Profile for wanderlust > Reviews

Content by wanderlust

wanderlust "Shona :)" (Stirlingshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Darkness Falls
Darkness Falls

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on YA dystopian, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Darkness Falls (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read anything else by this author but after reading this book I think I will try some!

The book is a fantastic price & a fantastic story. I have been reading a lot of dystopian books recently and I would rate this book highly among them. It had action, romance & interesting characters. I found myself really getting into the story & i was sad when the book finished. I will definitely buy the next book in the series.

I would recommend this book for sure, also I am 25 years old & would recommend it to other adults.
Other dystopian YA books i would recommend areAngelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) &The Demon Trappers: Forbidden. If you liked either or those books I would think you would enjoy this too.

The Forever Girl: a New Adult Paranormal Fantasy: (Forever Girl Series Book One)

1.0 out of 5 stars Did i read a different book from everyone else? *slight spoilers i guess*, 10 May 2012
So first I must mention that I HATE leaving bad reviews. (BUT) I also HATE spending money on a book then it turns out rubbish. Which is why I decided to leave a review.

I read the reviews for this book & the blurb, put it on my wishlist for a few weeks & ended up buying it (after it dropped in price). I was honestly surprised by how much I really didn't enjoy this book, in fact I gave up about half way through. It wasn't badly written, it was the story that annoyed me. It was really wooden & unbelievable, the characters really bugged me - some of their interactions/conversations seemed so unlikely. Bits like; the guy is sitting in a dinner/cafe holding the girls had saying how they/she shouldn't be doing this - also he keeps showing up places she is but says she is stalking him? God it was so frustrating, the cafe/dinner bit tipped me over the edge & thats when i deleted it off my kindle and started a different book.

I have read so many books UF/PR that are better than this & don't have almost 5 star reviews - it really makes me wonder if some of the other reviews are real... ?

I wouldn't recommend this.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2012 6:22 PM BST

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1)
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars When does the next book come out? (no spoilers), 28 April 2012
Last night I download this for my kindle, read it non-stop & I loved it.
It was dark & deep. The emotions & characters seemed really realistic. The writing style made you feel like you where seeing, feeling, living the moment along with the character. I liked that it wasn't happy all the time (or even most of the time). It made a real change from the books I normally read.
I would recommend this book to anyone 12yrs+ (I am currently 25). It does not read like most YA novels (if you have read enough I am sure you will understand what I mean when I say this). In fact I wouldn't class it as a YA but I would say that YA could & should read it. I wont compare it to any other books as I haven't read any that are super similar.
Other books I would recommend that I think you will enjoy if you like this book are Darkness Falls (Darkness Falls Series, Book 1) & Divergent.

Half-Blood (The Covenant Series Book 1)
Half-Blood (The Covenant Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars <3 A Fantastic addiction to YA UF, 25 April 2012
I have read alot of books, I read atleast 1 a day. I normally stay away from YA after reading a few & found them a bit lacking. (Maybe this is because i am not a YA, i am 24) This book was recommended for me on Amazon & after reading other reviews i decided to DL it yesterday for my Kindle. I am so glad i did!
I felt the the author really made the characters feel real. No down playing emotion or "babying" their feeling. This is what made the book so intense. I have gone on to read book 2 in the series (Pure (Covenant)) which also was amazing. I cannot decide if i like Pure better or that i loved them both & because the first book was so good that it made Pure even better.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoy's UF even if you are not a YA. I would also recommend The Demon Trappers: Forsaken & Vampire Academy if you read this book and are looking for some other good quality YA UF. I would also say that if you have read & enjoyed either series that you will enjoy this series.

The Seeking Kiss, (The Midnight Playground)
The Seeking Kiss, (The Midnight Playground)

4.0 out of 5 stars Threesomes, fangs & fun, 16 Aug. 2011
If you are looking for some very hot sex scenes then this book is for you! It is a vampire based storyline. There is male/male sex, male/female and male/male/female sex. It is a good short steamy sex book & worth a read. Definitely one to get your pulses racing!

Mated (Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy: Blood Lust Novella 3)
Mated (Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy: Blood Lust Novella 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldnt mind a bite from Cole ^_^, 12 July 2011
I normally don't review the books I have read for fear that I won't do it or the author justice. However after finishing this book a few minutes ago I felt compelled to rave about it! :)
I read another of Zoe Winters books yesterday (Save My Soul) & even though I rarely buy books (love myself a freebie) I decided that because I had enjoyed Save My Soul so much that I should buy a few of Zoe's other books. I am really pleased I did, as it was money well spent in my opinion. This book made me laugh & made me lick my lips quite a few times... what normal book can do that? The plot is good & racy at all the right points. I think that Zoe is a fantastic writer & I will make sure I buy all her future books :) I am now of to read claimed (A Paranormal Romance in the Blood Lust trilogy, 2) - I am SURE it will not disappoint :)

BaByliss 2286U Waving Wand
BaByliss 2286U Waving Wand

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe its just me.. ?, 4 May 2011
I have medium thickness, past shoulder length (mid boob) hair. I bought this product because my other curlers no longer can curl my length of hair.. they havent been able to for a while.
I read reviews & watched the video and decided this product was for me. After trying first time to do it I almost gave up and returned them.. i kept at it and i am please with what a can do now (10x i have used them). I do still think they are hard to work but i wonder if this is because i am left handed? I would love to know if any other left handed people found them hard to work? Maybe it is just me IDK.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2011 3:15 PM GMT

Dead Reckoning: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 11)
Dead Reckoning: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 11)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite one in the series.. (no spoilers), 4 May 2011
I have been excited about this book coming out with ages, infact i even paid the ridiculos pre-order kindle price to make sure i woke up with it there! I had previously read the first chapter on Charlaine Harris's website so I was expecting it to be pretty awesome. I finished this book in 3 hours.
I was left a little dissapointed, i felt it was a tad rushed - it ended too quickly also. It is a in-fill to the series i think - some important/exciting things did happen but not enough for me to call it a brilliant book. I liked it however and feel like it is leading up to a brilliant book. I still look forward reading more from the series.

The Land Before Time 4-6 [DVD]
The Land Before Time 4-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Smith
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value & fantastic product., 31 Mar. 2011
My 3 boys who watch this love it, everyday they ask me to put on a Dinosaur film :)
All 3 films are great and carry on well from the orginal film. My favourite out of these 3 is The Mysterious Island. You could easy watch these without having watched any of the other films but TBH i think you should buy the lot as i havent found one that neither my children or me havent loved.

The Almost Moon
The Almost Moon
by Alice Sebold

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what i was hoping for, 31 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Almost Moon (Paperback)
I have loved her other books & when i saw this for sale the other day I knew that i had to get it. When i started reading it I wondered almost straight away if i would be able to get into the story. Anyway i carried on through the book, as i would of hate not to finish a book. I found the whole book disjointed & at times confusing. Some of the words were moving & i cried at one point. The ending was extremely annoying.. I was very unsatisfied with it.
I would not recommend this book to anyone & i am going to give it too a charity shop ASAP.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8