Profile for Mrs. D. M. Reynolds > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. M. Rey...

Mrs. D. M. Reynolds "DMC"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing story, 22 July 2014
Read after seeing the film and enjoyed just as much. What a pity that no one really knows what happened to Solomon after his return to his family.

Delphi Complete Works of L. M. Montgomery with the Complete Anne of Green Gables Books (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant collection, 22 July 2014
Fantastic to find all the Anne books plus more all in one collection. I have been paring down my physical book collection due to space constraints and was very reluctant to get rid of my 'Anne' Books, even though they were literally falling to pieces. Fascinating to read other works by L M Montgomery, although by the end, I felt I had had a surfeit.

The Blythes are Quoted
The Blythes are Quoted

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 22 July 2014
As a fan of Anne Shirley since I was 9, I was thrilled to find yet another book with the Blythe family. It was slightly disappointing for me then that they were only mentioned occasionally, apart from the poetry readings. Anne's personality seemed somewhat flat and parts of the book were very dark. Not what I was expecting.

Sunagor 9-45x21 Micro Zoom Binoculars
Sunagor 9-45x21 Micro Zoom Binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed, 22 July 2014
Bought as a present for my fiance. Great little pair of binoculars for the money. Small. light but powerful. Very good value.

VICTORIA'S SECRET PURE SEDUCTION EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 30 ML
VICTORIA'S SECRET PURE SEDUCTION EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 30 ML
Offered by afrocosmetics4u

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 22 July 2014
I purchased this after smelling it on a work colleague. I should have known better. It smelt dreadful on me and gave me the most awful headache.

Invision® iPad 2 3 & 4 Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 2 3 4 Cover Red)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

Treblinka: A Survivor's Memory
Treblinka: A Survivor's Memory

5.0 out of 5 stars Indomitable, 22 July 2014
Truly is the will to survive the strongest in those who suffer the most. There are those of us of a certain age who can never imagine the horror that the Third Reich served up and I hope we never will experience anything like it again. Chil Rajchman's story is a testament to his spirit and a memory to those who didn't survive.

Red Sky at Sunrise: Cider with Rosie, As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning, A Moment of War

5.0 out of 5 stars I was first introduced to Cider With Rosie as a ..., 22 July 2014
I was first introduced to Cider With Rosie as a set book for O'level and never looked back. Laurie Lee writes so evocatively of his early years. His description of time and place is extremely vivid - I can almost see and hear the place in which he grew up. a coming of age book for teenagers and adults alike.

The Flowers of the Field (Flower Trilogy Book 1)
The Flowers of the Field (Flower Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another old favourite, 22 July 2014
I first read this in 1982 and wore out my first copy as I loved it so much. I'm glad to see it's now available as a kindle download because, as mentioned in another review, I'm having to downsize my physical book collection. I loved the story of this family from the stolid Aubrey to the wayward Dulcie and sensible Thea. Well worth a read, especially in this year, the centenary of WW1.

It's Only a Few Pills
It's Only a Few Pills

5.0 out of 5 stars Prescription for relaxation, 22 July 2014
As an ex pharmacy technician I appreciated the humour and the day to day experiences related by the author. Very funny and worth reading for a bit of light relief.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3