price. The presentation box also looks excellent and makes it an all-round good gift.

Integral Crypto Flash Drive USB 2.0 for Windows AES 256-bit Encryption 4GB Ref INFD4GBSPLCRYPTO
Offered by MemoryC

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but does everything you need, 9 Aug. 2012
It is a truth universally acknowledged that having a password-protected USB stick is pointless if it falls out of your bag. So, my requirements for the little device on which I keep my important personal documents were that it was password-protected, attached to a keyring and had a good security interface. After trying two which lasted about a month before the plastic/metal connectors snapped off my keyring (the SanDisk Cruzer Fit, which is enviably tiny but unfortunately has a weak keyring link, and the ubiquitous Integral Courier, which attaches by a weak plastic end) I decided I needed something a bit more robust.

The Integral Crypto is exactly that - the USB is coated is a durable rubber which makes you feel like you can drop it, stand on it, dunk it in a puddle and it will still work. I was keen to get an Integral USB because of the ease of Total Lock - you simply put in a password and it opens a Windows folder as normal, unlike other USB sticks (e.g. SanDisk) where it has an odd interface into which you have to drag documents. Most importantly, the USB connects to a keyring via a hole which goes through the body of the stick - it isn't an end which can snap off and get lost.

Overall, it's a pricy little thing, but it looks robust, has a great interface and security and doesn't look like it'll break or fall off a keyring any time soon. So, if you want a secure and tough little USB which will last a long time, this is the one.

ASUS Eee PC X101CH 10.1 inch Netbook - Black (Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 320GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter)

1.0 out of 5 stars Painfully slow and unresponsive - returned, 7 Aug. 2012
I've never been a fan of Netbooks, but I bought the Asus EeePC X101CH for my girlfriend who wanted something small and basic to use on trips away and also on the sofa at home - since her needs were essentially limited to Internet browsing and word processing I thought it would be best to get a Netbook. Unfortunately, I've had to send the EeePC back to Amazon and get a 15.6" laptop for only £100 more - the reason being that for £200 the EeePC is shockingly and frustratingly inadequate.

Out of the box, it looks good - slick, light, well-made and with lots of ports. The first alarm bells rang after the 2 minute booting up time, which should be faster on a brand new computer, but the real doubts started when I tried to open files and programs - each click resulted in a delay of around 5-8 seconds while the Netbook's woefully inadequate processor and limited 1GB Ram struggled to cope. I should mention that I wasn't trying to run anything too big or complicated - I'm talking about 5-8 seconds to open a single browser window or the "My Documents" folder. This simply isn't acceptable for a brand new computer, even a basic and stripped-back Netbook.

Inevitably, as with a new computer, there were around 50 Windows updates to be downloaded and installed - but for some reason the EeePC was struggling to download any faster than a few hundred KB per second. I logged onto my laptop, tried downloading something over the WiFi - absolutely fine. Ran the broadband speed test on the laptop - still clocking in at 8MB/s. So the EeePC also seems to have trouble coping with downloading as well, though I'm not sure whether this was a separate WiFi card issue or just the EeePC's limited processor and RAM being unable to cope again. By the time the updates had downloaded, which took well over an hour, the EeePC then spent the next two hours installing them. Ridiculous.

Next, I looked online to see if there is anything I could do to speed the Netbook up - some forums suggest upgrading the RAM from 1GB to 2GB, but others note that this particular model of Netbook doesn't allow you to upgrade the RAM. In any case, I think it's ridiculous to expect users to buy a brand new computer and then have to upgrade the RAM to make it usable. I did read that getting a good SD card and using ReadyBoost might help speed it up - I did this and noticed a very slight improvement, but still nothing major. Definitely not a solution.

By this point, I started to really wonder whether the computer was worth keeping - and then seconds later the EeePC's touchpad freezes up and refuses to move. I tried several things, such as plugging in an external wireless mouse - which worked fine - but when removed the touchpad freezes again. Restarting the computer fixed this, but it wasn't long before it happened again. I gave up, and sent it back to Amazon for a 15.6" laptop with dual core processors and 4GB of RAM.

So, in summary, the EeePC X101CH looks great, is very light and a perfect size for easy transport. However, Asus have somehow succeeded in making a computer which has such limited RAM and processing power that it is unusable straight out of the box. I completely understand that Netbooks are meant to be stripped-back and basic and in no way as powerful as full-size laptops, but any brand new computer which immediately makes you feel like you are using a 10 year-old desktop which has never been defragmented has to go straight back in the box. Avoid, and spend the extra £100 to get a real laptop with decent RAM and processor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2013 3:26 PM BST

Creative WP-350 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Built-in Microphone
Creative WP-350 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Built-in Microphone

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but too big for "on-ear" and too small for "over-ear", 6 Aug. 2012
Bought these as I wanted to save myself from the tangle of earphone wires on my daily commute. Easy to connect, good sound quality (if a little quiet) but unfortunately had to send them back because, as a number of other reviews have noted, the size of these "on-ear" headphones is very strange.

The design of the padding around the cup makes it look as though the cups should cover your whole ear, but they are too small to do this and are in fact meant to sit on it; however, the cups are a bit big to comfortably sit on your ear and so result in the disconcerting feeling that they are constantly slipping off. This too big/too small "on-ear" design also appears to enhance the noise leakage, which isn't great for happy co-commuters. Unfortunately had to send these back and get the Philips SHB9100/00 which are excellent and a far more comfortable size.

Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White
Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/White
Offered by PineApple Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for wireless commuting, 6 Aug. 2012
Tired of having to untangle my iPhone earphones every time I take them out of my bag, I decided to try going wireless with a pair of Bluetooth headphones. I initially bought the Creative WP350 but found them a very strange size - they are "on-ear" headphones but are not large enough to cover your ears fully (and I think I have average-sized ears) and so feel like they are constantly going to come off. After sending them back, I've struck gold with the Philips SHB9100/00.

Initially, I was looking for a small-ish pair of headphones, or at least one that folds up neatly to better fit in my work bag. The Philips doesn't do that (though the phones do rotate sideways which makes it a lot easier to slip inside a bag) and while the photos make the headphones look quite big, I'd describe them as medium-sized - bigger than the Creative WP350 "on-ear" style but smaller than the full-sized over-ear cups you see on some really heavy duty headphones. For me, it's perfect - I don't have the feeling that they're falling off or not big enough as I did with the WP350s (and indeed far less sound leakage as a result) but they aren't too big - the cups are cushioned and feel very comfortable.

In terms of sound quality, a lot has been said about this already below. I'm no audiophile, but even I can recognise the difference between my iPhone earbuds and these - the sound quality is very impressive, especially for something which is connecting via Bluetooth and is powered by a battery.

The Bluetooth connectivity has so far been brilliant - very easy to pair with my iPhone 4S and hasn't lost connection yet.

All in all, an excellent purchase - these headphones have great sound quality, feel very comfortable and look expensive and stylish, and provide exactly the sort of wire-free commute I was looking for.

Chrome Credit Card Case/Holder
Chrome Credit Card Case/Holder

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a business card case, but does the job, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Chrome Credit Card Case/Holder
Needing a little case to keep a stack of my own business cards, I purchased this. It's larger than expected but the chrome finish gives it an expensive look. Inside, it becomes clear that it's more of a credit card holder as it comes with a little plastic wallet for cards - this isn't what I needed it for, so I simply removed the wallet which works well.

So, all in all, it's bigger than it needs to be and more of a credit card holder than a business card holder - but impressive and expensive looking, and one of the best options on Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3