Profile for J Lagarde > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House) [DVD] [2014] [NTSC]
Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House) [DVD] [2014] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Dream Theater

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality production by the prog metal kings., 29 Sept. 2014
Yet again, Dream Theater push the limits of awe with another astounding live DVD. From the song choices to the lighting everything is there to blow your mind. One such song to do this is "Illumination Theory" which is the first time we hear the orchestra and believe me when I say that it's absolutely astonishing. The mixing in some tracks leaves a little to be desired but overall the sound balance is good with no instrument being left behind.

If you're a new fan or a long term supporter of Dream Theater then this DVD is for you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 9:18 PM GMT

Metropolis 2000:  Scenes From New York [DVD] [2003]
Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Dream Theater

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another brilliant release from the best progressive metal band on planet ..., 13 Sept. 2014
Yet another brilliant release from the best progressive metal band on planet earth! I bought this to watch as evidence for my dissertation on why "Scenes from a memory" was the most influencial album in my musical career. The video and sound quality is great and I love the extra bonus features on the DVD. The commentary track was really helpful in my essay and I achieved the highest mark possible. So all I can say is THANK YOU for this DVD, Dream Theater.

Wellcoda | Cat Kitty Cute Kitten Mens NEW Animal Pet Black Long Sleeve T-shirt XL
Offered by wellcoda

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fitting shirt, 13 Sept. 2014
I really like this shirt. It fits as expected and has a well-printed design on the front. My cat loves it too!

Nalgene Wide Mouth Bottle - Glow Green, 1 Litre
Nalgene Wide Mouth Bottle - Glow Green, 1 Litre
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bottle for everyone!, 13 Sept. 2014
This is a great bottle for anyone to use. It's incredibly robust and the lid fastens really tight to avoid any leakages. The glow-in-the-dark version that I ordered is in a really attractive colour and really does glow, but not too much so that it's harsh on the eyes. If you're currently looking for a new bottle to buy, you've found it. Click order now!

Deluxe 25mm padded Bass Guitar Gig Bag Full size
Deluxe 25mm padded Bass Guitar Gig Bag Full size
Offered by Dangleberry Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case I've ever used., 13 Sept. 2014
I've had this case for my bass guitar for over a year now and I can safely say that it's the best case I've ever had. The padding is really thick and soft, the zips are robust and easy to move and grip, the pockets on the front are huge and the handle and straps are really comfortable to hold/wear. I use this case pretty much every day and it's still in the same condition as when I bought it. I can tell that I will use this case for many years to come.

VIBOX Sharp Shooter Package 7 - 4.0GHz Quad Core, GTX 750, 1TB, 16GB, Extreme, Online, Gaming, Gamer, Desktop PC, Computer Full Package with Windows 10 Operating System, WarThunder Game Bundle, 22" Monitor, Gamer Headset, LED Keyboard & Mouse Bundle and Neon Red Internal Lighting Kit PLUS a Lifetime Warranty Included* (4.0GHz AMD Quad Core Processor, 1GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Graphics Card PSU, 1TB HDD Hard Drive, 16GB 1600MHz RAM)
Offered by Vibox Ltd
Price: £1,049.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bundle - highly recommend., 29 Sept. 2013
I ordered this computer as I needed one for college and also for PC gaming. The order arrives in 2 boxes, one with the monitor and the other containing the tower, keyboard, mouse, speaker set and a box with all the discs and manuals for the individual component parts. The system is very well packaged but is also easy to remove from the foam inserts. I set up the entire system within about 15 minutes. The quick setup guide states that there's a Windows 8 activation key printed on the side of the tower, however, mine wasn't there. This was quickly resolved in a call to Vibox customer support where they sent out a Windows 8 boot disk and activation key along with a USB WiFi adaptor which was also missing from my order. If your system has the same problem as mine, don't worry, you can still use the computer without activating the OS. The case itself has lots of bright blue LED's which look amazing in the dark. Please bear in mind that when plugging in your monitor(s), use the ports for the graphics card and NOT the standard ones attached to the motherboard as these are disconnected.

Pros:
- Fast delivery; I ordered it on Friday and received it the following Thursday.
- Easy to set up.
- Very good value for money.
- Very good price for the components inside.
- PC is quiet and runs at pretty low temperatures.
- Brilliant UK customer service.
- Tower looks beautiful and powerful.
- CPU and GPU works well with a lot of the current games and software.
- Comes with a year's free BullGuard security subscription - UPDATE THIS ASAP AS THE VERSION PROVIDED (12) ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8

Cons:
- You should probably invest in better speakers as the ones provided don't give very good sound quality.

Items included in this bundle:
Monitor:- AOC E2250SDA 22 inch Full HD 1080p Widescreen LED Monitor - Black (1680 x 1050, 250 cd/m2)
Keyboard and mouse:- Gigabyte KM6150 Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse Set
Speakers:- Genius SP-S110 100W Speakers - Black
Antivirus:- BullGuard Internet Security 12, 1 year subscription, 3 Users (PC)
Operating system:- Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version

In conclusion, a very good system for the money and if you're struggling to choose between 2 companies, go with VIBOX!

Hal Leonard Bass Method: Complete Edition
Hal Leonard Bass Method: Complete Edition
by Ed Friedland
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to better your technique., 25 Sept. 2013
I'm currently in college doing a BTEC Higher National Diploma course in music with bass as my first instrument. This book is not just for beginners as some reviews might say. We are using this book to learn better fingering techniques and sight reading skills. This book takes you step-by-step through all the stages needed to advance your playing skills and techniques.

I recommend this to any aspiring bass players.

SUPER COMFORT PADDED GUITAR OR BASS STRETCH STRAP BY CLEARWATER gsws
SUPER COMFORT PADDED GUITAR OR BASS STRETCH STRAP BY CLEARWATER gsws
Offered by Really Useful Music Company (RUMC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable bass strap., 25 Sept. 2013
I purchased this product for use on an Epiphone Thunderbird IV Series bass and I have to say, this strap is perfect for both private practice and live performance.

Pros:
· Very comfy on the shoulder for any sustained playing as it's made of thick foam.
· Reduces the neck-dive on my very heavy instrument which is a must when performing live.
· The ends of the strap are made of genuine leather; this gives it a high quality feel.

Cons:
· It's quite difficult to fold up into a small enough size for some gig bags. While this isn't a problem for me, others might find difficulty transporting this strap in a thin and flimsy gig bag.

In conclusion, I would recommend this to anyone who performs live or just needs a comfier strap for their instrument.

Rockschool Bass - Grade 6 (2012-2018)
Rockschool Bass - Grade 6 (2012-2018)
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another quality RockSchool product., 25 Sept. 2013
I ordered this as part of my HND Music course alongside Grades 4 and 5. The books arrived in pristine condition with fully functional CD's. I was also surprised by just how quick the delivery was as I purchased them on the 18th and received them on the 20th.

Would recommend to any bass player wanting to better their skills and playing technique.

Rockschool Bass - Grade 5 (2012-2018)
Rockschool Bass - Grade 5 (2012-2018)
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality RockSchool book., 25 Sept. 2013
I ordered this as part of my HND Music course alongside Grades 4 and 6. The books arrived in pristine condition with fully functional CD's. I was also surprised by just how quick the delivery was as I purchased them on the 18th and received them on the 20th.

Page: 1 | 2