Profile for A Swede > Reviews

Content by A Swede

A Swede "swedishamazonshopper" (Germany)

Barbara Currie: Power Packed Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie: Power Packed Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Currie makes yoga enjoyable yet challanging, 9 Jun. 2007
I have tried yoga now and again, but could never really get rid of the feeling that it was boring. Since I liked the idea of combining strength and flexibility, and even meditation, I kept coming back to it though. I'm glad I did. I have been following Power Packed Yoga a couple of times per week for a little more than a month now, and this is actually a dvd that I long for (I also follow some other workout dvd:s). Currie usually repeats a position two times, so while she doesn't let you off the hook - you have to work it - it never becomes boring. She is also not afraid to introduce challanging poses, but always offer an option for beginners. While I follow the dvd I have - fun. And afterwards I just feel great; relaxed and at peace. And yes, I feel it in the legs the day after.

The dvd countains four programs, one morning engergizer, one with focus on balancing postures, one with focus on stretching, and a relaxing and calming sequence. It totals about 1½ hours.

A Dirty Dancing Workout
A Dirty Dancing Workout

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the music from the film, 7 Feb. 2007
This review is from: A Dirty Dancing Workout (DVD)
On the plus side: The workout really works up a sweat. And dispite having taken a couple of dance courses over the years I was not immediately able to follow everything (which I consider a plus, since a workout-dvd is probably something you plan to watch over and over again). The routine is really a mixture between aerobics and dance, it is quite nice.

On the minus side: The music! So important for you to enjoy either an aerobics or a dance lesson and really work it! At first I thought it was very bad, like someone put it together on the computer last night. Only a couple of times some melody from the film mixed in. After a while though I thought it was a little bit funny..

*Why* did they have to be cheap when it came to the music, it seams they were quite professional in all the other parts of the production... (And yes, of course I love the soundtrack of the film and was expecting to get at least some of it when I bought this dvd!)