Profile for Music Lover > Reviews

Content by Music Lover

Music Lover (Bedford)

Page: 1 | 2
Tigernu Large Waterproof Nylon Laptop Computer Backpack Fits 12.1-17 inch Laptops-Black
Offered by Heller Yee

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product ideal for work., 29 April 2016
Like most people today, I carried out a fair amount of internet research prior to buying this laptop backpack. Apart from having the space for the laptop and its peripherals, I needed space for paperwork, lunch and a kindle, plus the other little bits I carry for work. The bag provides plenty of space as other have said the slim compartment at the back holds my laptop snug, the next slightly large compartment holds all the power pack bits, lunch and other items either directly in it or in the three slip pockets, the next slightly slimmer compartment has space for paperwork or books or the items in the previous compartment if you need to carry a larger item, also pens and business cards. The front two pockets will hold a kindle or smaller iPad or book. In respect to the comment that the back pack is waterproof, this was tested last night as I was caught in a heavy rain shower for at least 20 minutes. On arrival home I was soaked to the skin but happily my laptop was dry, one point to note however when I checked the backpack this morning there was evidence of water ingress in the bottom of the two larger compartments. If the bag was dry it would have received 5 stars.

ECVISION Modern 24 LED Desk Lamp Table Lighting Toughened Glass Base USB/AC 110V-220V Power -Black
Offered by EC Vision EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 21 Oct. 2014
Handy little light for use next to a PC to provide a spash of illumination across the keyboard rather then an over monitor light unit. I think the image provided on the advert was slightly missleading, the multi light level is slightly puzzling also, turn on, turn off, no three levels of light.....

If you require a bright light to work at the PC, powered by the PC like I did then buy one today, if not look for another product.

Marware SportGrip Silicone Skin Case for Kindle Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the commuter, 2 Aug. 2013
This case is brilliant. I needed to buy a new Kindle as my last died from over use. As my first Kindle was one of the original models the case would not fit the newer model (now donated to a fellow Kindle user). Having had a case that covered the Kindle like a book cover I looked around for a similar case that would both protect the Kindle but also enable me to hold the Kindle in one hand and still operate the buttons, this was essential as I commute on a regular basis and have to stand on the tube more times then I like but tolerate this by staying engrossed in my book. I found it hard to find a suitable cover until I found the SportGrip, now I appreciate that it does not cover the front screen and slightly contridicts what I said before but I took the chance and have been pleased with my choice. The cover does protect the edges and buttons but still allows unhindered operation of all the buttons and does feel comfortable in your hand giving confidence whilst using the Kindle (even in a packed commuter train). I'm glad I brought this cover and would recommend it to everyone who asked.

The Neat Bread Slicer - a slicing guide which easily cuts even slices from a loaf using any bread knife
Offered by Neat Designs (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one to buy, 2 Aug. 2013
I have been baking my own bread now for a year or so, first with my superb Panasonic and then by hand. I, like many found the slicing aspect a small challange especially with the machine loaves, I had considered the range of plastics slicing guides that are dotted around the internet but was shy of buying one due to the reviews, however when I stumbled on to the Neat Bread Slicer things changed. I read all the reviews and was impressed at what I was reading, although I could see that a number of coments highlighted that the cost of this item was rather high I decided that I would go with the majority rule and purchase the slicer. What a great buy. I have now successfully sliced a number of loaves without any problems, each 'proper' slice fits the toaster, makes a good sandwich and keeps the family happy... result. So if your thinking of buying one do it, do it now and join the club of happy bakers.

8 PIECE BREAD BAGS FRESHER FOR LONGER 2 DIFERENT SIZES
8 PIECE BREAD BAGS FRESHER FOR LONGER 2 DIFERENT SIZES
Offered by dealsassured

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy item, 2 Aug. 2013
I have been using these bags for a few months now and find them ideal for keeping my home baked bread fresher for a few more days. The sizes are OK but I would prefer a ratio of 6 to 2 (more smaller bags). I have had most of the smaller ones in my last pack splt down the side seam on opening so be prepared to tape them up. Hopefully these was a one off as I have two more packets. If its a repeat performance then they will all be going back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 6:42 PM GMT

Little Book of the London Underground
Little Book of the London Underground

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining little book, 23 April 2013
As a regular commuter on the underground I found this book very entertaining and full of interesting facts about something that I just sit on and travel to work. Now armed with an array of useful information I occassionally now look out for the odd bit of the underground that I read about. Buy it, its fun.

Men in Green
Men in Green

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest account of history, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Men in Green (Kindle Edition)
I brought this book after reading an article in my local paper about the author who resides in a nearby village. Having an interest in the history of warfare, I wanted to experience the 'personal touch' of this brave man who went to the edge of hell and came home. The book is well written (apart from the odd typeO) and describes the day to day life for the troops who gave their all for their country during this conflict. The honesty and at times graphic account only brings admiration to the gent who's words were used to contruct this interesting book.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 23 April 2013
I brought this book on the recommendation of a fellow Kindle reader at work. I found it a very enjoyable read with a constant laugh throughout. The story is put togeather well and keeps the reader entertained from the front to the back. if your need a little bit of humour in your day start with this book.

Fulton Jumbo Open & Close Umbrella Black
Fulton Jumbo Open & Close Umbrella Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Coverage, 23 April 2013
I had to replace an old Fulton that had given its best but communting in bad weather finally did it in. I choose this 'jumbo' as I wanted greater coverage and now I have it because this baby is big. The rapid deployment can scare small children but it amusing to watch others admire the way it opens up. The canopy is large and may cause problems when used in a busy area unless you are blessed with height and can simple lift it above the heads of the others charging by. Well worth considering.

RAC 80010 Telescopic Snow Brush and Scraper
RAC 80010 Telescopic Snow Brush and Scraper

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy clearing, 23 April 2013
Having spent many a 'snow fall' stretching to clear the top of my cars I thought this would be good and I was right, effortless car clearing and easy window scraping without the typical shower of ice over your cloths.

Page: 1 | 2