Profile for WeeWelshman > Reviews

Content by WeeWelshman

WeeWelshman

Fantasy of Flight (The Tainted Accords Book 2)
Fantasy of Flight (The Tainted Accords Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Having read the first book which I enjoyed I was really looking forward to this one, 4 July 2015
Having read the first book which I enjoyed I was really looking forward to this one...and yes I loved this one to!

In the second book we meet some great new characters. I am still no further forward in guessing who the bad guy is apart from her mother and uncle, which I suppose is not a bad thing as I now have to wait until the 3rd book is published, 2016 from St Clare's blog...eeek!

For anyone who is looking to get swepted away in a fantasy then I would definitely recommend the Tainted Accords series.

Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords Book 1)
Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book and very well written too, 4 July 2015
Wow, what a great book and very well written too, I was really struggling to put it down at times! The story itself has some really lovely characters(and some not so!) they come across as being strong but at times vulnerable too. I love the way the story flows and am looking forward to reading the second book:)

The Bone Knife: A Short Story
The Bone Knife: A Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Aug. 2014
Really enjoyed the book, loved all the characters and I am looking forward to seeing where the story leads.

Out Of Step
Out Of Step

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book..., 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Out Of Step (Kindle Edition)
Generally this would not be the sort of book that I would read however I fancied a change so I thought I would give it a go.

I can't say that I liked many of the characters and felt that both the male and female characters were equally responsible for their situations they found themselves in, and on more then one occasion would just stick there heads in the sand and let the situation fester with out addressing it.

My only negative comment is that each couple's scenario's was basically the same and that as a couple they didn't give each other any support. I would of liked to see at least one of the couples supporting each other and making decisions together on how they were going to address situations with the children and perhaps sitting down with the children to explain that certain behaviour and rudeness is just not acceptable.

That said my favourite characters was Anna and her children, she found the strength to stand up and address an unhappy situation and in doing so moved on with her life, I only wish she had a happy ever after ending.

Fluid Tribal Bellydance, with Fayzah - Swirling Waves, Fierce Isolations, Hits & Breaks: Bellly dancing classes, Tribal fusion belly dance instruction [DVD] [ALL REGIONS] [NTSC] [WIDESCREEN] [2009]
Dvd ~ Fayzah

5.0 out of 5 stars Modernised belly dancing at it's best!, 10 Mar. 2011
I've only had this DVD for a few months, but I've been able to learn a fair amount from the movements.

I've been belly dancing myself for about 2 years now, and I wanted the DVD to help with my fluidity e.g wave movement of my arms etc - and it's definitely helped and has allowed me to build on my own technique and style.

The movements are easy enough to learn if you know what you are doing, however, if you have no experience you will find it hard to pick them up I feel.

I think that this DVD would be best suited for people who have been belly dancing themselves for at least 6 months or more.

The teacher Fayzah is a really good example of fluid belly dancing and the tribal style of belly dancing she offers is obviously different to the classical egyptian/arabic belly dancing that a lot of people will know of, but it still has its own sensuality and beauty and this is portrayed through tribal movements.

If you are looking for a more classical egyptian/arabic teaching then this DVD isn't for you, but if you are looking for something more up-tempo and dynamic then this is definitely one to add to your collection.

Kitchen Craft Expanding Stay Fresh Acrylic Bread Keeper
Kitchen Craft Expanding Stay Fresh Acrylic Bread Keeper

5.0 out of 5 stars See-through bread bin - how cool!, 26 Feb. 2011
When I first saw this I thought it was a bit of a gimmick really, who needs a see through bread bin, and it has holes in it, surely it won't keep the bread fresh with holes in it as previous bread bins have been completely sealed off.

Well my answers are nope it's not a gimmick, I think a see-through bread bin is cool and yes it keeps the bread fresh even with holes in it.

First of all it fits both sizes of loaves I bake at home, but I have had to make sure I use a little less yeast than before as I have had a loaf that was a little too tall for it, but it's no bother to take a bit of yeast out to make sure the loaves fit in it height wise.

Secondly it does what it is supposed to do and that is keeping the loaves fresh for the few days the loaf lasts!

The holes seem to allow enough air in to keep the bread fresh but not to allow it to go hard or start to go off too quickly.

And the fact it is see-through is great as it means you get to see you home made bread all the time, and also means that you can't forget to make another loaf it you only have a small bit left - unlike previous bread bins I have had where the loaf is shut away and I forget how much is left!

The best bit is that once you start using the bread you can shrink down the holder and therefore it takes up less space - genius!

The slicer guide that comes with it is good although I don't use it as I've been slicing bread for years, sometimes I make a wonky slice but I'm pretty good at keeping it straight.

I'm not sure why some people seem to have problems with the sturdyness of the product as I think it's just a case of being careful with it.

I didn't make marks on the slice guide with my knives as I was simply careful once I got to the bottom of the loaf when slicing it - and the rest is just being careful with it, yes its made from plastic and is quite thin, well just be careful with it then!

Overall a really great product, and something I see no reason for stopping the use of - old style bread bins have now been left on the junk pile!

Vicks Digital Stick Thermometer V900BFEU
Vicks Digital Stick Thermometer V900BFEU

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick it where you want it and know the temperature!, 26 Feb. 2011
I needed a thermometer because I'm doing a new fitness and eating regime and need to know my daily body temperature.

I wanted something small and easy to use and this fits the bill perfectly.

Straight out of the package I had no need to read any instructions, I stuck it where I wanted to read a temperature from (armpit) and pressed the button, waited a for it to take a reading (it beeps several times once it's done) and I was as happy as a squirrel in a nut orchard!

The read out screen is easily readable where ever you have it stuck, if you need to take it out with you it's small enough to go anyway you want to take it, and best of all if needed it is really easy to clean, just a quick wipe with a cloth and it's clean.

The design is really sleek and 21st century like I feel, it almost looks like some strange alien probe ... ahem, sorry, my star trek side coming out there!

Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook Cooling Pad
Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook Cooling Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is say on the tin!, 26 Feb. 2011
Once I realised that I needed a cooling pad for using my laptop to stop my legs getting hot when using it I jumped online and came straight to amazon to search for what I wanted.

I came across the Logitech N100 after a few clicks and never looked at another product, it looked perfect for what I needed.

When I received the item I was even more pursuaded it was perfect - it fits just right on my thighs, my laptop sits just right ontop of it and more importantly it does the job of cooling my laptop perfectly!

My laptop is an acer widescreen and although it overlaps a fraction on each side of the cooling pad, it's fine as the cooling fan hits the right spots to keep the laptop cool.

The cooling pad powers itself via the usb connection to my laptop and at first I thought the cooling fan would be rather noisy but it's barely audible and infact much less audible than the fan on my laptop when it kicks in - which incidently hasn't happened since I've been using the cooling pad!

Once I've been using my laptop for an hour or so I barely remember that the cooling pad is there, which is exactly what I wanted.

Overall definitely worth spending that little bit more on this, it's worth every penny!

Get Out While You Can - Escape The Rat Race
Get Out While You Can - Escape The Rat Race
by George Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars In a 9-5 job? Get out while you can!!, 12 Jan. 2011
I've just finished reading this book tonight - one word comes to mind, BRILLIANT!!!

The book is really easy to read, nothing overly complicated and most importantly it's motivating!

It's really got my mind buzzing with potential idea's to research and the best thing about them all, they are small enough to not cost the earth to start up - and even if they don't get off the ground I won't have lost an amount of money I'll miss.

A lot of the ideas mentioned in the book I have actually come across during my 10 odd years on the internet, but I've just not had them thrown at me like the author managed to in this book.

Get this as soon as you can, and then get out while you can!!!

Property Magic 2010: How to Buy Property Using Other People's Time, Money and Experience
by Simon Zutshi

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding magic makes it easy, 4 Aug. 2010
I've wanted to invest in property for a few years now, having read a number of Robert Kiyosaki's books and other property investing books, I've found that they've been a little complicated for me to get a full grip on the subject, however, Property Magic seems to have completely sunk in and I really enjoyed the whole book that I re-read it a 2nd time within a few days.

Simon really lays out the basics of investing in property in an easy to understand way and breaks it down to an easily managable system.

He explains the terms etc used in the industry and gives you plenty of ideas on how anyone can get on the investing in property ladder - at the end of the day if you want to get into property you will find a way.

Like Simon says in the book, magic from the outside seems all mystical and hard to understand, however, once you know the secret it all seems so easy - and this relates to property investing too, once you know the terms and what goes on it does all seem so easy.

A thoroughly enjoyable book and one I highly recommend to newbies and oldies to the investing in property scene!