Profile for Berghaus > Reviews

Content by Berghaus

Berghaus

Mirage Men: A Journey into Disinformation, Paranoia and UFOs: The Weird Truth Behind UFOs
by Mark Pilkington

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a *must read* !, 13 Oct. 2011
I bought this book a while ago and had it sitting on my shelf while I worked through some other books on my reading list (none of which I would I have given a 5 star review for). If I had realised what a fantastic read it was going to be I would have bumped it straight up the reading list.

This isn't just a good book about the genuinely mysterious subject of unexplained things seen in the sky, it's actually a really funny and gripping read, at times I wasn't sure if I was reading a book about UFO's or some sort of fictional spy thriller, except that Mark and John's trip to the US to attend a UFO conference and also meet the infamous government agent Rick Doty - is no piece of fiction.

Mark manages to navigate the difficult path between open mindedness and scepticism better than any other author I have ever read on this subject matter.

If you are interested in UFO's for any reason, and regardless of which side of the sceptical divide that you currently sit on - this book is a *must read*.

I don't know whether the theories laid out in Mirage Men about the extent of the intelligence community involvement in the UFO phenomena is close to truth or not but for those of us that don't feel comfortable with dismissing the subject, this is a welcome addition to the debate.

Make no mistake, this is not a debunking exercise - the heart of this mystery is as elusive and unexplained as ever but it does bring the debate back to a more rational place.

Well done Mark Pilkington, another well deserved 5 stars for you.