Profile for WJ FOX > Reviews

Content by WJ FOX

WJ FOX (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Corel VideoStudio Pro X9 (PC)
Corel VideoStudio Pro X9 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious technical problems - avoid, 18 Jun. 2016
I bought this a few months ago. It worked fine, and was easy to use. Then recently, a Service Pack 3 update was released. After downloading this, I was unable to drag-and-drop video clips to the timeline, because the feature had been removed. Instead I got an error message when trying this, and the application crashed. This was reported by users on the Corel forums, along with various other technical issues. I tried a system restore, and it still didn't work. I eventually uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but then it didn't work AT ALL after that. I couldn't even launch it. Corel apparently released a hot fix, to solve the drag-and-drop issue, but users were STILL reporting crashes. I consider myself pretty experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to PCs and software, but I've pretty much given up now. It's ruined my ability to produce videos, at a time when I'm busy making a YouTube series. I'll never buy anything from Corel ever again due to their incompetence, and I urge customers to avoid this product.

SleepLife Sleep Eye Mask - Improved Sleeping - Contoured Design Fully Adjustable - Blocks Out Light - 100% Money Back Guarantee - Masks for Home,Travel,Meditate
Offered by KingscoteLife

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 Nov. 2015
Very comfortable and fits well. I love the silky smooth texture. Delivery was fast.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2015 9:38 PM GMT

Toshiba PX1626E-1HE0 500GB StorE Alu2 USB 2.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor lifespan - died within a few months, 12 April 2015
I don't recommend this at all. Mine was unable to handle large file transfers, and eventually just froze, after which it didn't work at all. I've since purchased a Buffalo MiniStation 500GB, which is perfect and doesn't have any problems, even after many months of use.

Komputerbay 32GB Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC Card with SDHC Adapter/USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Jan. 2012
Excellent product - I've been using this SD card for several weeks now and it's performed brilliantly. No problems at all. Delivery was also fast. I would use Komputerbay again.

London: The Biography
London: The Biography
by Peter Ackroyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating exploration of London's history, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: London: The Biography (Paperback)
Finally finished reading this last night ... all 800 pages. The size of this book can be daunting - but if you stick with it, it's easily one of the best books you'll read on the subject of London. Peter Ackroyd is a genius. I love his style and the way he describes the sights, sounds, smells, noises, crowds and atmosphere of London's streets, the legendary stories from its past, and its rise from a small Roman village to the capital of a global empire. This book is just packed full of historical events and fascinating tales about the bloody uprisings, plagues, fires, urban legends, famous criminals and other characters that have played a part in shaping London. The architecture, infrastructure and physical expansion of the city is also described in wonderful detail. You get a real sense of how the city evolved over time. Ackroyd did a TV series too. Highly recommended!

24: Season Six DVD Collection [DVD] [2002]
24: Season Six DVD Collection [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly outstanding drama, 27 Feb. 2011
I don't often write reviews, but on this occasion I feel compelled to do so - I simply cannot believe some of the negative comments from other Amazon reviewers! Season 6 is truly outstanding. I didn't find it repetitive at all. There is no "significant reduction in Jack Bauer's screen time" as claimed by another reviewer... were we even watching the same programme?! It is EASILY as good as some of the earlier series. If you love edge-of-your-seat drama, a tense and intriguing political storyline, thrilling action scenes, and brilliant character development, you won't be disappointed by this. I have no hesitation in awarding it 5 stars!

Brabantia Pedal Bin, 12 L - Matt Steel
Brabantia Pedal Bin, 12 L - Matt Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, high quality bin, 2 Sept. 2010
This is an excellent, high quality bin - very durable, stylish, looks great and is easy to use. Holds in odours too. I can't really fault it. Great value for money.

The Meaning Of The 21st Century: A Vital Blueprint For Ensuring Our Future
The Meaning Of The 21st Century: A Vital Blueprint For Ensuring Our Future
by James Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating look at the dangers and opportunities of the 21st century, 12 Oct. 2008
An utterly fascinating book... the best thing I've read in years.

I've been developing a strong interest in futurology, and this book is packed full of predictions, scenarios and warnings for what lies ahead in the 21st century. Practically everything you can think of is covered here - nanotechnology, genetics, climate change, overpopulation, poverty, disease, global trade, demographics, war, terrorism, computers and the Internet, AI, the exploration of Mars, transhumanism and mind uploading.

Martin writes in a clear, logical and persuasive style that is very easy to follow. This book is nearly 600 pages long, but I finished it within a couple of weeks.

Some of the predictions he describes are terrifying - it's clear that we face enormous challenges in the years ahead, and there's a very real chance that civilisation won't survive beyond the 21st century. We desperately need to learn how to manage our planet, its resources, and our relationships with the world's poorest countries.

One thing we can be sure about, is that we'll have to endure LOTS of changes over the next few decades.

Martin is an optimist though, and far from doom-mongering, he shows the many spectacular ways in which humanity could be transformed by the emerging technologies. But only if we learn to work together, control our resources, and minimise our impact on the natural world.

I would give this book 10/10, it's a real eye-opener and needs to be read by everyone... especially our politicians!

To quote Sarah Greenfield, Director of the Royal Institution: "On rare occasions, a special book introduces a vital new idea into the public consciousness. This is one of those books."

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, 31 July 2008
I have to agree with the previous reviewer. My flatmates and I spent over half an hour trying to set these traps up, but found it impossible - despite being ultra-careful, extremely gentle, and following the instructions to the letter. The "arm" which is meant to hold the trap in place is simply too short, and we kept trapping our fingers by accident as it slipped and went off before we could set it properly.

On the packaging, this product claims to be the most popular mouse trap in the UK, but I find that hard to believe somehow. This was a complete waste of time and money. I don't often give a 1-star rating, but this thoroughly deserves it. I will be trying one of those electric traps instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2008 4:19 PM BST

Belkin Blaster Canned Air 12 oz
Belkin Blaster Canned Air 12 oz

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - but rather overpriced, 3 May 2008
This has a very powerful blast, and does a great job of blowing all the dust, gunk and other debris out of your keyboard. However, the air was almost completely used up by the time I'd finished. It therefore seems a little overpriced at £5.30, especially when you add the postage and packing to the cost. It might be cheaper to buy a new keyboard altogether.

Another point to note is that the cannister gets EXTREMELY cold after a few seconds of use - enough to make your skin stick to the metal. Make sure you wear gloves, or hold it with a cloth when you're using it. Also, it needs to be used in a well-ventilated area.

Page: 1 | 2