Profile for GemK > Reviews

GemK

Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons
Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons
by Ellie Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a beautiful, delicious cookbook this is lifestyle cooking at its finest, 10 Jun 2012
It is very rare - actually a first in fact - that I can turn the pages of a cookery book and want to cook every single dish. This absolutely stunning book, styled to perfection, is an absolute must for anyone stepping foot inside a kitchen. The tone makes you feel like you are learning from a friend, with little amusing asides and suggestions that create the impression that there are three of you cooking together in the kitchen. The recipes are easy to follow yet produce sophisticated results. I don't want to compare to other cookery books because this is a unique style but it has the simplicity of Jamie yet with a showering of sparkle and just so much taste. I have never had so many compliments about my cooking. I also enjoy their emphasis on sourcing local and fresh produce, it's a gentle reminder for me to think about food in the context of community and the environment. Practically it is well thought out too, as it has a page holder flap on the front and back cover - very useful when jumping between recipes. It even feels luxurious, the pages are soft and velvety to touch. I'm pretty sure my cooking ability has improved over the past few weeks of reading Kitchen & Co too. So I suggest to anyone interested in cooking or not, buy this book, read it over breakfast each day and let French & Grace inspire your culinary talents to new heights.