Profile for mr jigsaw > Reviews

Content by mr jigsaw

mr jigsaw "mr jigsaw" (Plymouth, UK)

I Love You But I'm Not in Love with You: Seven Steps to Saving Your Relationship
by Andrew G. Marshall

4.0 out of 5 stars A good guide, but needs both sides to be engaged!, 20 Jun. 2012
I bought this book after my wife of 5 years dropped the bombshell that she no longer was 'in love' with me. I'd known something was amiss for a few weeks, but the realisation that she felt so uncertain of her emotional connection to me that she sought comfort from a previous partner through email communication was devastating. Reading this book reassured me that I'm not alone - lots of people suffer this same horrible realisation.

I found it very easy to read (took only a couple of days reading on and off) and it contains lots of really useful reflective tools. However, the biggest problem with it is that to really work, it needs both parties to engage in the process. My wife has been reluctant to accept that, though she is sure she wants to find her way back to loving me, there is anything she can or needs to do to achieve this goal.

I'm pleased that she is now reading the book, and we will be working through it together. Whether it will work only time will tell, but it is a platform for us to work from. Worth a read for anyone who's trying to understand the starnge nature of love!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2012 11:23 AM BST

Case-Mate Barely There Case for HTC Desire S - Black
Case-Mate Barely There Case for HTC Desire S - Black
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesn't fit properly, 2 May 2012
I recently bought this as the pouch case I had been using started to fall apart. I read good reviews both on here and other sites, so thought it a no-brainer. How wrong could I be. This case doesn't fit properly, with the phone rattling loose inside. And yes, I did get the right cover for the phone!

My wife bought a third party version in the local market for a quarter the price and its fits snuggly without any rattle, so its very disappointing that the HTC original brand version doesn't.

Needless to say that I have returned it immeadiately.......

Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd/3rd/4th Generation, 2011-2012) Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a significant flaw still exists....., 20 April 2012
This is a great screen protector but it has a small yet significant flaw.

While application is easy, and I managed to achieve a bubble-free and dust-free installation without too much hassle, the cut-out for the home button is just, in my view, too small. This means that even when, as I did, lining it up perfectly, it is impossible to get the protector to stiock properly all the way around the circular edge of the button.

This leads to some unsightly lifting, which gets worse with use. I think that if the holde was maybe just a small distance bigger, it would make it much better and would not hinder the protection offered or the durability of the product.

For these reasons, I can't give it more than 3 stars, even though for the bulk of the screen it is great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2012 11:20 AM BST

Targus Back Cover for New iPad 3 Compatible with Apple Smart Cover - Black
Targus Back Cover for New iPad 3 Compatible with Apple Smart Cover - Black
Offered by SmartSalesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 20 April 2012
I'd share the views of one of the other reviews for this case - its great, does a superb job of protecting the iPad and is pretty decent to look at, but it does preclude the 80 degree stand-up position with the Apple smart cover from being used as its just a bit too unstable.

All in all though, a great product!

Russell Hobbs 18267 Regency Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18267 Regency Kettle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle and good value, but boil with bicarb of soda first!, 21 Dec. 2011
I spent a few days reviewing kettles across a variety of websites and originally chose this one - Russell Hobbs Deluxe Stainless Steel Kettle. However, on delivery, we found it was polished rather than brushed steel, so returned it. We then bought this one instead.

The first time we boiled it after the initial cleaning (they advise 3 boils and discards before using for drinks), the water was tainted with a strong plastic smell, making it too unpalatable to use. However, a boil and then complete cool of a full kettle with 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda resolved it and it now makes untainted tea and coffee etc.

I'd agree that it does rock around alot when boiling, but its pretty quiet and quick. Recommended.

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, but you might need to know this......, 13 Sept. 2011
I bought these to add to a two homeplug set of Solwise AV200 push variants I was already using.

I took a flyer that they would be compatible and gave it a goi, but to no avail. I couldn't get them to pair to the existing working Solwise ones. So I connected each to a laptop directly which was running the provided utility for managing them and did a full reset.

Hey presto, they worked straight away then, without even having to pair them to the existing ones (which I'm running with no security settings at present - defaults only).

Hope that helps anyone else!

Philips Nivea Coolskin HS8060 Moisturizing Rotary Rechargeable Shaving System
Philips Nivea Coolskin HS8060 Moisturizing Rotary Rechargeable Shaving System

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply superb, 25 Jan. 2008
This is my first foray into the electric shaver world, having wet shaved for 20 years. With sensitive skin, it has always been difficult to be convinced that an electric razor really could cut close without harming the skin.

Well, with the unique moisturising delivery system, this razor gets round that problem, and the razor itself shaves just about as close as is possible - closer even than the Gillette Fusion I had been using previously.

Add to the great shave the battery life and the ability to take it into the shower and this really is the complete package.

Highly recommended