Profile for anibani > Reviews

STM Bags Drifter Backpack for 15 inch MacBook/Laptops - Red
STM Bags Drifter Backpack for 15 inch MacBook/Laptops - Red
Price: 94.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed and comfortable, 11 Sep 2014
Comfortable and well-made. Pockets make it easy to organise things, not just electronics but quick access objects like tickets, keys, wallet, sunglasses. Mine is used for the daily work commute and fits a 13" laptop, ebook reader, papers, lunch, work out clothes, bike pump and occasional rain coat/umbrella. The bagarella (waterproof bag cover) has come in handy a few times too.

Only negative is that the fabric gets dirty easily. I would have preferred tougher water-resistant nylon. Instead this is a soft fabric with the water-resistant coating underneath and an internal polyester lining.

APPLE IPHONE 5C TPU SILICONE GEL SKIN CASE COVER (SOILD BLACK  PLAIN)
APPLE IPHONE 5C TPU SILICONE GEL SKIN CASE COVER (SOILD BLACK PLAIN)
Offered by MobySpares
Price: 2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars looks great, 21 Jun 2014
I like how this gave my iPhone 5C an all-black look. TPU is a great material, protective and has a smooth surface. Fit is good, although not perfect, I think it could be tighter because it shows a tiny bit of blue colour (my iPhone colour) on top above the screen.

Tucano 2nd Skin New Elements Sleeve for 13 inch MacBook Air - Red
Tucano 2nd Skin New Elements Sleeve for 13 inch MacBook Air - Red
Offered by anterize
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good fit for the MacBook air, 21 Jun 2014
Not too snug, but not too loose. 13" MBA slides easily. I like the mesh that protects the laptop from the zipper. It's a nice colour too. I didn't give it five stars because I think it could be better; for instance, if it had a handle or if the zipper opened three of the four sides.

JACK WOLFSKIN Iceguard Guard Ladies Jacket, Navy, M
JACK WOLFSKIN Iceguard Guard Ladies Jacket, Navy, M
Offered by Outdoor-Center-24
Price: 102.61

5.0 out of 5 stars very warm and light, 26 May 2014
Very warm, water-resistant, light-weight, machine washable. Kept me warm all winter. I also like that the waist can be tightened from an elastic cord inside the pockets to adjust fit.

Neo G MEDICAL GRADE Calf Support 'breathable design'
Neo G MEDICAL GRADE Calf Support 'breathable design'
Offered by Online Sports Support Store
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good support and compression, 26 May 2014
I use this when running in cold weather to keep my calves warm (which helped reduce incidence of shin splints). Also as compression for recovery. Does the job.

Miore Ruby Earrings, 9ct White Gold, Diamond and Created Ruby Studs, 0.02 carat Diamond Weight, UNI003E1W
Price: 61.92

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty but small, 9 Jun 2012
Make sure you look at the dimensions specified, these are very small but accurately described. They look of good quality.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars charging brick works well, but don't use the plug, 6 Nov 2011
The brick itself works fine, does the job with both my 2008 MacBook and 2011 MacBook Air.

But the plug it came with didn't fit the wall socket, it was a very tight squeeze. Also the ground prong is plastic, so there was no grounding using this plug. Luckily, I have some extra plugs that work with this brick perfectly. And the brick doesn't get too hot, just warm.

At 1/3 the price of a new power adapter from Apple, this is a good buy. But get your own plug (doesn't have to be Apple brand, you can get generic cables at Maplin or other hardware stores).

Contigo 21234 Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, Silver
Contigo 21234 Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, Silver
Offered by OOMPH
Price: 22.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Oct 2011
I received this as a gift 2 weeks ago, and it works really well. Just vent it for 2 seconds after you've closed it (to release air pressure from the hot drink) then you are good to go, the seal works very well, no spills. My travel in the morning consists of a bike ride, then train (which I'm usually running on the platform to catch). Ordinary travel mugs which must always be upright just won't do. This is perfect. Looks great too, and lack of a handle means it doesn't take up much space.

As far as keeping the drink warm, it does for at least an hour. Others claim longer, 1 hour is all I've tested.

Moshi ClearGuard 11 inch Thin Flim Solution for MacBook
Moshi ClearGuard 11 inch Thin Flim Solution for MacBook
Price: 23.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and very thin, 12 Oct 2011
It's not just to protect your keyboard but also the laptop's internals from spills and small particles. I like Moshi because it is very thin, nearly invisible. Typing feel is a little different (slightly dampened feel of keys), but this suits me.

I agree with the previous reviewer, make sure you buy the EU layout. Otherwise it won't fit.

This product was actually hard to find. Apple only carries the one for MacBook and MBPs. I'm glad that Amazon has this item (though not glad that they lowered the price right after I bought it).

Love story
Love story
by Erich Segal
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 3.02

5.0 out of 5 stars classic novel, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Love story (Mass Market Paperback)
Not sure what it is that brought me back to this short novel. I first read it and saw the movie in the 80s when I was an impressionable teen. I still enjoyed reading it today. There are interesting 60s antiquities - phone booths in dormitories, doctor-husband confidentiality instead of doctor-patient, and just the slang of the time/place. I also like Segal's description of the campus and university life. But mostly, I like "Love Story" because it is a simple, sincerely and beautifully written story of a young man falling in love and having parental issues. Great story that isn't embellished and great writing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3