Profile for Chris Peacock > Reviews

Breville VKJ366 Black and Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ366 Black and Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
Offered by elevenfirst

2.0 out of 5 stars Are all kettles crap nowa days?!?, 7 Jan 2014
I must say that to be fair I bought 3 upright kettles before giving up with this one (Breville VKJ366 Still Hot Kettle). I actually bought it from Argos but I couldn't review it there so I thought I would do it here instead.

What I found is ALL three upright (tall) kettles I tried:

1. over boiled - can somebody tell me why they do this? This one was actually the best at over boiling by 8 seconds - yes I counted it just because I was so stunned. In an age of advanced technology in a world were we need to save energy a 3kw kettle cant stop when it boils?!?

2. leaks water from spout when pouring :( but only a bit.

3. Taste weird but I think this is just according to what you are used to - i.e. if you are used to plastic metal tastes weird and vice versa - this kettle has both metal and plastic :P .

I would appreciate if someone could tell my why they over boil like this especially as my old kettle turned off about 1 second after boiling temperature :( !? And the stay hot red light feature is useless for me - I always boil what I need and putting more just in-case someone needs in in the next 30 mins seems pointless (3 of us in my house)!

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64 bit OEM, FQC-05955
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64 bit OEM, FQC-05955
Offered by Aqua Reefer

2.0 out of 5 stars Windows eight was a crap idea, 11 Sep 2013
I needed to upgrade as I need to be future proof but since I have had windows 8 I have come to realise how bad it is against windows 7. I just want the option to be able to use the old desktop way - I am a worker with no touch screen for god sake! The start menu is not as useful than my desktop so it just becomes useless. They seriously need to separate the two navigation systems and make the start menu app way way better - I have used email and a few others - all very badly made - almost no usability few options - I have to stick to the old progs like windows live - which isn't perfect either :( . Very disappointing at least Microsoft seem to be bringing out a new update and changing the CEO - hopefully for the better :S !

EDIT : have to say the free update of 8.1 makes this Windows worth getting now but still not amazing I would place it just under 4 stars.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch - but big!, 11 Sep 2013
Top notch design and reliability - cant get better than this - I suppose the only thing is it will be bloody hard to get to my RAM now :S but the the price you pay for pushing things. Maybe they could come up with a detachable parts version for RAM accessibility - I am sure people would pay good money for that!

UP IN THE AIR BALLOON STRIPE KIDS LUXURY FULLY LINED CURTAINS SET 66" X 72" NEW
UP IN THE AIR BALLOON STRIPE KIDS LUXURY FULLY LINED CURTAINS SET 66" X 72" NEW

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - but thin., 19 July 2013
Great curtains a bit on the cheap side and thin so not much light blocking but does the job and look very nice.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work on windows 8, 19 July 2013
I have to give this 1 star just because tp link have posted a windows 8 driver but it plain does not work when everything else is working on my PC. See here : [...] now they call it a beta driver and its been a beta driver since it came out on the 30th of December last year! Seriously a big company that doesn't update it drivers for new systems - crap! I even emailed them highlighting this problem back when I bought this item and they ignored me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2013 4:19 PM BST

Plugable USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - I had some problems but they were all nothing to do with the product in the end..., 30 April 2013
I had some problems but they were all nothing to do with the product in the end. A guy helped me from pluggable (excellent service) beyond what he needed to do in the end the problems were to do with windows 8 and my PC hardware...

Phil & Teds Snuggle & Snooze Sleeping Bag in Black-Charcoal
Phil & Teds Snuggle & Snooze Sleeping Bag in Black-Charcoal
Offered by HebammenShop Rundum | Babyzeiten GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 18 April 2013
Used it a bit now and found it to be exactly what I want with my navigator buggy - cosy adaptable - well made. I don't know if there is an option but maybe a water proof outer layer would be nice...

Phil And Teds Navigator Stroller Black
Phil And Teds Navigator Stroller Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not amazing., 18 April 2013
This is a premium buggy but I was surprised by some strange designs on it given the price and the fact that its a new model. One being the back of the under carriage having only roughly 3 inches of lip to stop all your stuff falling out the back. I realise there is an option for a double seat to go on there but the lip stops a good 3 inches under the double seat attachments and in any case you could have a retractable lip which my dad nicely made for me anyway - this should of been a feature of it. The mud guards well I guess this is compromise but they do catch steep steps when pulling the buggy up backwards (but I guess this is a toss up with stopping water flicking off the wheels). And if you are thinking it might be easier up stairs well: I did think it would be easier pulling this backwards up steps but it not much easier than my cheap mothercare £70 job buggy due to the extra weight - but that's not a fault or anything of the buggy itself. Other than that and a few other niggles its pretty damn good - takes a bit of getting use to having 3 wheels not 4...

Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

1.0 out of 5 stars Were is the Directors cut?!, 15 Aug 2012
I am sorry but the theatrical release was the strangest film I have ever seen - great in parts and awful in others. Until a directors cut is released I wont be buying this one :( ...unless some amazing thing is revealed later on about this film :O ! Was going to put about 3 stars but I see loadsa 5 people over scoring(probably people who made it) so its a one then meh...heres hoping to an explanation for why seemingly intelligent scientist act like retards then normal people in the space of a few seconds in part 2.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2012 2:30 PM BST