Profile for bevn > Reviews

bevn "bevn100"

Hidden Treasures
Hidden Treasures

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear 😩, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Kindle Edition)
Terrible writing, bad spelling, weird product placement habit and really not sure why the publishers didn't employ a proof reader!!!

Brain Tumours: Living low grade
Brain Tumours: Living low grade

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing honest, 3 Jan. 2015
As the mother of a young man diagnosed with a grade 2 astrocytoma 2 years ago I found this book was like reading our own story. My son says he feels great most of the time but like he has a time bomb in.his head just waiting to go off. Because he is and looks so well people assume the tumour has gone away!! If only! There was lots of practical advice and information I hadn't come across before. A very informative and useful book.

Missing You
Missing You

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible:(, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Missing You (Kindle Edition)
I wish this had been better. It was so predictable and what's with explaining every mundane thing in such detail.

Yes, Mama
Yes, Mama

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Yes, Mama (Kindle Edition)
Was ok but it seemed to run out of steam towards the end and was a bit of a flat ending.

Spider's Web: A Collection of All-Action Short Stories
Spider's Web: A Collection of All-Action Short Stories

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistencies in the very first paragraphs!, 27 Aug. 2013
I know it's probably being picky but in the first story the guy states he has duct tape over his mouth so can't shout even if he wanted to then in the next sentence is shouting for help. Bad writing, no excuses!!

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love Book 2)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Feb. 2013
It started out ok but went downhill fast. Very predictable, and I felt the ending was rushed. She seemed to run out of ideas so just ended it abruptly and weirdly.

Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance
Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance

1.0 out of 5 stars Moan, moan, moan, moan!!!, 6 Feb. 2013
Read the first 2 chapters and deleted straight off my kindle. I know that being a paramedic/ambulance technician is a very demanding job.( I have family in this role) But, it was just rant after rant. No wonder the disclaimer at the beginning stated it was not the view of the ambulance service.
If you hate your job that much leave and get something else!

Scissor Sisters
Scissor Sisters
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!!!!!!!!!, 14 July 2004
This review is from: Scissor Sisters (Audio CD)
I first heard Scissor Sisters on TOTP when I recognised the lyrics of Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd are my favourite band) but not the arrangement. I was hooked and immediately bought the album and was then lucky enough to see them live at the Birmingham Academy. What a show!!!! If you can get to see them live then do it NOW. There isn't one bad song on the album but my favourite has to be "Take Your Mama Out". The perfect disco divas dance tune. A MUST HAVE FOR ANYBODYS RECORD COLLECTION.

Doing it
Doing it
by Melvin Burgess

2.0 out of 5 stars More talking about it than doing it, 21 May 2003
This review is from: Doing it (Hardcover)
Although I had seen some of the adverse publicity surrounding Doing It I was determined not to let it affect my opinion. Although the idea behind the story is a good one, the way it is written is questionable. Lots of swearing and sexual references don't make up for a bad story. Unlike Junk which also touches upon a delicate subject this one seems to have been written to shock and not to show off his writing skills. I'm not quite sure who this is aimed at but under 16's would just giggle and over 16's would be bored. In his attempt to be "cool" Burgess is in danger of alienating his target audience.