Profile for Supernatural Chick > Reviews

Content by Supernatural Chick

Supernatural Chick (Kent)

Page: 1 | 2
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 1)
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 1)
by Nicci French

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, I couldnt put it down!, 20 Nov. 2012
I used to love Nicci French books, then the last few were a bit weak, but thought I would try this new book. I always like a series of books as you can involved in the characters.
As a mum I found the premise disturbing, but I couldtn stop turning the pages. I loved the plot twists, which keep going right till the end. I guessed one but not the last!

I would recommend this if you like twisty, turny books. Ok so the main character and her family issues are a bit annoying, inconsequential really. But the plot was addictive!

River Marked (Mercy Thompson)
River Marked (Mercy Thompson)
by Patricia Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 9 Aug. 2011
I have to disagree I really enjoyed this book, i like the Coyote character and the theme.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Never Tell
Never Tell
by Claire Seeber

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Never Tell (Paperback)
I read this while on holiday and its definately a good page turner. Just the right amount of sex and intrigue

Morocco Berlitz Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Morocco Berlitz Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Neil Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 23 Dec. 2009
Very useful little guide book, for the size as much as the information as I hate carrying round big guide books.

It has good sections as per all Berlitz books with useful hints, tips and phrases

I would recommend a trip to Morocco as well!

Songs of the Humpback Whale
Songs of the Humpback Whale
by Jodi Picoult

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing read, 23 Dec. 2009
I have recently discovered Jodi Piccoult and have eaten up many of her later books so when I saw this for sale I assumed it was a new book and rushed to buy it
However it is her first book, and has been re-released. I was disappointed as its very slow, practically nothing happens, and having read the twisty turn plots in her other books, great courtroom drama, and moral dilemmas that her other subjects have covered this was just plain boring.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2010 4:25 PM BST

The Almost Moon
The Almost Moon
by Alice Sebold

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Almost Moon (Hardcover)
I bought this book as I loved The Lovely Bones, but am very disappointed in the characters, plot and substance.
In fact I have stopped reading it, I just don't care what happens, and this is one of the only times I have ever given up on a book.
Don't waste your money!

Say Goodbye
Say Goodbye
by Lisa Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!!, 18 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Say Goodbye (Hardcover)
Great book, quite harrowing at some points but i loved seeing Quincy, Raine, Kimberley and Mac again. Read it!!

Decade in the Sun: Best of Stereophonics
Decade in the Sun: Best of Stereophonics

5.0 out of 5 stars Stereophonics-You're are My Stars, 24 Dec. 2008
What makes a good 'best of' album? A stomping romp through all the bands key songs which highlight their songwriting capability? excellent voices and musical abilities? The ability to take you back to each and every time you first heard their songs? YES.

Thats what I think, and that why I have given this album 5 stars.

The 18 tracks we know & love are on here (including Handbags which is a nice treat) and two new tracks, You're My Star and My Own Worst Enemy. Both great songs, YMS is well written and obviously from the heart about Kelly Jones' daughters, and MOWE is cowritten by Adam Zindani and Kelly Jones and is a rocking track which has become a firm favourite of mine.

I would highley reccommend this album for fans and non-fans who will become fan after listening to this.

Word Gets Around
Word Gets Around

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album **********, 15 July 2008
This review is from: Word Gets Around (Audio CD)
Quite simply one of the best albums ever. Each track is distinctive, keeps you rocking, Kelly's voice is amazsing. Great lyrcis, great music, buy it!

Young Wives' Tales
Young Wives' Tales
by Adele Parks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Playing Away, 23 April 2008
This review is from: Young Wives' Tales (Paperback)
Although I generally love her books I have only given this 3 stars beacuse i did get slightly annoyed with all the characters at different points, they were more likable in Playing Away.
Rose is just far to good for her own good, annoyingly principled at times, Lucy annoyed me to with her selfishness and Connies character was not explored enough. Obviously this is my own personal view but it was slightly disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2