Profile for A. Wilson > Reviews

The Big Questions: Physics
by Michael Brooks
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, want more, 16 Jan 2013
This is a great book about physics. It is quite short but that is the point. It is a great introduction to physics and whets the appetite to learn more. Great service as well.

Womens T-Shirt Chipmunk 5078SKBPM, Small
Womens T-Shirt Chipmunk 5078SKBPM, Small
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars She Loves It, 16 Jan 2013
Daughter loves this Chipmonk shirt. Fits her really well. The T-shirt is black as you can see but it washes really well, did not go out of shape or fade. Great service as well.

Touchlines Men's Shirt I Am Immune To Your Sarcasm
Touchlines Men's Shirt I Am Immune To Your Sarcasm
Price: 10.45 - 14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Touchlines, 16 Jan 2013
The item never arrived at my address - Touchlines sent me a rundown of the delivery tracking which proved this. Then they had the temerity to charge ME for the return postage which was three times cost of the original postage. Avoid Touchlines
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2013 10:53 AM BST

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 300Mbps Wireless N 4 Gigabit Port Cable Router (USB Port for Printers, Files or Media Sharing, EU plug included)
Price: 29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps dropping internet and WiFi, 25 Oct 2012
Bought this router because of cost, Gigabit Ethernet, USB port and fairly decent reviews here on Amazon.

Easy to set up and get running. However this router needs to be rebooted two or three times a week. It may be the wifi that goes down or the internet connection, sometimes both. Then it only share things off of the USB when it feels like it. Furthermore, even with three big aerials, the wifi strength is weak at best.

I have had enough of this (my old router was turned on and then turned off for this new one to take its place and worked without a hitch for four years straight) and have invested in a Western Digital MyNet N750.

Samsung 256GB 830 SSD SATA 6GBPS 2.5 inch Basic Kit
Samsung 256GB 830 SSD SATA 6GBPS 2.5 inch Basic Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars WHOOOOOOSH, 4 Oct 2012
I cannot beleive how much faster this has made my PC. Excel, Word and others open almost instantly and boot up is super quick.

It is silent. It is quick, It is good. Get one.

Wonders of the Universe
Wonders of the Universe
by Brian Cox
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Wonders, 21 April 2011
Another great book from Brian And Andrew. Follows the TV programme and is not too in-depth so a simpleton like me can follow it. A great water-closet read.

Car Fever: The Car Bore's Essential Companion
Car Fever: The Car Bore's Essential Companion
by James May
Price: 7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars No.1 book whilst taking a No.2, 7 Aug 2010
Excellent read when all you need is a quick story to while away the minutes taking a dump.

I have read all these stories in James' newspaper column but they were far enough in the past to warrant another read.

Fat (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Fat (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Rob Grant
Price: 5.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Fat, 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: Fat (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
I am sorry but I didn't find any funny in this book.

However I did enjoy reading it.

There were several sub-plots that didn't have a conclusion and one of the stories had no point.

Get it though, it's probably just me.

Dot Robot
Dot Robot
by Jason Bradbury
Price: 5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids., 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: Dot Robot (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book immensely. It's supposedly for kids, as I am 41 and male I probably fit into that category.

Two things spring to mind...

1. Jason - hurry up and release part 2
b. I only wish I could play with some of the 'toys' detailed in the book.

James May's Magnificent Machines: How Men in Sheds Have Changed Our Lives
James May's Magnificent Machines: How Men in Sheds Have Changed Our Lives
by James May
Price: 8.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Machines, 3 Aug 2009
Good book on the whole. Could have been a little more detailed but then I suspect that it's just a quick facts book.

Was a little annoyed at the references in the back, for me they should have been in the main body of the text as they were only one or two lines each.

Having said that I recommend this book to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2