Profile for RichGW > Reviews

Content by RichGW

RichGW

Gazboat Presta to Schrader Valve with O Ring "Free UK Shipping"
Gazboat Presta to Schrader Valve with O Ring "Free UK Shipping"

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 Aug 2013
Works with my car tyre inflator. Just what I was looking for. Simple but very effective. Would definitely buy again.

Roberts STREAM63i CD/DAB/FM Internet Sound System with iPod Dock and Record Facility
Price: 279.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but not quite five star, 22 Jan 2011
I bought this unit as a replacement for my aging and bulky hi-fi. I was looking for something with internet radio and an ipod dock. After looking at many other makes and models I decided on the Roberts Stream 63i. The thing that clinched it was the inclusion of a CD player. I decided that even though I have all my music in MP3 format I wasn't yet ready to take the step of completely abandoning CDs.

First impressions were good. The unit was a little smaller than I thought but this was due to not checking the measurements before I ordered it.

The internet radio was very easy to set up and it's a breeze to navigate the thousands of stations available. The sound is also great for a unit of such size. DAB reception is good and it picked up more stations than my previous system.

Having the ability to play all the music from my PC was an added bonus. Setting this up was surprisingly easy with Windows 7. I just had to click one option in Windows Media Player. I may be showing my age but it seems magical to have access to all the music on my PC by just switching on the PC and not having to touch it.

There were a few minor problems which I didn't expect when paying over 300.

The remote control doesn't always work when more than about 2m away. This isn't a big issue because you can't see the display from that far anyway but is annoying when trying to adjust the volume from distance.

When playing MP3s from a CD, SD card or USB you can't navigate by artist, album, track only by folder and track number. You can only see the track name when it is playing by pressing the info button. This makes it very hard to navigate and my original idea of getting a big SD card and putting all my music on it is now not an option. You can navigate by artist, album etc when streaming from a PC.

Another minor point is although it will work with the iphone it's not designed for it. You get a message when plugging in your phone to tell you that you might get some interference. On a new product at this price I'd expect something with an ipod dock to also work properly with iphones.

Overall this is a great product and very close to five stars. However due to the high price and minor niggles I can only give it four.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2012 1:46 PM GMT