Profile for Mr. I. P. Whiting > Reviews

Content by Mr. I. P. Whiting

Mr. I. P. Whiting "helzephron" (Cornwall, UK)

Good Morning, Vietnam [DVD] [1988]
Good Morning, Vietnam [DVD] [1988]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Total drivel., 10 July 2008
Am I supposed to find this guy funny or something? I attempted to watch the whole of this film, but ended up bearing the first hour only ... My favourite part? ... when the world most annoying man (Williams) finds himself punched by a GI in the bar. Maybe something meaningful happened in the second half, but I will never know because I was so irritated by the swell headed antics of the desperately unfunny lead character. I dedided to leave early.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2016 4:59 PM BST

Bulgaria (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Bulgaria (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by Paul Greenway

4.0 out of 5 stars A fair and comprehensive guide ...., 18 Sept. 2004
I have spent seven weeks this year in Bulgaria, and found the Lonely Planet guide both easy to use and fair minded. The section on the precipitously set,fantasically, beautiful town of Veliko Tarnovo (you must go to this place!) and its historic village neighbour Arbanasi was wonderfully accurate and helped us plan our 3 day stay with great success. (Even the guides explanation to the towns fantastic light show was uncannily spot on, even down to the description of the late arrival of those who had paid for seats!)
Maybe a greater amount of detail regarding the far Black Sea southern coast as far down as the lovely beaches at Sozopol on the Turkish Border, as well as more information on the beguilling Strandzha district would have helped, but perhaps somethings are best left undiscovered by (lots of) western tourists!
The accompanying commentary on the country as a whole was fair minded and thoughtful.... My Bulgarian wife even approved. The country is certainly is one of Europe's best kept secrets.