Profile for Yogi > Reviews

Through the eyes of a child
by Chris Tuck
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank and uplifting, 19 May 2014
Chris tells it how it is, it ain't pretty, but it's heartwarming how she tells of how she has not just survived, but thrived inspite of such a traumatic childhood. As a school teacher Chris has generously given her time to tell her story in person to hundreds of local teens. She really opened my eyes to both the prevalence and the effects of childhood poverty. Undramatic tone shows Chris's genuine wish to help,

To Sir With Love (Vintage Classics)
To Sir With Love (Vintage Classics)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't,t believe I hadn,t read it previously, 17 April 2014
My life As a youth worker, lecturer and teacher had perhaps been influenced by the film I watched as a child. The book brings to life both the joy of teaching, and the horror of racial discrimination. Inspiring read for teachers, and all who work with teenagers.

Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Price: 5.98

4.0 out of 5 stars feminism for today, 4 Jan 2014
I wouldn't,t have described myself as a feminist but I fit Sheryl,s definition of seeking equality. Certainly want my daughter, son and husband to read it. Only four stars as repetition was distracting, worried that the tone will stop the principles from being heard.

Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive, emotive and informative, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Hummingbird (Kindle Edition)
Deborah's conversational style immediately drew me in to the depths of emotion she's travelled. The harrowing details of HD left me agog at how a family could have held it together through lows. The Humming Bird tells you what Deborah has learnt about herself through her experience. It is a soulbaring, no it's not written like a novel, no it's not poetic prose but her voice and soul is clear. Well done to her for finding her voice and telling the HD story as well as her own.

What I Wish I Knew about Nursing: Real Advice from Real Nurses on How To Deeply Care for Patients While Still Caring For Yourself
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, made me wonder why I hadn't become a nurse, 5 July 2013
Although this collection is aimed at nurses I thoroughly enjoyed it as a non nurse. I shall take if to school for my students to read.

Better Eyesight without Glasses
Better Eyesight without Glasses
by W.H. Dr. Bates
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well it worked for me!, 10 Mar 2013
just a fortnight of reading and practising and I am back reading without glasses. I was first recommended this book as a bookseller soem 30 years ago so whoever you were thank you now I am 52 I appreciated it very much when my optician told me I didn't need a new presciption and to keep doing what I had been doing.Good luck to you too!

Bodies The Exhibition
Bodies The Exhibition
by Premier Exhibitions

5.0 out of 5 stars glossy catalogue shows it all, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bodies The Exhibition (Paperback)
yes this glossy catalogue if the one to buy A4 format gives plenty of detail without the smell of the amazing exhibition.

Low Gi Belly Fat Diet - The Flat Belly Action Plan
Low Gi Belly Fat Diet - The Flat Belly Action Plan
Price: 5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars great GI in a nutshell, 25 July 2012
well explained so you can understand how GI works, and why you really don't want to eat sugary foods, and how to eat to satisfy your hunger.

Journey Through Europe A travel game of strategy and planning for all the family

4.0 out of 5 stars great travel planning game, 20 Jun 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Definitely not a toy. Sharp pointed map pin. Easy to understand, enjoyable game of luck and skill. We came across it in a holiday home in Italy and had many happy evenings with our teenage children arguing over the best routes. The one purchased had hardly been used.

Perfect Love
Perfect Love
by Elizabeth Buchan

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsettling but unsatifying, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Perfect Love (Paperback)
No I wasn't expecting rampant romance, but perfect love was flawed for me. Couldn't quite see the characters, maybe not her best.

Page: 1 | 2