Profile for Jo Dodds > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Heretic's Daughter
The Heretic's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this, 26 Feb. 2015
I love historical novels and really enjoyed this one, especially not knowing much about the Egyptians. It was compelling, and kept me wanting to read on across chapters, which is not always the case with this genre. I read a similar book set in Turkey a few months ago, I'll have a look and post the name here.

Fitflop Women's Walkstar III Sandals, Red, 7 UK
Fitflop Women's Walkstar III Sandals, Red, 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Look good but not so comfortable, 27 July 2014
These look good although the shiny bit looks a bit plastic. I bought another pair of fit flops a while ago that were extremely comfortable from the word go (they are the ones with a heel strap) but these have a toe post that are quite stiff and they rubbed. I like them enough to persevere though!

The Diddakoi
The Diddakoi

5.0 out of 5 stars As lovely as I remember, 16 July 2014
This review is from: The Diddakoi (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after something reminded me of the tv programme Kizzy, which was based on the book. I read it with my 7 year old daughter and she loved it. She's only sad that there isn't a second book, so we're trying another one by Rumer Godden, the author, instead.

Fitflop Womens Suisei Thong Sandals 306-094 Pebble 7 UK, 41 EU
Fitflop Womens Suisei Thong Sandals 306-094 Pebble 7 UK, 41 EU
Offered by Branded Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these - so comfortable!, 13 Jun. 2014
Really impressed with these shoes.

They fit perfectly and were comfortable from the beginning and bearing in mind I was walking a good mile the first time I put them on I think that's a good sign! Thinking the other colours would be good too. Wish there was a red version.

Winner Takes All: Seven-and-a-half principles for winning more bids, tenders and proposals
by Scott Keyser

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, really helpful and enjoyable read, 9 April 2014
This is the sort of book that I'd feel like I should read but that I would expect to have to plough through in between reading more compelling books! However, this is really well written and entertaining in many places as well as extremely useful with very clear, pragmatic, step by step instructions. If you are trying to win business whether through formal tendering or through more informal written proposals, this is a must read.

I'd like to see a Kindle version although I appreciate that the tables, charts and general notations in the text may be less powerful in that context. I think I'd probably want both - for mobile reading but also reference on my desk!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 11:15 AM BST

RED IPOD TOUCH 5 5TH GENERATION LEATHER FLIP CASE SKIN COVER POUCH + SCREEN PROTECTOR + POLISHING CLOTH & TOUCH SCREEN STYLUS By Connect Zone®
Offered by Connect Zone®

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 9 Feb. 2014
The cover is fine, and works well but was grubby when it arrived. I've managed to clean it up a bit but it's not great. It was for a Christmas present so just had to go with it as it was a late purchase. A bit disappointing though.

The Paleo Primer: A Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally
The Paleo Primer: A Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, really practical and tasty, 6 Feb. 2014
I'm a fan of the authors' podcast and so far I'm loving the recipe book. Really practical, easy and very tasty food that's really good for you with great research behind it.

Check out their famous scotch eggs!

The Salt-Stained Book (Strong Winds Trilogy 1)
The Salt-Stained Book (Strong Winds Trilogy 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 29 Jan. 2014
Really looking forward to reading this again with my daughter who is a Swallows and Amazons fan, and maybe her Daddy should have a read too as a dinghy sailor! Really lovely read although some painful parts of the story too. Ingenious children!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 10:11 AM GMT

Engage!: Your Step By Step Guide To Creating A Workplace That You, Your Co-Workers, and Your Customers Love!
by Karin Volo

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Employee Engagement Thoughts and Ideas, 6 Dec. 2013
I enjoyed reading this book and learning about tips and strategies from some of the most amazing companies. With a specific interest in employee engagement this is definitely a book for my list of recommendations. I like the pragmatic advice and suggested actions that are drawn out throughout the book. It's always helpful to read about real companies and case studies when looking at the people side of business and there are some high profile companies in this book as well as some smaller less well known examples. Well worth checking out if you're a leader, manager, HR professional with an interest in excellence in people leadership and engagement.

Invisible Giants Changing the world one step at a time
Invisible Giants Changing the world one step at a time

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, thought provoking, warm and extremely readable, 16 Sept. 2013
This book is powerful, inspiring and challenging and yet it is actually a very easy read. And by that I mean, it trumped my bedtime fiction and kept me hooked unlike many non-fiction texts I've forced myself to read over the years!

The writing is beautiful and the stories are amazing, touching and emotional and yet there is humour in there too, often in some very challenging situations.

I'd thoroughly recommend this book regardless of who you are and what you do; it's great for leaders and business people and it's an enjoyable, thought provoking read for others too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3