Profile for Salmac > Reviews

Content by Salmac

Salmac "Muso mare" (sussex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Price: 59.00

3.0 out of 5 stars great product but..., 23 Nov 2013
If you read other reviews they are pretty accurate. There are a couple of things people should be aware of past this products guarantee now that I and my partner have found as we approach our second year with one each.
Firstly, it is a very complicated process if you buy one as a gift and want to put some books on it. You automatically
Y have it registered as your kindle and on your account. It then takes time and additional hassle to have that kindle changed to anothers. Contact Amazon first and they will guide you seamlessly through the process.
Secondly, my partners kindle only has had use occasionally as real books are still the favourite at home. The kindle only being used for the odd train journey and holiday once a year which usually happen together except for approximately 3 journeys pet year. Now the WiFi does not work, circuitry failed and no downloads are possible. This means that a manual doiwnload of books via computer USB is the only way to add new books. If you ask Amazon how to fix it they advise it's not possible and offer you info on new ones.
So although my own kindle is still OK I expect it also to fail to download via WiFi soon as its only 2 months older.

Embroidered Ladies White Coat / Lab Coat (Chest size 46" / Dress size - 22)
Embroidered Ladies White Coat / Lab Coat (Chest size 46" / Dress size - 22)
Offered by Food Safety Direct Limited
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Nov 2013
This is a very good quality lab coat and a nice shape too. I was very pleased also that it was personalised with up to 16 letter in whatever colour thread you like. It looks very professional. As for the company themselves, they are a dream to correspond with. I got this lab coat from start of ordering to advising of lettering/thread colour to receiving it in 4 days (I ordered it on a weekend)this I think is very good service. It is well worth the money and I will be ordering another spare soon.

Soap Crafting
Soap Crafting
by Anne-Marie Faiola
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Soap Crafting (Spiral-bound)
I purchased this recently after a few other books. I learnt a lot from other soap making books on cold process, melt and pour and hot process and tried a few different recipes. I was now ready for effects and so I bought this book. It is a very good all round instruction book on how to make your own soap and has beautiful step by step photographic guides for things like swirling, layering, curls etc. It looks good and is spiral bound which makes it better for following the steps as you make the soap.
If you are someone who wants to make soap their craft I'd say this is right up your street. Even if you just want to make the odd bar of soap it is a lovely addition to your bookshelves to encourage even the most reluctant and non artistic person to try and succeed. Makes it seem simple and these results are really very achievable, but if you want more indepth details about the science and practicalities of soap making then get another book for that first.

Soap Maker's Workshop: The Art and Craft of Natural Homemade Soap
Soap Maker's Workshop: The Art and Craft of Natural Homemade Soap
by Robert S. McDaniel
Price: 13.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but, 31 Oct 2013
I think this is very good value for money and is very informative, clear instructions, good pictures and all you need to know to start making good soap. The only things which prevent it getting 5 stars for me is that it contains the majority of recipes using Tallow (animal fats) so not suitable for vegetarian or vegans, can be adjusted but only with research in replacement butter/oils and a re calculation accordingly of the saponification values for the replacement. Also, this is aimed at the American soap maker as it originates so need to convert into metric, and some terms are typically american. the DVD is of how to make a basic CP soap base. Its a useful aid and all in all this package is well worth the money to get you started once you make the appropriate adjustments.

Shef Electric Food & Fruit Dehydrator, Dryer Preserver Machine with Adjustable Temperature Control
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: 79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, 22 Oct 2013
I bought this as an additional to my much more expensive one. It in my opinion worked well and although food took a little longer than advised in the booklet to dehydrate and much longer than my other professional one but it did the job in the end. It is fairly quiet, although made with material not built to last what really can you expect for the money. I see since I bought it the price has increased but if you want the odd fruit etc dehydrating then its a not bad starter dehydrator. If however you want to regularly dehydrate food, are embarking on growing fruit and herbs etc to dehydrate and store or need it for more commercial purposes or on raw food preperation diet then do not buy this as it won't be able to cope. Buy a more expensive all purpose brand one from health suppliers. I have had it for a good while now, it has not burnt out but cannot cope with one dehydration programme after another and needs a rest in between batches. I did not expect it would last long for the money but I won't be upset as already had my moneys worth from it. Conclusion-It is not a cost effective outlay if you are already somone who regularly dehydrates food (see earlier comments)but if you want to try the methods out it is a far cheaper option to get you started.

Birki's Womens CUBA   BF DD Ankle multi-coloured Mehrfarbig (INDIAN PATTERN BLUE) Size: 5
Birki's Womens CUBA BF DD Ankle multi-coloured Mehrfarbig (INDIAN PATTERN BLUE) Size: 5
Price: 21.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic foot hugging sandals, 28 Aug 2013
Lovely, great design, great shape, sole very comfortable. They look and feel great on and with my bad feet I am so happy that I found sandals to ease my pain rather than make it worse. I truly love these. Size guide I bought a half size smaller and got the narrow fit as I have average width feet but with long toes and this suits me fine.

Handmade Soap - A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting Up Your VERY Own Business!-
Handmade Soap - A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting Up Your VERY Own Business!-
Price: 1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this, 28 Aug 2013
I love soap making and bought this with another book to start me off, it is a good beginners guide with nice soap recipes, tips and helpful guides to equipment, preparation etc. Give it a try

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Denby always good., 28 Aug 2013
I love this set, was not so keen on mug handle design but has grown on me now. I have the standard Halo sets for dinnerware but I use this for breakfasts. Great quality and nice fresh design. You get what you pay for with Denby and I have been getting them for years, won't change make just design now and then.

Premier Housewares Dotty Tankard Mugs, Set of 4, Teal
Premier Housewares Dotty Tankard Mugs, Set of 4, Teal
Offered by eShop Online
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 28 Aug 2013
Not much to say other than these mugs are a nice quality and designed well. Chunky and comfy to hold you can't say much more but a good value set

AcuLife TheraPED Pamper/ Stretch and Refresh Feet
AcuLife TheraPED Pamper/ Stretch and Refresh Feet
Price: 8.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too big but as described, 28 Aug 2013
Adjustable but still for those with very wide feet, absolutely useless if like me you have average sized feet. Quality wise they are good, if fitted me would have been comfortable but no way to adjust them small enough

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13