Profile for SewShonaSew > Reviews

Content by SewShonaSew

SewShonaSew "Shona :)" (Stirlingshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Half-Blood (The Covenant Series Book 1)
Half-Blood (The Covenant Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars <3 A Fantastic addiction to YA UF, 25 April 2012
I have read alot of books, I read atleast 1 a day. I normally stay away from YA after reading a few & found them a bit lacking. (Maybe this is because i am not a YA, i am 24) This book was recommended for me on Amazon & after reading other reviews i decided to DL it yesterday for my Kindle. I am so glad i did!
I felt the the author really made the characters feel real. No down playing emotion or "babying" their feeling. This is what made the book so intense. I have gone on to read book 2 in the series (Pure (Covenant)) which also was amazing. I cannot decide if i like Pure better or that i loved them both & because the first book was so good that it made Pure even better.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoy's UF even if you are not a YA. I would also recommend The Demon Trappers: Forsaken & Vampire Academy if you read this book and are looking for some other good quality YA UF. I would also say that if you have read & enjoyed either series that you will enjoy this series.

The Seeking Kiss, (The Midnight Playground)
The Seeking Kiss, (The Midnight Playground)

4.0 out of 5 stars Threesomes, fangs & fun, 16 Aug 2011
If you are looking for some very hot sex scenes then this book is for you! It is a vampire based storyline. There is male/male sex, male/female and male/male/female sex. It is a good short steamy sex book & worth a read. Definitely one to get your pulses racing!

Mated (Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy: Blood Lust Novella 3)
Mated (Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy: Blood Lust Novella 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldnt mind a bite from Cole ^_^, 12 July 2011
I normally don't review the books I have read for fear that I won't do it or the author justice. However after finishing this book a few minutes ago I felt compelled to rave about it! :)
I read another of Zoe Winters books yesterday (Save My Soul) & even though I rarely buy books (love myself a freebie) I decided that because I had enjoyed Save My Soul so much that I should buy a few of Zoe's other books. I am really pleased I did, as it was money well spent in my opinion. This book made me laugh & made me lick my lips quite a few times... what normal book can do that? The plot is good & racy at all the right points. I think that Zoe is a fantastic writer & I will make sure I buy all her future books :) I am now of to read claimed (A Paranormal Romance in the Blood Lust trilogy, 2) - I am SURE it will not disappoint :)

BaByliss 2286U Waving Wand
BaByliss 2286U Waving Wand

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe its just me.. ?, 4 May 2011
I have medium thickness, past shoulder length (mid boob) hair. I bought this product because my other curlers no longer can curl my length of hair.. they havent been able to for a while.
I read reviews & watched the video and decided this product was for me. After trying first time to do it I almost gave up and returned them.. i kept at it and i am please with what a can do now (10x i have used them). I do still think they are hard to work but i wonder if this is because i am left handed? I would love to know if any other left handed people found them hard to work? Maybe it is just me IDK.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2011 3:15 PM GMT

Dead Reckoning: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 11)
Dead Reckoning: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Book 11)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite one in the series.. (no spoilers), 4 May 2011
I have been excited about this book coming out with ages, infact i even paid the ridiculos pre-order kindle price to make sure i woke up with it there! I had previously read the first chapter on Charlaine Harris's website so I was expecting it to be pretty awesome. I finished this book in 3 hours.
I was left a little dissapointed, i felt it was a tad rushed - it ended too quickly also. It is a in-fill to the series i think - some important/exciting things did happen but not enough for me to call it a brilliant book. I liked it however and feel like it is leading up to a brilliant book. I still look forward reading more from the series.

The Land Before Time 4-6 [DVD]
The Land Before Time 4-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Smith
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value & fantastic product., 31 Mar 2011
My 3 boys who watch this love it, everyday they ask me to put on a Dinosaur film :)
All 3 films are great and carry on well from the orginal film. My favourite out of these 3 is The Mysterious Island. You could easy watch these without having watched any of the other films but TBH i think you should buy the lot as i havent found one that neither my children or me havent loved.

The Almost Moon
The Almost Moon
by Alice Sebold

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what i was hoping for, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Almost Moon (Paperback)
I have loved her other books & when i saw this for sale the other day I knew that i had to get it. When i started reading it I wondered almost straight away if i would be able to get into the story. Anyway i carried on through the book, as i would of hate not to finish a book. I found the whole book disjointed & at times confusing. Some of the words were moving & i cried at one point. The ending was extremely annoying.. I was very unsatisfied with it.
I would not recommend this book to anyone & i am going to give it too a charity shop ASAP.

Little Star Creations DTEH Dora The Explorer Kids Headphones
Little Star Creations DTEH Dora The Explorer Kids Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Very limted sound & too large, 26 Dec 2010
My son who is 4 but wears 6-8 hats & has 98 percentile head measurement cannot wear these even on the smallest setting as they constantly fall off.
Also the sound is so limited that everything has to be on its loudest setting to hear anything & sometimes even then its still like a whisper.
I wouldnt recommend.

Playmobil City Action 4822 Fire Chief's Car
Playmobil City Action 4822 Fire Chief's Car

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm...., 18 Dec 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
My 3 year old son got this for his birthday. When i was putting it togther i had problems understanding the instructions regarding the wheels/axels - my husband did also. I am still not sure if they are in correctly.
I used to have playmobil as a child & my parents still have some of it which my children now play with, I think the older stuff was made far better. I have alot of the new playmobil & find things fall apart easily (The fire station & Zoo especially!) I am so feed up putting all the toys back together! Its the same with this car, I am forever putting the roof & front window back in. My son lent on the car when he was pushing it along & broke part of the windscreen & the roof slightly bent - he wasnt leaning very hard so i was really disappointed.
I guess if your children can put it back together themselves & play really gently with it then it would good.
My son's (the 3 who play with it) love the car & dont mind it being broken which is why i gave it 3 stars.

The Grinch Soft Toy.
The Grinch Soft Toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks just like a Grinch should!, 18 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Grinch Soft Toy. (Toy)
I bought this for my 4 year old son as he loves both the book & the film. I am really happy with how it looks, it looks like the Grinch. Its soft & cuddly even though it looks like a meanie :) Also it isnt that large so i wouldnt recommend getting a smaller one. I cannot wait to give it to him on Christmas day & see his face!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2013 3:10 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8