Profile for ajbh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Lite Brix Moonlight Monsters Spooky Spa
Lite Brix Moonlight Monsters Spooky Spa

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego(ish) that lights up!, 3 Sep 2014
Simple and not very large (5" wide maybe) but it works, was fun to put together (clear instructions) and looks neat lit up. Seems sturdy enough and does interlock with lego okay. Do be aware only the pink "spooky spa" block actually contains lights, the rest is just clear blocks. I was expecting something more complex, but actually it works pretty well. Also batteries not included! Happy with it & would make a good gift.

Ghost in the Machine (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 1)
Ghost in the Machine (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy handed - but gripping and great main characters, 7 Nov 2013
The fake firm names and the scots accents are admittedly heavy handed, but I read it through in 3 sittings, enjoyed the story, really warmed to the main characters and have paid to download the next two :) Recommended, especially if still free!

Witch Weigh (A Paranormal Romantic Comedy)
Witch Weigh (A Paranormal Romantic Comedy)

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it, I really did, 3 Mar 2013
I read a lot of these free/cheap lightweight reads and this one is just a bit too simplistic/stereotype heavy, I know it's a novella, but I just found it overly naive and straightforward. Not awful, I did finish it, I just wouldn't bother again...

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

5.0 out of 5 stars Short fun read, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
Shorter and much more easy reading that I'd expected - couldn't put it down! Excellent value for 20 pence :)

Chalet Boy - The Diary of my First Ski Season (Aged 31)
Chalet Boy - The Diary of my First Ski Season (Aged 31)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to warm to the main character!, 3 Mar 2013
Reasonably written and an easy read, but I struggled to warm to the judgmental and selfish main character which leaves the overall experience as 3 stars. Sorry Andy.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2013 12:29 PM GMT

Skagen 233LTMB Gents Watch with Black Mesh Bracelet
Skagen 233LTMB Gents Watch with Black Mesh Bracelet
Offered by Cores Opt

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, very slim and light - a little smaller than expected, 3 Mar 2013
Eyecatching, minimalist, expensive looking face and well put together. Very light and slim which was what I was looking for, but it's not quite as large a face/strap as other skagen we have (38/25mm versus 42/30mm I think) so looks a little small on my husband (6'1"/13 stone) I'd be tempted by the SKW6009 instead if buying again which is a little bigger and looks a lot more expensive (should do - it is!). If you want a smaller watch though is great, no problems at all (once you work out how to the catch works ;o)

Second Chance Romance
Second Chance Romance

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor - deleted without finishing it, 23 Feb 2013
Very poor, first thing I've deleted rather than finishing! Repetitive, poorly fleshed out characters, more than normal amounts of suspension of belief required, incredibly naive and downright dull. Sorry Ms Monroe, but I really would recommend people look elsewhere.....

Five Children and It
Five Children and It

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten how good it is, fairly short too, 23 Feb 2013
Read years ago and was glad to find this languishing in the bottom of the free chart. Great classic kids book and not too long. Give it a try!

War & Piste
War & Piste

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun read, especially for those headed out for a snow holiday!, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: War & Piste (Kindle Edition)
Clicked the link for this by chance while viewing another book and gave it a try as was cheap. Love it, read it twice at least and was the perfect light hearted read while waiting impatiently for our ski trip departure date. I read a lot of the free/cheap on the kindle (500+ and counting) and this is definitely in the top few.

Lip Smacker Coca Cola Lip Gloss Pack of 6
Lip Smacker Coca Cola Lip Gloss Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, looks great, smells better!, 23 Feb 2013
I _love_ this - buy it, buy it now! They smell just right, the tin is super cute and it's and a good quality lip balm. Very happy!

Page: 1 | 2