Profile for ras_anderson > Reviews

The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
by Jack Canfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Very American very 'soup', 20 Jan. 2005
I guess if you put a big picture of yourself on the cover of a book you are going to be talking about yourself a lot! It is a very American view of success and focuses a lot on the author. I have read Jack's 'principles of success' in lots of places previously, and personally I liked them better when it's more about my success than about the author talking about himself. The book How to be A Complete and Utter Failure contains virtually everything in here but it's much more entertaining to read (be successful and have a laugh while you are at it).
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 5:31 PM BST

Success!: The Need to Succeed is in Your Genes, the Way to Succeed is in This Book
by Richard Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous - clever, useful, witty and wise, 17 Nov. 2004
What a gloriously enjoyable and useful book. It made me think about what I was doing and why, it made me re-think things I do from habit, it gave me ideas, it gave me practical tips, it gave me inspiration. And on top of all that useful stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it - very clever, witty and wise. And you can't ever ask for more than that. Highly recommended.

The "Which?" Guide to Starting Your Own Business: How to Make a Success of Going it Alone ("Which?" Consumer Guides)
by Which? Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful on the technicalities, 30 Mar. 2004
This book is useful for a quick intro to current legislation, tax, VAT etc. and on the practicalities like finding offices. To balance this, I found it useful to have From Acorns by Caspian Woods - full of inspiring yet practical advice on pricing a product, marketing without spending too much cash and all that side of business start ups.

The Beermat Entrepreneur: What You Really Need to Know to Turn a Good Idea into a Great Business
by Mike Southon

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all of us thinking about it - or doing it!, 16 Jan. 2004
This is a great book to give you a real strategic overview about how to start up your own company - or grow it if you are already an entrepreneur. Really useful stuff and very readable. The perfect companion I've found is a book called From Acorns by Caspian Woods which gives you all the nitty gritty insider secrets to successful start ups. The combination of the two books gave me all I needed to know!